Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This needs more attention, because many speculated the Super League was intended purely to push this actual agenda instead. We might qualify for the Champions League next season, but even if we do, we cannot just become one of the scumbag clubs that just tried to steal football. Appearances for teams that did not qualify properly but for historical reasons is bullshit of the highest order. Football is for everyone, not the privileged few.

People are giving these clowns too much credit. This was not a cynical ploy to get the UEFA reforms through. The 'dirty dozen' just wanted more, it was greed. Simple as that. 

It would be nice to know (but probably not actually traceable) if anyone/any organization made big profits on football club stock during the last 48 hours.

There was definitely a short-term bump in the Man Utd stock price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

People are giving these clowns too much credit. This was not a cynical ploy to get the UEFA reforms through. The 'dirty dozen' just wanted more, it was greed. Simple as that. 

If the owners aren't kicked out or the 6 aren't punished (properly) then we will know this is true.

Talk in the Spanish press (Mundo Deportivo) that Uefa have paid the English clubs off to get them to withdraw. Also staying they didn't offer the Spanish clubs the deal as Uefa believe they are to blame for the super league. To be honest this is the only thing that makes sense. They withdrew because someone offered them even more money!

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

Talk in the Spanish press (Mundo Deportivo) that Uefa have paid the English clubs off to get them to withdraw. Also staying they didn't offer the Spanish clubs the deal as Uefa believe they are to blame for the super league. To be honest this is the only thing that makes sense. They withdrew because someone offered them even more money!

Knew something fishy happened Tottenham have way too much debt to have withdraw so easily.

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Knew something fishy happened Tottenham have way too much debt to have withdraw so easily.

It's being widely shared on twitter. The Spanish newspaper are calling it "a crazy amount of money". It's just all so sleazy.

Edited by peach0000

It actually sickens me that these 6 Cvnts are still going to get something out of it because we all know that UEFA will do all they can to appease them with the CL reform. Without a doubt. 

I would also be extremely surprised if the FA issue any sort of punishment. 

Yes, they quickly bottled it but they also had both UEFA and the FA's arse twitching like a rabbits nose and they will both pull these clubs closer to there teets. 

• Like 2

Has there been any word out on whether the 14 PL clubs that met today discussed what punishment, if any, to give to these clubs? I presume it's something they'd have to vote on for that 'majority' required so wonder if it was spoken about today...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This needs more attention, because many speculated the Super League was intended purely to push this actual agenda instead. We might qualify for the Champions League next season, but even if we do, we cannot just become one of the scumbag clubs that just tried to steal football. Appearances for teams that did not qualify properly but for historical reasons is bullshit of the highest order. Football is for everyone, not the privileged few.

Exactly, it’s not like the “Swiss model” was good option any way. Before the super greedy decided to hit the red button, this is still a shocking decision that still ultimately affects domestic leagues and is another step to

the dreaded super league. UEFA need to be held accountable too. Why is it so hard just to not have a knockout tournament of the best teams? (apart from the money). People need to strike now while the iron is hot.

• Like 2

After we win the FA cup I'm out of here (I wish that was true). I'm going to watch non league football, and have a good time. I might even be able to have a piss and get a pint at half time and still get back in time for a bit of chat before the second half starts.

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I enjoy something different I think. I've probably never seen a better goal than Muzzy Izzet's against Grimsby. The joy I get from football has very little to do with the status of the clubs my team is playing against.

No it’s never about the status of the opposition, but the quality of players. It’s been a privilege seeing some top players play.

23 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

This is starting next season so it's already a long way down the road for them. This has been in the planning for a long time. It's also why it'll go ahead no matter how much outrage is caused. The Glazers aren't going to come out and say "My bad, didn't realize you'd feel like this, we're taking it back.". Nah, this is happening. It's how everybody (including the FA) responds and acts that matters now. Docking them 20+ points or even kicking them out of all comps doesn't really matter (it's why they should definitely do it anyway). Because next season they'll be in the SL. It'll have no real lasting effect on them. They have effectively wiped this season. Of all seasons, just reveals what utter scum they are. It's so nice for people to get a glimpse of their true faces. Like Amazon exploiting its workers in a pandemic while their profits has shot through the roof. 

Whether the FA even does anything will be questionable. They're a terribly run organization and have repeatedly shown they're ONLY interested in money and appeasing these big clubs. If the big clubs decide to call their bluffs the FA will eat cr*p and back down. We have to not only address what this means regarding the big six but also the fundamental issues within the organizing bodies that has led us here. Because they have led us here. They are culpable in this situation and have to also pay for it. 

The fA and especially Uefa have no option but to ban these teams from any and all competitions they run.  No one really wins thid but the ruling bodies must stand firm and be bigger than any team. Let's see what the players do when cinfronted with expulsions from all official games and tournaments. Ask the players will have to sign be esl contracts as well as the teams as will  coaches etc 

This as i said in earlier posts was not and could not happen as long as the official leagues Fifa and uefa were prepared to take the actions that banned all that were prepared to create the ESL.

Now it is time to force all these owners to resign and then sell their stakes in all 12 clubs. They are not welcome in their leagues or even at their own clubs for ever. Fans will never excuse them for this treachery.  Man Utd shares collapsed last night in this news. The Glazers must be the first to get out.