Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Arsenal Home Pre match Sunday 28th at 12.00 on BT1 @ 11.30am

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Just caught Olly "at the wheel" interview last night.... "we have Chelsea right behind us and we have  city just ahead of us so we can't lose track of the league... Erm, maybe you need to look again.... That pissed me off. 

he could mean that Chelsea are o/s the top 4. he's pointing out that if Chelsea pass them then they could drop out of the top four. if anything its a compliment to us and west ham …. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Just caught Olly "at the wheel" interview last night.... "we have Chelsea right behind us and we have  city just ahead of us so we can't lose track of the league... Erm, maybe you need to look again.... That pissed me off. 

Chill mate, let them forget about little old Leicester city 

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he could mean that Chelsea are o/s the top 4. he's pointing out that if Chelsea pass them then they could drop out of the top four. if anything its a compliment to us and west ham …. 

I doubt it, He means to say two two clubs in between us and Chelsea are shit and will flop. Every one he knows sticks a Sir Alex Ferguson bobble head up his arse before he goes to bed wearing his "super sub" pajama's. 

Edited by Pliskin

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

If we lose or draw this we dont need to panic - our following 3 games are all winnable.

I'm hoping to see a reaction from the lads more than anything, I want to be watching and see a bit of anger and hunger from them, a show of mental strength by coming out at them from the off. 

If I see that I'll be feeling more confident that we've got the mentality to take the fight to the end of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Schmeichel

Castagne evans soyuncu Thomas

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Barnes

Iheanacho Vardy

Probably our best lineup at the moment with maddison in for iheanacho when fit

I agree with this. I think Vardy needs a partner right now, and I’ve always found him and Kel are decent together.

25 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Schmeichel

Castagne evans soyuncu Thomas

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Barnes

Iheanacho Vardy

Probably our best lineup at the moment with maddison in for iheanacho when fit

Iheanacho had some decent games under Puel playing just behind Vardy.

Leicester City press conference live: Brendan Rodgers on Arsenal, injuries, top-four race

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-5049579

Leicester City do not have long to get over their Europa League exit with Arsenal visiting the King Power Stadium in less that 48 hours' time.

While City were knocked out of Europe by Slavia Prague, the Gunners progressed, beating Benfica in their 'home' leg in Greece.

Now they face each other with City 15 points ahead of Mikel Arteta's side in the Premier League table.

On Friday afternoon, Brendan Rodgers will be discussing his side's third-place position and the race for the Champions League places, which now becomes the club's priority.

He will also give an update on the fitness of his side, namely James Maddison and his sore hip, as well as Ayoze Perez and Wesley Fofana, who are expected to be the next players available for City.

Follow updates from the press conference below.

14:25JORDAN BLACKWELL
Vardy getting enough service?
"I think he’s the type of striker that relies on service. We’re looking at Vards in terms of his movement as well and making more runs. He is a player that needs service. When you have players out, the guys that can serve him, that makes it more difficult for him. You saw in that game at Arsenal in the final half-hour he was sensational. He will always disrupt the defenders. We’re still winning and the contribution has to come from the team, not just Jamie."

Tavares?
"You can see in my time here in that it’s one of the fundamentals for me is to give as many opportunities as we can to players from our academy. We’ve seen some of them play. He has great qualities, wonderful view of the game, he covers the ground well. He has a nice touch. He needs to get stronger, but he has potential. I like to give young players the opportunity. He showed he has confidence. He has to keep working hard. It was good to see him out on the field."

Morgan?
"I’m pretty sure we’ll see him at some point. He’s had an ongoing issue with his back. He’s with our medical team and doing very well. Maybe in the next couple of weeks."

Perez?
"We’re seeing how he is over the next few days. He’s had that strain. There’s no timeline. We’re just waiting to see how he reacts. We’ll see how he is next week."

14:24JORDAN BLACKWELL
Praet?
"He’s progressing really well. He’s quite a way down the road in terms of his rehabilitation. We’re hoping in early March he can rejoin. We’re looking at the week beginning the eighth of March."

Fofana?
"He had a hamstring strain. He’s recovering well and has been out on the field. He should rejoin the training group next week."

Saka?
"I love his maturity for such a young guy. He looks a real bright football player. If you’re ideal footballer has the intelligence to play out of multiple positions, he has that. He can adapt to any position he plays. I’ve been really impressed."

City in top six?
"It depends how you define top six. Financially, we don’t sit there. If you’re talking football, we’ve been in there on merit for two seasons. From a football perspective, we’ve been challenging and fighting. Our aim is to have a mentality is to disrupt it. We’ve shown a consistency to challenge that hierarchy. You could see the gap below them and we’ve tried to bridge that gap."

14:23JORDAN BLACKWELL
Players down?
"They won’t be. It’s the environment we’ve created here. One of the key attributes of this group is how we respond. We don’t dwell on disappointment. That’s shown in our results. We have to get ready for the next game. We’ll be focused."

Last night?
"We don’t have the depth of squad that some of the other teams have. We’ve had a lot of injuries this season and the games in the Europa League came at the wrong time. Hopefully we’ll arrive in Europe again and take the next step. We’ll look to respond. The game last night is in the past. We get a recovery in today and look at the tactical idea, then we’re excited by facing Arsenal."

Arteta?
"I think he’s done very well. There is always an expectation and a pressure at a club like Arsenal and in your first job, it can be difficult. He’s coped well with that. They’ve got an outstanding group of players and they will improve the longer he is there."

Two years in charge?
"It’s been thoroughly enjoyable. When you first arrive, it’s about convincing the players to work how you want them to, and then coming up with a winning mentality. It’s flown by. I’m happy with how we’ve worked and I’m excited by the future we have on and off the field."

14:22JORDAN BLACKWELL
Fans back but unfair if it's just for the final game?
"I would agree with that. There’s nothing more that we would want other than fans back and from a social perspective it will be amazing. We’ve gone through the whole season without supporters and I think it would give an advantage to teams who had supporters in for that last game. It’s a conundrum because you want supporters. For the integrity of the competition, I think it should remain as it is and then look ahead with excitement to next season."

14:22JORDAN BLACKWELL
Barnes up front?
"No, I don’t see that. If needs be, he can go up there in a two. It’s a position he can play, but his strength is cutting in from the wing. He’s at his best beating men and getting into the box. It’s a totally different role to play up front, with your back to goal."

14:21JORDAN BLACKWELL
Maddison?
"It’s a very frustrating time. He’s a real catalyst for our team. His consistency has developed. The injury he has is not time driven. He’s got a little issue with his tendon above where he had the operation. We’re hoping he’s back sooner rather than later, but we’ve just got to see how he goes over the next few weeks."

14:21JORDAN BLACKWELL
Injuries?
"We’ve got the same squad available. So James Maddison and Ayo Perez are still not available. They are still out."

14:01JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers has arrived
The City boss has taken his position. Stay tuned for updates.

13:45JORDAN BLACKWELL
Good afternoon!
Hello there and thanks for joining us for this afternoon's press conference.

Brendan Rodgers is due to join us at around 2pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the above 

Injuries?

"We’ve got the same squad available. So James Maddison and Ayo Perez are still not available. They are still out."

Maddison?

"It’s a very frustrating time. He’s a real catalyst for our team. His consistency has developed. The injury he has is not time driven. He’s got a little issue with his tendon above where he had the operation. We’re hoping he’s back sooner rather than later, but we’ve just got to see how he goes over the next few weeks."

Fofana back training on Monday and looks like Dennis will start training on 8th March, probably a couple weeks after that before match selection. 

Feel Madders will be around this time too.

Just got to try and get a few results until we get everyone back.