Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield United 5-0 Post Match Thread

So many positives today!   Vardy, Nacho and Perez deserves all of plaudits but others deserved a shout out as well.   Ndidi was back at his best positionally and kept making himself available for our centre backs-  he is also picking up assists as well and linked up well with Nacho even before his third.    Albrighton had a good game when he came on hopefully he is playing himself into form once again.   Evans gave our back line lot more stability and his ball to Ndidi just before Nacho’s hat trick was unreal and perfect to a tee.    I thought Fofana, Cags and Timmy all had a good game as well with a great mixture of pressing,  aggression and interceptions as well.  Tielemans was his usual influential self as well-  I absolutely love his hunger for the ball and to control the match.

I also really liked how Vardy and Nacho’s partnership are flourishing beyond their goals-  I have been noticing that they have been giving each other thumbs up and encouraging nods for few matches now which is an important confidence booster for Nacho I believe.  

Today was literally one of these games where we had all rub of green from our players’ performances to how the second balls’  bounce always favoured us.    Make most of it folks!

• Like 1

Slow-ish first thirty minutes then we just shifted gears and blew them away. Outstanding performance. Vardy and Nacho's partnership is lethal. Perez gets on the scoreboard. We even managed to make our corners look dangerous. Pretty perfect performance. Got a week to set for ManU which we should make a run at then a break before WH. 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I realise the counter to this argument is 'yeah but Sheffield United', however, the formation worked much better, and was enjoyable to watch. Having Perez there and being much better/stronger doesn't half make a difference.

Perez in the hole was PERFECT.

Pre-game, I was concerned he and Nacho would crowd each other out, but it turn out superbly! MORE please! 

1 minute ago, Hales said:

I think it shows the team needed that week off to rest and recover and actually train properly. They were fresher and so much more confident and comfortable. Brilliant!

I wasn’t concerned when we got knocked out the EL, just felt we needed the rest as they were all running low. Excellent to see us playing with energy again 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I realise the counter to this argument is 'yeah but Sheffield United', however, the formation worked much better, and was enjoyable to watch. Having Perez there and being much better/stronger doesn't half make a difference.

I wouldn't have that though, you look back over their results and they really haven't been thumped that often, 4-1 vs Chelsea and two 3-0's vs Saints and West Ham being their biggest defeats of the season before today.  You can argue that confidence might be drained following Wilder's departure which may have affected the result but if so we ruthlessly took advantage of it barring Vardy's uncharacteristic finishing.

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know the match thread isn't usually known for its balanced and sensible content but it really outdone itself today. Some of the comments regarding Vardy were utterly bonkers. 

Yes, he missed a couple of really good chances but that's as good a performance you'll ever see from a striker without them actually scoring. 

2 assists, a forced OG, stretched them and moved them about all day. Kept the ball well, great link up and pressed and chased until the last whistle. He was phenomenal today. 

You could tell how much he wanted it today. Best we've seen him play for a while that's for sure. Was pure class!

• Like 2

Anybody missing a midweek tilt against Rangers? 7 points from 9 since the Slavia defeat. An unlikely haul had we had to play an extra couple of games against the Scottish Champions. Our club is looking beyond the Europa League. Well rested, brimming with confidence - bring on Man U in the FA Cup!

• Like 1

Very poor opposition but everything very satisfactory, Not a bad player for LCFC. can't give then all 8 or 9 but Should have had a great pleasure to give Perez a decent mark for the first time for me, Iheanacho superb and the hardest I've seen him  working, Vardy much better although should have had a couple but played very well. Pereira and Soyuncu will have better games but both ok and Ricky slowly getting back to his best.

Missed at least 3 easier ones than the 5 scored but who is complaining. Confidence from that should enable us to lift a bit more which should give us a good chance of a cup semifinal.

Just to all those who replied about Vardy - the thing is he was asking to get subbed off at one point before a corner.  It was relatively early in the 2nd half too, before he set up the 3rd goal.  So when I see Vardy hobbling, then signaling he wants off - I'm not sure I trust the team to decide on his behalf it's not serious enough, especially considering our recent past.  

It all comes down to the fact that it just wasn't necessary.  I have to say I'm fascinated by the concept of a "niggle" - that's completely foreign to me as somebody from the US.  If you spend most of the 2nd half hobbling around in 3 out of every 4 games you play, it's not a "niggle" - whatever that is supposed to mean.  

GO FOXES!

15 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know the match thread isn't usually known for its balanced and sensible content but it really outdone itself today. Some of the comments regarding Vardy were utterly bonkers. 

Yes, he missed a couple of really good chances but that's as good a performance you'll ever see from a striker without them actually scoring. 

2 assists, a forced OG, stretched them and moved them about all day. Kept the ball well, great link up and pressed and chased until the last whistle. He was phenomenal today. 

Hear hear!

It’s a team game, and if you have someone on your team playing like that every game, you are going to win a lot of games. Borderline unplayable today. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I wasn’t concerned when we got knocked out the EL, just felt we needed the rest as they were all running low. Excellent to see us playing with energy again 

i quite agree. However, there would have been a rest anyway as the week without a game would have been next week.

2 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Anybody missing a midweek tilt against Rangers? 7 points from 9 since the Slavia defeat. An unlikely haul had we had to play an extra couple of games against the Scottish Champions. Our club is looking beyond the Europa League. Well rested, brimming with confidence - bring on Man U in the FA Cup!

Don't won't to start a argument, but l would have been happy still to be in Europe, but yes it was noticeably how fresh the players were, but you might have the same problem next season!