Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Just now, Fightforever said:

The inner conspircay theorist within me thinks this was planned out to be this way.

Why only cancel after 48 hours?

Why would the American owners back down so quickly?

Why would Sky pundits come out against the super league when Sky has been screwing fans for ages and they would stand to benefit from the super league?

Why not annouce it once the season has finished?

Looking at the stock prices of the clubs after the ESL announcement I can only begin to think that some sort of fraud has gone on something possibly deeper than football.

Could it be they just wanted to force through the UCL reforms but even then they were announced prior to the ESL without much protest so I doubt that.

This seems very off. I doubt the official reasoning heavily.

UCL reforms is my suspicions. This could well have been planned to distract from the horrible, anti competitive reforms by UEFA.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Problem is they all have to pay a 200 million fine to the Real Madrid president which bails Real Madrid out of their debts

I don't see how this is in any way enforceable. 

As others have said today. If they refuse, so what? What's the punishment? They're kicked out of the super league? 

Oh no. 

• Haha 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

UCL reforms is my suspicions. This could well have been planned to distract from the horrible, anti competitive reforms by UEFA.

But even then those refroms were already going through with little protest. I reckon it goes a lot deeper. But we should have the answers in 20 to 30 years time. 

Me - "I sincerely apologise for being involved in facilitating engaging myself in initial proposals for a project working towards the strategy of attempting to break into a bank"

Officer - "No, you're in the safe holding a gun to the head of the cashier, stop talking b******s"

• Haha 2

Just now, Fightforever said:

But even then those refroms were already going through with little protest. I reckon it goes a lot deeper. But we should have the answers in 20 to 30 years time. 

Must be some sort of financial penalty if the clubs had signed contracts and then renegade on those contracts

Those statements release tonight are some of the biggest horseshit published in the history of the internet. No apologies - just faceless business babble. They’ve still won with this nonsense CL reform. Seriously when everything is back I don’t think I will visit their stadiums again with their current owners in charge - only Spurs would be annoying and I’d feel like I’m missing out cos of the new stadium 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Those statements release tonight are some of the biggest horseshit published in the history of the internet. No apologies - just faceless business babble. They’ve still won with this nonsense CL reform. Seriously when everything is back I don’t think I will visit their stadiums again with their current owners in charge - only Spurs would be annoying and I’d feel like I’m missing out cos of the new stadium 

Arsenal apologised 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

But clubs still have to qualify. Even if a club doesn’t go very far, they’ve earned the right to be there, and the financial rewards it brings

2 spots will go clubs based on their European performances in the last five years (with the caveat they have to been in a qualifying spot for the CL, a Europe Lwague or Conference League spot 

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Its interesting because they mentioned that two of the clubs didn't know what they were getting into so maybe this was the original plan touted to most of the clubs with the ringleaders having something more sinister in mind.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Arsenal apologised 

And yet this is the first two paragraphs of the statement 

The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

’We needed no reminding of this’ - so why the **** are you here 48 hours later, issue an apology Arsenal you fcuking numb nuts ?

Man City were first out because their owners are so disgustingly rich (I don't think they are very nice people) they can do what they want. They may have realised, a little late in the game, that their strategy of cleaning their money and image through football might be under threat. 

I hope (rather than expect) UEFA and the FA to take this opportunity to deliver a more equitable distribution of TV money and other earnings that encourages greater competition, introduce more regulation and ensure fans have a greater say, moving towards the German model of 50 plus 1 fan ownership. That will deliver better outcomes rather than punishing the 'big six'.

There is a rare opportunity to reform given how fans have responded, but I doubt the Government will stick with this. Boris Johnson is a hypocrite, having lobbied on behalf of Saudi Arabia to take over Newcastle United and praised the PR firm that promoted the ESL. They just said the right things to keep their new 'Red Wall' voters and it was a no-brainer to be against this given the public outcry. 

The ESL was grotesque, but the new reforms to European competitions are not ideal as well. I like the idea of more matches but the proposal that two teams get into their flagship competition based on historical performance is unjustified. 

Yes, the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona have huge debts but disappointingly, they'll be fine. There is far more latitude for football clubs than other organisations when it comes to collecting debts. Their brands are so huge, it might mean a couple of years where they struggle as they look to reduce wages/transfer fees but they'll be back strong. 

• Like 1

I'd rather be in the top four as it should guarantee we get to keep the likes of Tielemans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Ndidi who I love watching play for Leicester than any major desire to be amongst these clubs. The first Champions League appearance was a glorious, new experience.

After all this, I really can leave it.