Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

18 hours ago, Collymore said:

Problem Tavares has got at the moment is that Rodgers still sees him as a last resort so he's getting chucked on as the last roll of the dice when our backs are against the wall. 

It would be nice for him to come in when we're 3-0 up bossing an opponent to build his confidence. 

Be a while before we’re bossing a game 

When I was his age I also look like skeleton due to my thin bone structure. I was still growing in length, though when around 25 i began to bulk up. From his appearnce on TV screen, he seems very slim, though he has an outstanding neck muscle structure, could watch him enough but  must be good at headers.

However with his light upper body he raises doubts of being a dominant premier league middlefield player. He still has plenty of time to bulk up though.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-citys-newest-star-reacts-5078818

Leicester City’s newest academy graduate Sidnei Tavares has brushed off talk over his future, insisting his sole focus is on life at the King Power Stadium.

The Portuguese midfielder made his Europa League and Premier League debut for the club over the past week, coming off the bench in the loss to Slavia Prague, and then in Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw with Burnley.

But as things stand, Tavares won’t be a City player next season, as his contract expires in the summer.

Talks are ongoing but City are seemingly not the only club who would like to have the teenager in their ranks, with Tavares linked to several overseas clubs, including Benfica and Sporting Lisbon in Portugal, where he was born and who he represents internationally.

Tavares signed his first professional contract the same month Brendan Rodgers arrived at the club and the manager said last week that he is in “a great environment” for his future.

But the player himself insists that is too far down the line for him to think about right now.

“The news doesn't bother me,” he told Portuguese outlet ZeroZero. “I only think about playing football.

“Whatever comes will come. The most important thing is the present and my present is at Leicester.

“I never know what happens tomorrow. You never know (if I will play in Portugal). It may or may not happen.

“But as I said, I am focused on the present and the present is Leicester.

“We are in third place, a Champions League position, and we want to show that it is possible to continue like this. It's not easy.

“The Premier League has six or seven top teams and there are several that will be left out (of the Champions League places), but we believe in ourselves very much and we want to be in the top four. We have a lot of quality, we are a family and we are confident.”

City hope Tavares’ first-team involvement will help convince him to stay, while his relationship with Rodgers could also play a part.

“My relationship with the boss is good,” he said. “He gives me tips, we talk every day. For me, he is one of the best in the world. He put me in the first team and I am very happy for that.

“I was excited (for my debut against Slavia). I wanted to go on the field and show what I could do, I wanted to score. Unfortunately, I didn't make it, but it is for the next one.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Any agreement on how we pronounce his name? Stringer's going for the 70's pop band style. 

I think the correct way is close to 'Ta-varsh', but by that logic we would be saying Fernandsh and Gomsh for Fernandes and Gomes, which we don't. I'll stick with Ta-var-ezz.

7 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think the correct way is close to 'Ta-varsh', but by that logic we would be saying Fernandsh and Gomsh for Fernandes and Gomes, which we don't. I'll stick with Ta-var-ezz.

Paul Dempsey disagrees!

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Anyone else find it odd how he just vanished for a few months, came back and was subbed at HT in his first appearance for the U23's in months and now is starting for us in the league? lol

His disappearance was odd, but he was genuinely injured when taken off for that match. 

Just now, ronnup said:

I'm doubling down, he's going to score. From a corner. 

Imagine. 

I have seen some ridiculous shyt on here, but come on....

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Frustrating thing is I can see him being the one subbed off 

Well he should be. Got to change the shape and whilst the talent is there and I think he's going to be a very good player 4 or 5 times he's been really sloppy in possession and positionally he's all over the place.

Watch him score a worldie now.

• Like 1

He's got talent but too inexperienced - he gives the ball away in poor areas, doesn't know when to run with the ball and when to pass, but DOES have decent touch, skill and he's quite agile. 

Let's wait and see. I would not give him the full 90 today though. 

Just now, yag101 said:

Not dog shit, but not quite there yet. He's got talent but too inexperienced - he gives the ball away in poor areas, doesn't know when to run with the ball and when to pass, but DOES have decent touch, skill and he's quite agile. 

Let's wait and see. I would not give him the full 90 today though. 

Sorry bud, I'm talking about the whole team

• Like 1