Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Take accountability yes, but do you honestly think you can completely change your behaviour without some sort of support? There’s a reason why weight watchers and AA are so successful, it’s because it’s part of a community. This is the age of the individual and we’re destroying ourselves because of it. 

You definitely can, I'm not denying support makes it a lot easier. But as you've said these communities are highly popular and easily accessible, there's no real excuse to not get involved. Or even if you were to go alone, there's so much information out there to help someone lose weight and get back on track. I think your head is in the right place, but these people don't want to be helped.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61061230

Macron v Le Pen in the run-off it is, then.

"Votez pour l'escroc, pas pour le facho" once again, anyone?

I don't know if Macron actually qualifies as the former, but he is certainly a bit of a twat.  Still better than the alternative.  It is a worry that Le Pen has done such a good job of shifting into the center.

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

So just catching up. 

Sunak has called for an enquiry into someone exposing his Wife as a tax dodger?!? Nothing like digging yourself a hole. 

Non Dom status is not tax dodging.  It recognizes that international business people pay tax in different jurisdictions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Non Dom status is not tax dodging.  It recognizes that international business people pay tax in different jurisdictions.

To a degree, it’s still tax avoidance.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61061230

Macron v Le Pen in the run-off it is, then.

"Votez pour l'escroc, pas pour le facho" once again, anyone?

France gives itself the same question again.

Round 1 with the heart, round 2 with the head.  Or, looked at another way, round 2 becomes for many people about who you least don't want. Still, it's a system. Everyone knows the rules.

Melenchon's result was good though a shame it amounts to squat. One for the regionals.

My neighbouring commune voted Le Pen 1st, Mélenchon 2nd. There must be some interesting conversations there.

• Like 2

Just now, frakenfox said:

France gives itself the same question again.

Round 1 with the heart, round 2 with the head.  Or, looked at another way, round 2 becomes for many people about who you least don't want. Still, it's a system. Everyone knows the rules.

Melenchon's result was good though a shame it amounts to squat. One for the regionals.

My neighbouring commune voted Le Pen 1st, Mélenchon 2nd. There must be some interesting conversations there.

Economically not too far apart to be fair. Morally, there’s quite the distance lol. 

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Economically not too far apart to be fair. Morally, there’s quite the distance lol. 

Indeed, and as it's the economic argument that Le Pen has been focusing on (to good effect) then it's praps understandable they're considered not too far apart. It's the side dish that comes with it though; fascism or militantism

10 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

And true to form, the right honourable Crispin Blunt MP is “appalled and distraught” at the conviction.

Noticed he's been "realigned" overnight.

• Like 1

BBC News - Johnson and Sunak to be fined over lockdown parties
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402

Surely has to go then. He stood in HOP and said he wasn't aware of the parties and that he never attended, then that he saw the gatherings but thought it was a work event and all rules were kept to. Now he's being fined for breaking said rules.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

BBC News - Johnson and Sunak to be fined over lockdown parties
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402

Surely has to go then. He stood in HOP and said he wasn't aware of the parties and that he never attended, then that he saw the gatherings but thought it was a work event and all rules were kept to. Now he's being fined for breaking said rules.

He won’t go, he’ll attempt to sweep it under the carpet but I think he’s probably done for if he goes into the next election. 

Just now, Lionator said:

He won’t go, he’ll attempt to sweep it under the carpet but I think he’s probably done for if he goes into the next election. 

Of course he won't. 

He lied to parliament, and unless I'm mistaken under the ministerial code a minister, even a PM, must resign if they are caught doing that. He'll find a way to worm out of it.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Of course he won't. 

He lied to parliament, and unless I'm mistaken under the ministerial code a minister, even a PM, must resign if they are caught doing that. He'll find a way to worm out of it.

Even the spirit of that rule went out the window ages ago

• Like 3