Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mazarron fox

Envy of others

As a side note to this Leicester played Portsmouth in the play offs at city ground  years later my boss let me ‘ buy ‘ the box for £100 I think we must have been having the new Carling stand built. The ground was packed with city fans Joachim scored from the half way line and I was told I could never use the box again as we were all drunken animals 😂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've worked at the same large, revolving-door media company in London for over a decade. I've only ever met one fellow Leicester supporting colleague in that time.

When I joined it wasn't long since we emerged from League One, so I used to always add a quip after replying to the question. Something along the lines of "yes, I am he... THE Leicester supporter", or "I'm a sadomasochist. I love to be punished.", and they'd usually lose interest.

During the title charge, everything changed. I had a mini kit pinned to my desk, and it was all anyone with any interest in football would talk about if they spotted it (plus being the only City supporter, I got some INCREDIBLE access - I suppose they thought it wouldn't last!)

Now, being surrounded by largely Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal supporters, they genuinely see Leicester as a rival. Whenever they face us, it's always a "big game" or a point of discussion. One Spurs season ticket holder who sits behind me is in awe of how far we've come and highly envious of our transfer dealings.

How times have changed, man.

I call bull****. What you've described is a decent sounding Spurs fan. Pretty sure they're as real as unicorns and leprechauns... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

We really are what every (non big 6 ) club hopes for. 

Just look at wolves, Southampton and ourselves we all fell to league 1 and have ended up here stronger than we’ve been before. Must give so much hope to a club like Sunderland or Ipswich that they can one day return 

Remember when I was a young lad in the school playground playing footy and most of the kids would want to emulate their Villa,Liverpool or Forest heroes it was the late 70s I was looked upon as if their was something wrong with me because I wanted to be Leicester I have a feeling things may have changed a bit nowadays ..

Yeah I constantly get asked if I’m a glory supporter, I always use the example of going to Sixfields to watch us win 2-1 in league one when if memory serves me correctly a certain Mike Dean was ref!

I grew up in a predominantly Villa town so at school Leicester may as well have been Oadby for how they were seen by the almighty Villa fans. I even remember starting my first real job in 2008 and the gaffer was a Cov fan who laughed when I said who I supported. Oh how the tables have turned!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Desabafar said:

I saw Newcastle''s training ground the other week. They might as well train at Victoria Park, that's how terrible their training pitch looks like. If we get the stadium expansion done, we're gonna be on a completely different level to Newcastle, nevermind clubs like Notts Forest and other similar Championship fodder.

20210323_205547.jpg.6aff33ad7e1eb56fed48bce8647265bb.jpg

Edited by Koke

51 minutes ago, EastNeukFox said:

It’s not quantity that counts, ..but quality!

Ah’m just up the road from you!!

Where abouts? 

Edit. Gourock? You're basically in my garden shed. I lived in greenock most of my life, Largs now though. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just for reference, they're called NOTTS Forest   :thumbup:

I’ve even conditioned my non football supporting wife to call them that. She has actually called them that to the faces of two random Florist fans we’ve met on a holiday and at an event and she’s still not worked out why I was pi**ing myself.

51 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Where abouts? 

Edit. Gourock? You're basically in my garden shed. I lived in greenock most of my life, Largs now though. 

Greenock > Largs, that’s like going from League One to the Premier League! :thumbup:

• Haha 1

In my school in the mid-late 80s on the Notts / Leics border every kid was either Forest or Liverpool, I think there were 2 Leicester supporters in the year and the other one was a tit which didn’t help reduce the shit I got.

I recall cutting out and keeping a back page article when we beat Forest and wee beginning to get parity (I think it was Oakes who scored, could be wrong though).

I now live up near Liverpool and whenever anyone asks me who I support they always follow up with “why” so I tell them and the response is always the same “fair enough, thought you were a glory seeker” makes me feel quite proud.

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Can anyone remember back to the early 90s when you'd see people wearing Blackburn shirts in the streets of Leicester?

Not so common now.

lol

actually yes I do haha

i wonder if there are some random Leicester city shirts walking around the  North right now..

In my school in the mid-late 80s on the Notts / Leics border every kid was either Forest or Liverpool, I think there were 2 Leicester supporters in the year and admittedly I was a bit of a tit but

the other one was the biggest tit you could ever meet which didn’t help reduce the shit I got.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

I saw Newcastle''s training ground the other week. They might as well train at Victoria Park, that's how terrible their training pitch looks like. If we get the stadium expansion done, we're gonna be on a completely different level to Newcastle, nevermind clubs like Notts Forest and other similar Championship fodder.

20210323_205547.jpg.6aff33ad7e1eb56fed48bce8647265bb.jpg

My word. They're such a sizeable club too. That's got to be an unflattering picture.