Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

20 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Whereabouts are you based? I can often be seen sporting various City tops around Welling, Bexleyheath and Eltham :schmike:

I lived in bexleyheath for most my life but just bought my first place in Greenhithe. Nice to know I’m not the only Fox in the area 👍🏻

• Like 2

I still remember going to Majorca, wearing a Leicester shirt and a guy (who obviously turned out to be Belgian) shouting 'Tielemans!' from over the road. 

It's like he knew the good things he would bring us :wub:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It is nice to see City shirts out and about nowhere near Leicester, but there's something uncomfortable for me about knowing children are growing up as Leicester fans because of our success. 

I remember having the piss taken out of me for being a Leicester fan growing up. Granted I was never that bothered, I support the only club I was ever going to and I've always been proud of that, but it seems weird to me to imagine kids in Leicester shirts potentially doing the same thing to kids in other places up and down the country who support their local teams. 

I know it's good for the club commercially and it's an unavoidable by-product of success, but it still feels strange.

Me too. I loved being the only Leicester fan in school. **** the ‘fans’ that jump on us because of our success. Where were these little 5 year old pricks at Hereford away!!?? I didn’t see them there :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It is nice to see City shirts out and about nowhere near Leicester, but there's something uncomfortable for me about knowing children are growing up as Leicester fans because of our success. 

I remember having the piss taken out of me for being a Leicester fan growing up. Granted I was never that bothered, I support the only club I was ever going to and I've always been proud of that, but it seems weird to me to imagine kids in Leicester shirts potentially doing the same thing to kids in other places up and down the country who support their local teams. 

I know it's good for the club commercially and it's an unavoidable by-product of success, but it still feels strange.

Fully agreed, however I am jealous that they don't have to live through the ignominy of being 'outranked' by glory hunting Newcastle fans.

Who cares how true or verbatim it is? Just read and dwell. Someone is considering turning down Spurs - that’s Tottenham Feckin’ Hotspurs - as they don’t think they can catch up with Leicester City. Just let that sink in and enjoy your evening. 😊

F68B9EFC-1A3F-41D2-BFDA-FBBEA9AAEB97.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Who cares how true or verbatim it is? Just read and dwell. Someone is considering turning down Spurs - that’s Tottenham Feckin’ Hotspurs - as they don’t think they can catch up with Leicester City. Just let that sink in and enjoy your evening. 😊

F68B9EFC-1A3F-41D2-BFDA-FBBEA9AAEB97.jpeg

Winning project… oxymoron?

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The stadium thread disappear literally as I was posting this in it. 

Sorry about that I was editing it to split the none stadium stuff out, it's back now

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Imagine showing this to your old self when we were in League One. 

Crazy isn't it. My only wish every season was reaching the play offs (more in hope than expectation)

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

Imagine showing this to your old self when we were in League One. 

Yeah but lads, are Maynard and Cattermole still available? 

15 hours ago, moseeds said:

Interesting point about Arsenal & Tottenham - common denominator seems to be Stadium debts impacting financial muscle when they most needed it. Arsenal have somewhat recovered but went too far on splurging on named stars. Spurs... about to become Portugal B-Team. Something to mull over when wanting large capital investment in a stadium that will return little in comparison to TV & Euro competition money.

Surely just increasing capacity stand by stand is the way to go. Little bit here little bit there. And make the big boys pay for it by selling a big player every now and again while Rudders and our scouting teams continue to pull rabbits out of their hats :scarf:

• Like 2