Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If he signs a deal here then he risks being a squad filler for a few years whilst he develops. Thomas is a comparable age but I can’t recall many other players of 19/20 given a chance in our first eleven ???

rodgers mentioned his size in his presser 

perhaps he considers Portugal to be a league where his physical stature won’t dictate his opportunities when compared to the prem 

or he signs a deal here on the understanding he replaces Dewsbury-Hall on loan at somewhere like Luton getting to play proper football at a good standard the same way KDH and Barnes have in order to get him ready for our first team

I know the injuries have been a pain the arse, but we have getting fringe players like Choudhury,Thomas and Justin getting first team football and not looking out of place

Justin especially has benefited from the injuries, hopefully now we can add Sid and Vontae to that list, and as a club we will be stronger.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I know the injuries have been a pain the arse, but we have getting fringe players like Choudhury,Thomas and Justin getting first team football and not looking out of place

Justin especially has benefited from the injuries, hopefully now we can add Sid and Vontae to that list, and as a club we will be stronger.

Congratulations....that is possibly the winner of  "The Understatement of the Year" competition! :punk:

far from being out of place, Justin has been a revelation.....absolutely MAGNIFICENT!  Would go so far as to say i cant imagine any team anywhere with 3 better FBs than we have right now (+Thomas).

Justin has played far better this season than TAA or Chilwell from what ive seen and would have been very unlucky not to be in the Euros squad had he not been injured..

• Like 4

Reminds me a lot of Pogba with his languid style and similarly not sure whether his best position is as a 6, 8 or 10. Hope we can keep ahold of him now and loan him to a championship club next season to be another off the same production line as Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury and Thomas. Certainly offers something different to what we currently have in midfield.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Congratulations....that is possibly the winner of  "The Understatement of the Year" competition! :punk:

far from being out of place, Justin has been a revelation.....absolutely MAGNIFICENT!  Would go so far as to say i cant imagine any team anywhere with 3 better FBs than we have right now (+Thomas).

Justin has played far better this season than TAA or Chilwell from what ive seen and would have been very unlucky not to be in the Euros squad had he not been injured..

What do I win :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Reminds me a lot of Pogba with his languid style and similarly not sure whether his best position is as a 6, 8 or 10. Hope we can keep ahold of him now and loan him to a championship club next season to be another off the same production line as Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury and Thomas. Certainly offers something different to what we currently have in midfield.

Bang on

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure what observation you are looking for in respect of the youth team in this situation!!!

Barnes has played in the U23s but not a great deal, he managed to get loans for experience. 

If you watch the Turkish football team, they are quite bullish on the pitch, with a skillset to back it up.

Ünder also has the temperament and belief in himself, slightly arrogant persona and could be difficult to water down that kind of over exuberance. 

We have moved Ricardo to the midfield position, but seem to want to play him narrow,  as opposed to stretching the pitch and effectively wasting him. He is not a winger, he does not think like one but he could be effective wide, if only we kept him there.

Nb.

Not sure why I was posting regarding Ünder in the Tavares thread, got  it wrong!!!

Fair play for leaving this in here...good read but I was so baffled until I got to the end haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Bit of a leap from u23s to an alignment with Pogba just on the grounds of languidity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Closer to Messi IMO

The obvious comparison is with his compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo.

I’m thoroughly expecting their careers to go on similar trajectories ...... unless he goes to Newcastle ..... and then he might just become a shit Jonjo Shelvey.

It really could go either way ... 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Bit of a leap from u23s to an alignment with Pogba just on the grounds of languidity. 

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He was on for 10 minutes and had about 5 touches?

haha behave. I wasn’t suggesting he was at Pogba’s level, just his style of play appears to be similar. And based on 10 minutes and his appearances for the U23’s and YouTube videos etc. Not saying he’s going to be a world beater or our next saviour but he offers something different to our other Midfield options. Surely worth a loan to see if he can make the most of his potential or not. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

haha behave. I wasn’t suggesting he was at Pogba’s level, just his style of play appears to be similar. And based on 10 minutes and his appearances for the U23’s and YouTube videos etc. Not saying he’s going to be a world beater or our next saviour but he offers something different to our other Midfield options. Surely worth a loan to see if he can make the most of his potential or not. 

Ok sorry, I'll try and behave ... by the way, have you seen Snoop Dog, he's pretty languid as well! 🤣🤣

Actually I agree, if they deem him good enough to re-sign a loan sounds good as KDH seems to be benefitting from the experience. We do seem to wait too long on occasions to loan players out though. I don't know whether he and his agent are going to be patient enough though but that's just what I've read on here as I've no knowledge about him to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ok sorry, I'll try and behave ... by the way, have you seen Snoop Dog, he's pretty languid as well! 🤣🤣

Actually I agree, if they deem him good enough to re-sign a loan sounds good as KDH seems to be benefitting from the experience. We do seem to wait too long on occasions to loan players out though. I don't know whether he and his agent are going to be patient enough though but that's just what I've read on here as I've no knowledge about him to be honest. 

Yeh exactly if he’s good enough he needs to go out and prove himself much like Barnes did in the Championship and KDH is now doing winning multiple POTM’s at Luton. I have no idea, but Tavares being included in the squad recently and making his debut yesterday it certainly seems more promising. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd like to see Tavares stay in the squad for the remainder of the season and brought on in games were to the situation allows it.

That way we'll get to see if he's good enough and up to the rigors of the Premiership. He looks to have all the attributes necessary to succeed.

The issue is his contract. If there's no prospect of him signing a new one he should just be put back into the youth teams. No point developing a player for another team.