Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

To be fair it seems they know as much as the general public know about it, also they have to be careful what they say in public tho as at the end of the day it’s their employers they are talking about, they could be raging inside but still have to appear fairly diplomatic and professional to everyone else 

Exactly. That's how it sounds. The comments so far from the managers have been the same sort of thing so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

not just meals. Go on lad 

I know it's a bit greedy of me and a lot of pressure to put on one kid but if he really wants to be the people's champion, he'd be the first proper domino to fall by formally stating he'd refuse to play in the competition. 

As soon as one of them breaks rank and puts it in no uncertain terms, I genuinely think enough of the others will that it would torpedo the thing entirely. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

not just meals. Go on lad 

This is huge for Manchester United. 

From a player's perspective, Rashford's influence is arguably bigger than anyone else's in the English game. United fans adore him. He's a progressive, forward thinking young man with a lot of clout. 

Given that United seem to be spearheading this whole venture, this will damage the owners plans immeasurably. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You can't create a law that only apply to certain people. You can't make it illegal for Man U to stage football matches without making it illegal for everyone else. This isn't China, the govt can't act in arbitrary ways. 

Too much of this debate is based on wishful thinking. These billionaires wouldn't go into this without checking out all the legal possibilities. 

They can pass private bills as well as public bills.

“Private Bills only change the law as
it applies to specific individuals or organisations, rather than the general public. Private Bills are promoted from time-to-time by organisations, like local authorities or private companies, to give themselves powers beyond, or in conflict with, the general law.”

1 minute ago, bovril said:

What more did we really expect....

People are fuming that they haven't come out and said what points they will be deducted for this season.

This will be announced later on.

I reckon if they don't back down by Friday then boom

Edited by Fox85

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's a bit greedy of me and a lot of pressure to put on one kid but if he really wants to be the people's champion, he'd be the first proper domino to fall by formally stating he'd refuse to play in the competition. 

As soon as one of them breaks rank and puts it in no uncertain terms, I genuinely think enough of the others will that it would torpedo the thing entirely. 

We need a Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, KDB to break ranks as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Is it only me who finds this completely underwhelming? 

I know this is far from a simple issue - and will take time to resolve - but it's not particularly strongly-worded, nor does it condemn directly the action of the clubs in question and it smacks of indecision. 

Come on, Premier League. Now is the time to prove you're more than a conduit for these fvcking arseholes' cashflows. Hit them hard.

Edited by RoboFox

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Were you expecting much else? This is a legal mine field over what can and can't be done. Publicly all they can do is denounce it until they know exactly what they can do. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naaa, being far more clever than the Perez. Why immediately show your hand? 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

What more did we really expect....

You're all probably right, it's the fact he stated the length of the meeting and then follows it with a couple of paragraphs saying what has already been said lol

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Is it only me who finds this completely underwhelming? 

I know this is far from a simple issue, and will take time to resolve, but it's not particularly strongly-worded. Nor does it condemn directly the action of the clubs in question and TBH it smacks of indecision. 

Come on, Premier League. Now is the time to prove you're more than a conduit for these fvcking arseholes' cashflows. Hit them hard.

Wise to not say too much, check legality. Discuss what happens if you chuck them out etc. Clubs need to protect short terms futures also. 

• Like 1

Just now, Long Eaton Fox said:

This might sound bizarre but has Mourinho left spurs because he disagreed with their decision to enter this new league. He does have principles after all, like them or not, and may not have wanted to qualify for europe via the sneaky back door?

Nah he's shit. He'd have been on TV saying it was that already if it was.