Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Interesting article. We're 16th on that table with 1505 minutes. The only player I'm worried about with game time is Youri (if he stays with us) - if Belgium get to the final he'd have played 78 matches in 13 months. The guy needs a rest.

Hopefully though the 2300 - 3500 mins for players of Man City, Chelsea and Spurs will have a negative effect for them.

31 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Interesting article. We're 16th on that table with 1505 minutes. The only player I'm worried about with game time is Youri (if he stays with us) - if Belgium get to the final he'd have played 78 matches in 13 months. The guy needs a rest.

Hopefully though the 2300 - 3500 mins for players of Man City, Chelsea and Spurs will have a negative effect for them.

They'll probably go out tonight.

17 hours ago, moseeds said:

Interesting point about Arsenal & Tottenham - common denominator seems to be Stadium debts impacting financial muscle when they most needed it. Arsenal have somewhat recovered but went too far on splurging on named stars. Spurs... about to become Portugal B-Team. Something to mull over when wanting large capital investment in a stadium that will return little in comparison to TV & Euro competition money.

You are right, but they both built an entire stadium. We'll just be building/expanding one stand for now.

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Surely just increasing capacity stand by stand is the way to go. Little bit here little bit there. And make the big boys pay for it by selling a big player every now and again while Rudders and our scouting teams continue to pull rabbits out of their hats :scarf:

Agreed. We've built a new training ground and we're doing alright. I doubt expanding the KP would set us back anything like Spurs or Arsenal's stadiums did for them.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You are right, but they both built an entire stadium. We'll just be building/expanding one stand for now.

Agreed. We've built a new training ground and we're doing alright. I doubt expanding the KP would set us back anything like Spurs or Arsenal's stadiums did for them.

First of all, it won't be in London. Another issue is that Arsenal and Tottenham are owned by organisations more concerned about the bottom line than anything else. I think Top is more concerned about building something -- he won't throw money away, but he knows the KP needs improving (and basically, the US has proved that managed properly, your stadium can be a cash cow -- and the economics involved are actually quite similar to those behind duty free areas in airports.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

The pandemic has screwed Spurs over royally (and delightfully). If it weren’t for that, they’d be raking it with all the other events that they’d be hosting (boxing, concerts, functions, nfl etc).

When we expand the king power we will

(HOPEFULLY) be over most of the pandemic, and we will be able to satisfy the costs of the expansion with the extra income from the arena and other benefits.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Still not fully used to us being up there with the big names lol

No I think another stellar season next year and a top 4, great Europa run or lifting the FA Cup against should shake off my inferiority complex. 

One thing is for sure that I love the club we've become. We've always been hugely entertaining on (for the most part) and off the pitch BUT Vichai and Top have laced us with class and a strategy which is wonderful. 

COYB 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's astounding, really. We would have potentially had three in the England squad as well, were it not for two rotten injuries to JJ / Barnes and Madders' form pooing the bed in 2021.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why not chance a more controversial comment, such as, "It's a good idea to pull your pants down before taking a dump"?

Not if you've cut an access hole in the back so you can shit at a moments notice, it isn't. 

4 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

am i going mental ? i genuinely have no recollection of us ever wearing that shirt

We had three that year with that weird dot pattern - blue/gold, black/gold and white/blue. I remember we wore the white one in the friendly against Mönchengladbach when Iheanacho set one up for Vardy and we all got excited only for him to immediately get injured.

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

We had three that year with that weird dot pattern - blue/gold, black/gold and white/blue. I remember we wore the white one in the friendly against Mönchengladbach when Iheanacho set one up for Vardy and we all got excited only for him to immediately get injured.

so weird, i can remember the others, but can't picture the white one at all

5 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

am i going mental ? i genuinely have no recollection of us ever wearing that shirt

16 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

are you sure?

15 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

Do you feel like you’ve misplaced your brain in the mornings?  Do you remember Chelsea’s 17-18 third kit, while you've forgotten ours?

If so, you may be turning into your avatar.  This can be dangerous.  You might want to change it.

Mind, this phenomenon is not universal.  There’s little evidence it has turned @HighPeakFoxinto Socrates.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

To be fair that one friendly is basically all I can remember seeing of it, I don't think we wore it very often at all. When I think of the blue one I think of the win away at Southampton and Vardy and Mahrez scoring belters against Spurs, when I think of the black one I think of sexy Iborra scoring away at Brighton, the white one is just Iheanacho getting injured in a friendly.

41 minutes ago, Guest said:

To be fair that one friendly is basically all I can remember seeing of it, I don't think we wore it very often at all. When I think of the blue one I think of the win away at Southampton and Vardy and Mahrez scoring belters against Spurs, when I think of the black one I think of sexy Iborra scoring away at Brighton, the white one is just Iheanacho getting injured in a friendly.

yes! i only remember the black one thanks to handsome vicente at brighton, i even bought a long sleeve done after that. white one, nah. didn't happen

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Do you feel like you’ve misplaced your brain in the mornings?  Do you remember Chelsea’s 17-18 third kit, while you've forgotten ours?

If so, you may be turning into your avatar.  This can be dangerous.  You might want to change it.

Mind, this phenomenon is not universal.  There’s little evidence it has turned @HighPeakFoxinto Socrates.

haha, i've googled it and there is a picture of kelechi wearing it, but i genuinely have never seen us play in it, or don't remember seeing it anyway. 

i felt like the guy in my avatar when i saw it on google, the realisation that i have made a fool of myself 

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp