Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

So what's the next idea then? 

I'm going for the 2 wildcard places in the revamped champions League to be offered to a team from the US and Asia.

Well done on fans of those clubs because in the end they are ones who clubs will be forced to listen too. And good on the likes of Gary Neville to set a momentum that people followed. Some fans will decide their opinion based on the general consensus so it was important to get it in the media instantly how shit it was. 

Many of the clubs have come out and said they joined the European Super League to ensure the financial sustainability of their clubs.

If you had run the clubs properly, like normal businesses have to, you wouldn’t be in such financial trouble.

By signing up to the ESL, the first thing that would happen is the players and their agents would suddenly demand even more money, therefore perpetuating the financial misery of football.

We need a complete overhaul of football. There are far too many people making far too much money from the game, and it is ALL coming from the fans pockets.  WE pay player wages.  The sponsors and Sky don’t, we do as we pay for Sky subscriptions, we buy the Chevrolet cars, we buy flights on Emirates airlines, etc.

We need to bring in wage caps where wages can only be x% of turnover.

We need to ban football agents, or at the very least have them properly regulated.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ugh.  Go on then, I'm pleased that one of the owners have finally fronted up about this so at least it's a start.  Main gripe remains though that even during that video, he constantly referred to having the best interests of the club at the heart of this decision.  The problem John, if you're a FT reader, is that you're putting the financial interests of the club (aka your wallet) above that of the entire history and future of the sport.  That video suggests that you still don't seem to understand that.  My impression is that I actually do think he understands that, as he's obviously not daft, but that you simply do not care.

The PR damage limitation wheels are firmly in motion.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

The Liverpool fans pushed out their previous American owners for far less, I wonder if they will stick to their guns and do the same? I have a feeling they won't.

No chance, didn't you hear the kindly old gentleman??? He is sorry.

• Haha 1

Not over in my opinion.

A fine (that goes to the lower leagues) and something like 20pts deduction for next season. They need to be held accountable.

Not the players or fans fault if a club goes into administration either but they get points deduction for that. There needs to be some form of punishment. Simply apologising isn’t good enough, they’ll only try something like this again one day.

8 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

I cant see our owners EVER having to apologise for a decision they have made as they always seem to consider all involved in the club from top to bottom.

The only kind of backlash that springs to mind was when Vichai said to respect his decision on Ranieri's sacking as he'll never let the club down :cry:. And the abuse on his account meant he had to close it 

That said it was fuelled by the media and keyboard warriors. Leicester fans knew it was the right thing to do deep down

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No chance, didn't you hear the kindly old gentleman??? He is sorry.

You can't help but laugh! Jesus ****ing christ the state of people in the world today.

Once again I feel so lucky support Leicester City. If we had owners like the scumbag 6, I'd honestly be done with both football and the club. I really hope we continue in the way we are going and keep our values. We may or may not win more trophies but what makes me the most happy right now is that I feel that of all the Premier League teams, we have the best connection between fans and owners. When I am on the terraces I still feel that I own a piece of this club, as misguided as those thoughts may be. I hope that never changes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oswinner said:

Not over in my opinion.

A fine (that goes to the lower leagues) and something like 20pts deduction for next season. They need to be held accountable.

Not the players or fans fault if a club goes into administration either but they get points deduction for that. There needs to be some form of punishment. Simply apologising isn’t good enough, they’ll only try something like this again one day.

UEFA could happily ban those clubs from their competition for one season but I doubt they want to see the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Leeds and Villa all in it together at the same time.

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Liverpool fans pushed out their previous American owners for far less, I wonder if they will stick to their guns and do the same? I have a feeling they won't.

Liverpudlians are renowned for sticking to their word, believe me, I'm married to one.

If I said I'd put a shelf up, there is no waiting 6 months for parts... it's going up that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shen said:

At least not 'vociferously against it'. Could also hint at Cavani, Martial, Rashford (unlikely surely), Fred...

There will be players at all those top clubs and probably some at others who wouldn't give a shit if it happened if it meant big contracts and exposure. 100% IMO. 

• Like 2

I thought the comments from SGE yesterday were quite sharp as well. Pointing out that it was a similar group of clubs that pushed Johansson and UEFA to expand the Champions League to include 2-4th teams, which might well have prevented a similar push for a Super League back then. This will happen again unless very drastic measures are taken, which I do not see happening as it will basically impede with free market and legal structures.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brucey said:

image.thumb.png.0dc38859ff9e3a1b8ee2039f39f648c1.png

I wouldn't believe any of this. They've got a huge PR job on their hands making it seem their clubs still have some redeemable features. Players and staff rallying to a cause is perfect image for that, gives the club a good look and it's another layer for the owners to play on and "warm up to" themselves.

Top end players at these clubs would benefit from being at richer, elite Clubs. Only when it fell apart and was unfeasible there was no point backing it

• Like 1