Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

It wasn’t sarcasm at all. 

I just feel he not ready for PL football yet. 

he been great in a few matches but think this is the 2nd time Brendan hauled him off at HT. 

Defensively he been good but I am yet to see attacking ability from him yet. 

Hopefully gain a yard of pace as well as if you notice Thomas most often turn back while in a attacking space as hasn’t got the skill or pace to beat a man. 

I think Thomas has been a great addition to the squad this year. Great performance at Villa and increasingly involved going forward. I agree that he sometimes turns back, but I think that is being overly cautious rather than lacking skill. He’s clearly very good technically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Because when he was sent out on loan he was 6th choice midfielder behind:

N’Didi

Tielemans

Praet

Mendy

Choudhury 

The loan move was perfect for him and he’ll be useful for us next season, not just because he’s a good player but because of the experience this season will have got him. 

Except he’s not a holding midfielder so he isn’t behind N’didi, Mendy or Hamza. He was only behind Tilemans and Praet.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Except he’s not a holding midfielder so he isn’t behind N’didi, Mendy or Hamza. He was only behind Tilemans and Praet.

Regardless of your point, every single one of them players would’ve been picked ahead of him. 

Rodgers wouldn't say those things for the hell of it. He's painted a picture for him to succeed not just here but anywhere. It's up to him to put in the work and leave the BS of the under 23's behind. No excuses now the opportunities are there. Hope he stays and toughs it out.

Whether it's this forum, little bits and pieces coming from Brendan lately or the youtube video I just watched, I'm convinced we see him start either tomorrow or against Brighton. If he signs a new deal, along with KDH we could have some really nice depth to the midfield next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't imagine the club are that happy with him organising his own interviews.

At least he's very complimentary of Rodgers and Leicester. Not even any vague answers in regard to his future that you might get for someone who's contract is up and is being linked elsewhere. I think he's come across quite well in recent months from these Portuguese interviews, the one a few months back was completely at odds with what we were being told about him and his stance with the club.

25 minutes ago, eblair said:

only got one Q for people who have watched him, is he quick? cos we need an injection of pace on the weekend

Yeah, he's got a quick turn of pace even though his style of play seems quite languid. Covers the pitch very well.

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't imagine the club are that happy with him organising his own interviews.

Plenty of other players do it, doubt it is that big a deal, nothing he has said in that interview can be seen as “damaging” or an issue for the club

As long as he runs it past the social media side of the club or whatever (there is nothing to suggest he didn’t) can’t see why it would be a problem

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Plenty of other players do it, doubt it is that big a deal, nothing he has said in that interview can be seen as “damaging” or an issue for the club

As long as he runs it past the social media side of the club or whatever (there is nothing to suggest he didn’t) can’t see why it would be a problem

Theyre never looked upon favourably by clubs particularly when they're trying to sort a new deal for him.