Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

https://www.givemesport.com/1654251-newcastle-battling-fierce-opposition-to-sign-rarelyseen-leicester-ace

Sidnei Tavares has been on the fringes of the Leicester City team for some time. 

The 19-year-old is a versatile presence who can play in central midfield or on the wing and he has yet to be truly exposed to first-team football. 

He did make his debut on Thursday, coming on as a late substitute in the 2-0 defeat to Slavia Prague in the Europa League.

Tavares was on the bench for the first leg and also made the bench for the FA Cup tie with Brighton & Hove Albion earlier this season. 

But it seems his lack of minutes could now see him seek pastures new. 

Sport Witness carries a report from Portuguese outlet Noticias ao Minuto, claiming that the teenager has a contract that expires at the end of the season and that there are a number of clubs sniffing around a possible free transfer. 

Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Almeria, Sevilla and Nice are all named as potential destinations, along with fellow Premier League club Newcastle United. 

The Magpies face a bitter fight to bring him in, though, as Benfica are already said to have made an offer. 

Leicester want to keep him but that is said to be unlikely, as Tavares wants to be playing first-team football. 

There are no more details pertaining to whether Newcastle have made an offer yet.

Feels like Chilwell all over again to me based on what the noises are.

Player surrounded by pushy agents / family who think he should be playing for Madrid before he's even made his debut. Wants to leave already or at least has an agent putting out a lot of stories about interest in him.

Hes probably a decent kid and Rodgers etc know that, it's just who he's surrounded by. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds. His first touch was him rolling his studs over the ball- certainly looks the part.

Hope we get this sorted and he goes onto to be a world beater with us. However my hunch says even if he signs a contract these rumours may persist.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KingsX said:

STandDG.JPG.02868cbc88369df06f8390d7fe8d29b9.JPG

That's all it takes, innit.

***  FT WEATHER ALERT ***

Meteorologists have detected the classic signature of a large hot air mass of "thinks he's better than he is" posts approaching.

In a rarity for this formation, there is no sign of accompanying “no footballing brain” disturbances.  These appear to have been absorbed by the Ünder layers in the atmosphere.

A second storm of these posts may hit FT about June.  A " Tavares joins Sporting” depression is forming in the tropics, and may become a thread at that time.

You’re telling me he doesn’t look like him!? His posture etc all looked exactly like Gray. Not comparing his attitude at all. 

15 hours ago, Bert said:

You’re telling me he doesn’t look like him!? His posture etc all looked exactly like Gray. Not comparing his attitude at all. 

No. Gray’s eyes are different and impress upon you that he lacks a bit of drive ... or maybe Gray just looked tired

Edited by Tom12345

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Didn’t look like Dimi at all but to be fair, you did mix up Jamie Vardy with Becky. :P

• Haha 4

Idk if he’s capable of making an impact in the Premier League but it can’t be a bad idea to throw him in when everyone else looks knackered or off it. Yeah Smith Rowe has far more first team experience but we saw the difference that throwing him made to Arsenal around Christmas. Just something a bit different 

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

If he's ever going to get a chance it has to be Wednesday. 

Imagine if he scores the winner! I think there would be no celebration, very much Cantona chip style - looking around wondering what all the fuss is about. 

No point putting him in the shop window if he's leaving on a free anyway. I'd rather they blooded one of the other hopefuls. 

Im guessing they think he might stay? 

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

No point putting him in the shop window if he's leaving on a free anyway. I'd rather they blooded one of the other hopefuls. 

Im guessing they think he might stay? 

I think we give him some games and he will feel like he has a pathway here and will sign a new long term deal. Its evident Rodgers rates him.

I’d start him Wednesday, what’s the worse that can happen? We look shite whenever we play Vardy and Iheanacho together, it’s shown glimpses of promise at times but never come to fruition. 

Play Tavares alongside Ndidi and Tielemans and see if he can actually manage this level. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d start him Wednesday, what’s the worse that can happen? We look shite whenever we play Vardy and Iheanacho together, it’s shown glimpses of promise at times but never come to fruition. 

Play Tavares alongside Ndidi and Tielemans and see if he can actually manage this level. 

His height gives an added bonus vs this lot too

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers just said he was about to bring him on yesterday but Evans got injured. Tavares is bang in the mixer now.

You love to see it, you really do.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts tomorrow. We don’t really need Youri, Burnley’s midfield is about as expansive as a brick, so I don’t think it will take much above effort to in that battle.