Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

Playing Youri further forward is a complete no-no. He’s a deep playmaker, always has and always will be. Hamza and Papy can’t come and play alongside Ndidi and Youri so for me unless you go 4-4-2 or play Iheanacho as a number 10, Tavares has to be a consideration to start just simply because we’ve got no other alternative with Maddison and Praet out. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Wasn’t he? Again, as with Under, he might have made up a mind or two tonight 

Really frustrating as I thought Choudhury was very good vs Fulham and Wolves but whenever he has been asked to play a more box to box game under Rodgers he has been dreadful and that's why he will be off in the next year. 

• Like 3

Not going to judge him onto day because I don't see the point. We could have brought Messi on tonight and he would have been quiet. I will however judge him on what I've seen previously and he's definitely one for the future. Possibly the most naturally talented player to come through the academy in my time. I wonder whether Rodgers threw him on to get him some experience as he's going to rely on him to fill the Maddison/Praet whole in our team. Exciting if true. 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really frustrating as I thought Choudhury was very good vs Fulham and Wolves but whenever he has been asked to play a more box to box game under Rodgers he has been dreadful and that's why he will be off in the next year. 

Choudhury’s role for me at this level is a blocker from the bench when you need to close a game out. He’s not got enough confidence on the ball in possession or with his passing to contribute much to anything other than blocking and recycling the ball (mainly backwards.) 

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I think he should be in the team but don't think hes a 10, i'd rather we play with 2 out and out strikers than try to make him a 10.

...Nachos' tendency is to drop deeper than the striker!!!

Having people go ahead of him makes him more comfortable in that role. He can hold the ball up and link the play.

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Playing Youri further forward is a complete no-no. He’s a deep playmaker, always has and always will be. Hamza and Papy can’t come and play alongside Ndidi and Youri so for me unless you go 4-4-2 or play Iheanacho as a number 10, Tavares has to be a consideration to start just simply because we’ve got no other alternative with Maddison and Praet out. 

This I agree with.  The issue is what to do.  Under centrally in Maddison's spot should still be the first thing we try, but playing Kelechi there might be worth considering too.  I don't think it's realistic to suggest Tavares is ready to step in to that degree and we've seen no evidence to the contrary.

Losing Praet or Maddison individually is tough, but both at the same time reveals how thin the roster is in midfield.  No excuse not to have brought someone in, really.

Give him or leshabala some minutes over next 3 prem games with Maddison likely missing! Hamza and Ndidi was worse than Mendy and Ndidi last night! Youri really needs to be deeper as he was anonymous further forward last night. Hope they come in fearless and express themselves. Could give us the lift we need!

Edited by Lesta2014

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Nachos' tendency is to drop deeper than the striker!!!

Having people go ahead of him makes him more comfortable in that role. He can hold the ball up and link the play.

yeah i'm aware of that, he isn't a 10 though, in the sense I would think of a 10, sort of as a play maker, he isn't really a 9 either perhaps he a 9 1/2 either way, he is more proven than Tavares, though I do take the point Tavares should get a shot, Burnley seems an ideal opportunity, tight organised defence, may be stubborn to breakdown.

I thought he looked like Dimmy too. Saw bits I did like (coming short and offering for the ball, showing up all the time) but also saw bits is didn’t (throwing himself to the ground expecting the free-kick). 

Might be unfair but I got a sense that he feels he’s made it (a la Gray) rather than someone who’s gonna work hard (a la Barnes). Hopefully I’m wrong and happy to be told I’m wrong by those that watch the youth team more regularly.