Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

We saw why he probably wasn't involved from the start, ball just went over his head at all times. Got on the ball twice with one decent turn, but did run the ball out of play or close to it on both occasions. Impossible to judge. 

I think there is half a chance he starts alongside Ndidi and Tielemans at Brighton. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

Not to dishearten a young prospect, he was not bad but needs some muscles in time.

Does he though? Look at how wiry Bruno Fernandes and Maddison are for example. If they're good enough they can find spaces and get an advantage without being a unit. He'll naturally become bigger with age but he needs to be encouraged to play his natural game, whatever that may be. If he needs to bulk up a bit to do that in senior football then fair enough, but if not then he just has to prove he's good enough.

Just now, ALC Fox said:

Does he though? Look at how wiry Bruno Fernandes and Maddison are for example. If they're good enough they can find spaces and get an advantage without being a unit. He'll naturally become bigger with age but he needs to be encouraged to play his natural game, whatever that may be. If he needs to bulk up a bit to do that in senior football then fair enough, but if not then he just has to prove he's good enough.

I wont reject if Maddison had been more strong physically. As for bruno fernandes he is was shorter than Tavares. Tavares is long and slim. Though i said in time he will get more muscles, he is still 19 years old, a growing up youngster. He should better be like his fellowman Christiane rather than Maddison.

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Under reminds me too much of Demarai, is that why you’re on his thread? 

Listen once super fans from Portugal or wherever come here with Tavaresfan as a handle and make unhinged demands that we rename the stadium for him, I'll bite. In the interim, this pablum thread just isn't doing it for my drama needs. 

• Haha 1

Midfielder Sidnei Tavares, on the other hand, emerged from the bench to make his top-flight debut for the Club and Rodgers outlined some of the young Portuguese's qualities. 

"He’s only a young player," the 48-year-old continued. "I’ll always look at our young players, but I was pleased with him. He can take the ball, he can pass the ball, he has confidence, and that’s something that, technically, I always look for in players, that they want the ball, which is so important.

"He has a love of the ball, which is great. You can see his physicality, he’s a good size and has good running ability, and it was a good test for him.

"He’s got a bloodied lip in there which is a 'welcome to the Premier League', but he’ll deal with that and get stronger and hopefully he can have a really good Leicester career."

It's an interesting one re-strength. 

With a young player from overseas you sometimes expect that adjustment period where they need to bulk up. But he isn't that is he, he's been here all his youth career.

I'd suggest that, given he's been here for many years, he'll just be someone with a slight build who will have to develop other ways to combat the aggressive nature of the PL at times. 

Wilf isn't exactly muscle man is he! He just uses his incredibly long legs well and fends players off with outstretched arms etc. Hopefully Sidnei can learn a lot from him in that sense.

• Like 1