Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's an interesting one re-strength. 

With a young player from overseas you sometimes expect that adjustment period where they need to bulk up. But he isn't that is he, he's been here all his youth career.

I'd suggest that, given he's been here for many years, he'll just be someone with a slight build who will have to develop other ways to combat the aggressive nature of the PL at times. 

Wilf isn't exactly muscle man is he! He just uses his incredibly long legs well and fends players off with outstretched arms etc. Hopefully Sidnei can learn a lot from him in that sense.

People that age can get a sudden growth spurt and their body bulk can't keep up with the growth 

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Wilf isn't exactly muscle man is he! He just uses his incredibly long legs well and fends players off with outstretched arms etc. Hopefully Sidnei can learn a lot from him in that sense.

Wilf is bloody strong mind. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

People saying he needs to bulk up seem to forget that our 2 best ever midfield players - probably our best ever players in any position - were Mahrez and Kante

Yeah and neither of them were weak. Just because players don't look like Akinbyi doesn't mean they're weak. 

Problem Tavares has got at the moment is that Rodgers still sees him as a last resort so he's getting chucked on as the last roll of the dice when our backs are against the wall. 

It would be nice for him to come in when we're 3-0 up bossing an opponent to build his confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Problem Tavares has got at the moment is that Rodgers still sees him as a last resort so he's getting chucked on as the last roll of the dice when our backs are against the wall. 

It would be nice for him to come in when we're 3-0 up bossing an opponent to build his confidence. 

Got to simply make an impact and make Rodgers start him, it won't be a problem.

5 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Yeah. The problem here is getting 3-0 up against anyone lol

That's the point I'm kind of making. Getting 3-0 up means we've probably got Maddison, Barnes, Perez, Praet etc all fit and he's just going to be down the pecking order again.

To truly develop he's going to have to be given a taster of successful football where he feels valued, perhaps called upon ahead of the aforementioned one time. 

Unless, as Ric Flair says, he grabs his chance in one of these cameos and bulldozers his way in now... 

Edited by Collymore

I think Tavares needs to pipe down a little and stay humble.

I have seen some u23 this season and he looks OK. Im not sure why he believes he needs to move on as he cant get in the first team as a 19 year old.

The likes of Hamza and Barnes went out on loan first and did well and now are part of the first team squad. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall is three years older than Tavares and has only gone out on loan a couple of times and that was last year.

I hope whoever is advising him tells him to sign a new deal and be patient. Maybe a loan next season even if Hamza is sold on. He is absolutely the right club for younger players. We have a proven track record of developing these lads, our facilities are second to none and we have a manager who will give these lads a chance when good enough.

2 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

I think Tavares needs to pipe down a little and stay humble.

I have seen some u23 this season and he looks OK. Im not sure why he believes he needs to move on as he cant get in the first team as a 19 year old.

The likes of Hamza and Barnes went out on loan first and did well and now are part of the first team squad. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall is three years older than Tavares and has only gone out on loan a couple of times and that was last year.

I hope whoever is advising him tells him to sign a new deal and be patient. Maybe a loan next season even if Hamza is sold on. He is absolutely the right club for younger players. We have a proven track record of developing these lads, our facilities are second to none and we have a manager who will give these lads a chance when good enough.

I don't think he's done a lot wrong. If you read his interviews he's given he is very complimentary of Rodgers and the club and hasn't in any way said he wants to leave. We have heard from people in the know that he wouldn't sign a new deal until a) he was given an opportunity in the first team or b) loaned out to a Championship side. Nowt wrong with that, he could stay humble and patient and might be like Chilwell and Barnes and get a loan move when he's 18/19 or he might be treated the same as KDH who didn't get a loan move until he was 21.

Tavares has been training with the 1st team since Rodgers came and he was only 17. Completely bypassed the U23's and I find that fascinating, he either played for the U18's or trained with the 1st team. Again I don't blame him, our U23 team is an absolute abomination for style of football and whatever choices he and the club have made they seem to be back on track and I think he will sign a new deal.

Keep him well away from Beaglehole and he's all set up to have a good career here as Rodgers reiterated again today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he's done a lot wrong. If you read his interviews he's given he is very complimentary of Rodgers and the club and hasn't in any way said he wants to leave. We have heard from people in the know that he wouldn't sign a new deal until a) he was given an opportunity in the first team or b) loaned out to a Championship side. Nowt wrong with that, he could stay humble and patient and might be like Chilwell and Barnes and get a loan move when he's 18/19 or he might be treated the same as KDH who didn't get a loan move until he was 21.

Tavares has been training with the 1st team since Rodgers came and he was only 17. Completely bypassed the U23's and I find that fascinating, he either played for the U18's or trained with the 1st team. Again I don't blame him, our U23 team is an absolute abomination for style of football and whatever choices he and the club have made they seem to be back on track and I think he will sign a new deal.

Keep him well away from Beaglehole and he's all set up to have a good career here as Rodgers reiterated again today.

I remember reading he was disappointed as he was involved in pre-season and then hasn't been involved in the first team. My point is as talented as he is, we have plenty of players in front of him so at 19 he needs to remain patient IMO.

I believe he got a 2 year pro deal initially and has done OK. We seemingly want to keep him so hopefully he signs a deal and works hard to make it into the team over the next couple of seasons.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nailed it there...!   

I too find it intriguing (but not entirely surprising!) that 4 of our brightest young talents (Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, tavares) largely by-passed Beagleholes U23s graveyard....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

It would be nice for him to come in when we're 3-0 up bossing an opponent to build his confidence

Might be waiting a while...

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Because at this moment in time, when all fit, Rodgers in fairness, has far better players to chose from. However good a prospect he is, he's not an imminent young Ronaldo or he'd be playing by now. It's a business and Rodgers aim is to win games, not play football manager experiments in real life. It's a huge leap in reality from U23’s at any club to Premiership football and those that make it without going elsewhere on loan first are few I would suggest. He's had two minor cameo roles and it would be totally unfair to judge him on those but he certainly didn't sparkle as something out of the ordinary and nor would you realistically expect him to be. Rodgers and his team are the best judges and if they decided that the best thing for his development is to drop a division or two for a season to gain experience then that would seem entirely understandable. If however he and his entourage feel that he's ready for first team football at a top 6 club already then you smell trying to hold the club for ransome. In which case bye bye son.

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This. So true 😂

• Haha 1

Get him signed up on a new contract and then get him out on loan.

Rodgers clearly rates him as he’s mentioned quite a few times that he thinks he’ll have a successful Leicester career, now needs regular first team football which I doubt he’ll get with us next season.