Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield United 5-0 Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Team looked much fresher after the week off, still going strong towards the end with the game won.

Yes, this is crucial I think, and maybe directs planning in terms of personnel/training for next season. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Rght - that's exactly what I was afraid of / thinking.  We've done absolutely nothing to get any kind of benefit of the doubt when it comes to handling injuries the past couple years.  To see Vardy out there hobbling around for 30 or so minutes - when it was 100% not necessary to get a result - is really poor.  Sorry, I wish I could ignore it, but I'm surprised others aren't more up in arms about it.  We're OK with Vardy out for the year because he really deserves a goal?  Not me...

Again, I know this is going to come off has negative after an absolutely baller performance (still thinking about Fofana's defensive header on their free kick which led to our 2nd), but I can't see that happening in real time and not think WTF are we doing.

I think if Jamie was really injured, he would have been pulled.

These nigglies will happen, but we have 7 days before the next game and the international break thereafter.

Absolute liquid football some of that! Buzzing for Iheanacho, if the guy starts regullary he will score theres no doubt about that! Only thing that could of topped today off was a Vardy goal. Ayoze Perez was class and probably had his best game since hes been here, the guy is so much better played centrally behind the striker in the 10 role and not being shoehorned onto the wing in a role that doesnt suit him. 

12 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Perez fantastic

Nacho obviously fantastic

I hate to bring up anything negative after that - but I struggle to see how/why Vardy wasn't taken off at 4-0 at least.  He was hobbling most of the 2nd half after slipping on his chance right in front.  I just don't get what the point is...

I see your point but we've only 1 game in next 3 weeks so plenty of recovery time.

Hope Brendan can play more with 2 strikers! Nacho is so much better as part of a front two compared to being a lone striker. Perez also combined with them very well - Perez so much more at home in that role behind the two strikers.

The only thing is our wings were pretty ineffective today. Still some questions with a back 3 with wing backs.

Edited by Tom12345

Dominated from the off could/ should have been 3 up at half time, what a second half though, upped the tempo played some lovely football and scored sublime goals.

Vards Nacho and Perez worked a treat, Nacho deserved MOTM , I think everyone knew he was talented, looks to be gaining confidence and looking extremely accomplished player just at the right time of the season.

A day to be extremely happy as a Foxes fan.

Edited by The Guvnor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You can only play against what's in front of you.

We all know Utd have been relegation fodder since the turn of year but they still need beating and it was good to see that we can be ruthless for once.

Very true and we still handed them their heaviest defeat of the season

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Piss.

I owe @peach0000 an apology. Kelch is really starting to take his opportunity. So happy for him. 

I can't even remember what you're referring to lol

I know I've defended Kelechi a lot on here in the past so I'm just pleased he's finally getting a chance to show his quality. 

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 2