Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Just now, Mullet1 said:

Any news on the rest of them? Madrid etc 

Just goes to show how full of crap they were, if they genuinely believed it was for the good of the game and financial improvements all across the pyramid they would not have sacked it off after less than 48 hours

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have been entertained by some top performers over the years... Berkamp wowed me, Tierry Henry mesmerized me. Some amazing wingers, Ronaldo on another lvl and the thought of never having seen the top of the top play my Leicester City again was leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

How can you be proud at winning the Premier league if you haven’t even beaten the ‘big six’ teams of the country?

Totally agree. 

These teams have brought superstars to play Leicester over the years, to compete, on a level.

Dalglish. Hoddle. Beckham and Giggs  Klinsmann. Henry and Bergkamp. De Bruyne. Vialli and Zola. I could go on. 

• Thanks 1

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “We regret the anxiety and upset caused by the ESL proposal. We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid.

“We believe that we should never stand still and that the sport should constantly review competitions and governance to ensure the game we all love continues to evolve and excite fans around the world.

“We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions.”

Twat!

Edited by MrSpaM

The inner conspircay theorist within me thinks this was planned out to be this way.

Why only cancel after 48 hours?

Why would the American owners back down so quickly?

Why would Sky pundits come out against the super league when Sky has been screwing fans for ages and they would stand to benefit from the super league?

Why not annouce it once the season has finished?

Looking at the stock prices of the clubs after the ESL announcement I can only begin to think that some sort of fraud has gone on something possibly deeper than football.

Could it be they just wanted to force through the UCL reforms but even then they were announced prior to the ESL without much protest so I doubt that.

This seems very off. I doubt the official reasoning heavily.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not sure I can see the Spanish sides backing down. They are all on the verge of bankruptcy and can't afford not to have the super league. I reckon they'll be going on a sleazy tour of the world to find teams they see as worthy to join them. 

Atletico Madrid v North Pole Rovers, Monday at 4am, live on Discovery.

• Haha 3