Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyre never looked upon favourably by clubs particularly when they're trying to sort a new deal for him.

Well we will never know whether the club let him do it or not, no point speculating

Nothing he said in that interview should have any impact on what gets discussed in contract talks anyway

Even Ricardo has talked about wanting to play at the “highest level”, doubt it gets used as a stick to beat him with in contract talks

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Well we will never know whether the club let him do it or not, no point speculating

Nothing he said in that interview should have any impact on what gets discussed in contract talks anyway

Even Ricardo has talked about wanting to play at the “highest level”, doubt it gets used as a stick to beat him with in contract talks

Exactly, he was very complimentary of thr club and Rodgers in particular.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly, he was very complimentary of thr club and Rodgers in particular.

I thought it was a really good interview from him, gave no hints about his future, just that he is thinking about the here and now which for someone who has just broken into the first team is a good mindset to have

His comments about the feeling he gets from around the club and what he says about Rodgers are what really give me hope he will sign a new contract

Definitely expecting to see him start against either Burnley or Brighton

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I thought it was a really good interview from him, gave no hints about his future, just that he is thinking about the here and now which for someone who has just broken into the first team is a good mindset to have

His comments about the feeling he gets from around the club and what he says about Rodgers are what really give me hope he will sign a new contract

Definitely expecting to see him start against either Burnley or Brighton

You're probably right. I'm incredibly sceptical about him to be honest, seems like a lot of hype around him. Largely generated by @Ric Flair 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is all part of the process, we are giving him first team opportunities and he will now hopefully sign a new deal. Its been a great turnaround, we have a potential star on our hands however much people want to dismiss me promoting him so much this season. I only did it because I could see a potential waste of a very talented youngster who's been with us since he was about 8. 

Are you sure you're not secretly his father?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Huh?

Castagne not proven?

I don't think we'll sign a full-back in summer. It's certainly not a priority area. Defensively we have enough bodies going in to next season (as long as no-one leaves!).

It's the other end of the pitch we have to improve.

I agree we have 2 fullbacks in Riccardo and Castange who can play right or left with Thomas as back up and I think BR is keen to develop Daley-Campbell.

With Justin hopefully fit in October- November time.

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're probably right. I'm incredibly sceptical about him to be honest, seems like a lot of hype around him. Largely generated by @Ric Flair 🤣

Haha you're only sceptical because of how much I've pushed his cause but you only have to read in to what Rodgers is saying about him to know thst the club think this lad is mustard. Just sit back and enjoy, get on the bandwagon 🤪

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Completely sold the Burnley player with that turn.

Yeah the Burnley player was thinking "100% he's going that way as he'll be nervous and making his debut" 

Sidnei had different ideas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's about 3% of what he's capable of. Be interesting to see him vs Brighton when the game opens up a bit.

Great to see him make his PL debut, a proud moment for the day ones.

Rodgers is going to turn him into a beast if he stays. He looks twice the size he was from when I first saw him a couple of years ago.  Showed me today what I needed to know. Tough mentally and physically. I can see the comparisons to Yaya Toure. Think we have a player if we can keep him.

If he's as good as many on here (people that have watched him way more than me) say, then I have no idea how Hamza starts. I can only assume Brendan wanted Hamza for his physicality against the cloggers but surely against Brighton we should start Tavares. 

• Like 1