Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It's Newcastle. They are 19th for a reason, and that reason is they are crap. Even with half our squad out injured we're still better. They're at least three seasons of the best recruitment in footballing history behind us, no matter how much money they've got to spend. If Rodgers went there, he'd be sacked before they reach our level. 

And if he’s sacked he’d be a rich man for it.   Within 3 years they’ll be competing at the top end of the League, just like Man City were after their take over. These middle eastern owners dont mess around, for them money is no object as they want to out compete one another. Even if Rodgers doesnt go to Newcastle they will be one of the best clubs in the country within 5 yesrs. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 15:55, Ric Flair said:

Part of me would love to rinse Newcastle for best part of £500m.

They can have Rodgers and coaches for £50m

Fofana £120m

Maddison £50m

Tielemans £80m

Ndidi £100m

Ricardo £50m

Soyuncu £50m

What about Perez £1.50p.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dames said:

And if he’s sacked he’d be a rich man for it.   Within 3 years they’ll be competing at the top end of the League, just like Man City were after their take over. These middle eastern owners dont mess around, for them money is no object as they want to out compete one another. Even if Rodgers doesnt go to Newcastle they will be one of the best clubs in the country within 5 yesrs. 

It's not even comparable to when Man City got took over. They were an established, top half Premier League club at the time, with a very decent squad. And it still took them a number of years before they could compete at the top of the table. Newcastle on the other hand, need to assemble a squad capable of establishing themselves in the mid table first, that will be the project for their next manager. 

If they want to pay £16m in compensation then more fool them (that’s not to say I don’t rate BR but no manager is worth that) If they do then I fear he’ll walk. I really hope that he is truly happy at City. I think we all love him and appreciate what he’s done for us - despite his flaws. I think those of us with half a brain realise that we won’t do any better than BR and he can and already has brought us success. 

Sadly we do live in a world where a country can buy a failing football club and then poach a manager from one of the best run football clubs in the world. It is what it is. We can’t compete with a $300billion fund. If he leaves us for Newcastle and we end up getting someone in who won’t improve us (which is a given based on my earlier point) I’m not sure I’ll want to continue with following the foxes. I love my club and I’m proud to support them. But what’s the point if our success is cut short by the rich clubs. We’ve over performed in a world full of bigger fish for years but this may be one battle we can’t win. 

Edited by Jakemoore

6 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It's not even comparable to when Man City got took over. They were an established, top half Premier League club at the time, with a very decent squad. And it still took them a number of years before they could compete at the top of the table. Newcastle on the other hand, need to assemble a squad capable of establishing themselves in the mid table first, that will be the project for their next manager. 

That's not even remotely true! In the 5 seasons prior to them being took over, they only finished in the top half twice. With 14th,15th and 16th being the other 3 occasions. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hopefully Talk Sport presenters will see this as they've already appointed him as the new Newcastle boss.

Its all about the drama. More drama = more money.

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

That's not even remotely true! In the 5 seasons prior to them being took over, they only finished in the top half twice. With 14th,15th and 16th being the other 3 occasions. 

They were a good, top half team under Sven, and then they got took over. 

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers is good at spotting a good position to walk into and the right time to do it. He was smart enough to see the ability in our squad, when he probably could have got a more glamorous post if he’d waited a tad longer.

IF Newcastle have silly money to spend, then he’s be better on waiting for phase two of the project when their owners have proven they can run a club, or learnt the ropes. Have improved the team and are on their way past the mercenary stage of filing their squad with people whose careers are on the slide.

Yep, I can’t see any player be it a wonder kid or a name in his prime going just yet.
What I can see is a Big Sam Bolton style collection of players that are names in their own right but at their twilight years looking for that final big payday whilst hiding under the guise of it’s a really interesting project etc etc and the owners would see it as a win by getting their names to then try and attract players in their prime but it’s going to take some time.
Unfortunately for them there aren’t many players with Jay Jay’s, Djorkaeff, Hierro & Campo’s ability.

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

They were a good, top half team under Sven, and then they got took over. 

They finished 9th that season, which was the season that they were taken over. Prior to that, they finished 14th and 15th. Hardly an "established top half Premier league club".

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

They finished 9th that season, which was the season that they were taken over. Prior to that, they finished 14th and 15th. Hardly an "established top half Premier league club".

Sorry for not knowing the exact details of Man City's history, geez. But it's still not comparable, Newcastle are still quite a way behind from where Man City were at the time. 

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers is good at spotting a good position to walk into and the right time to do it. He was smart enough to see the ability in our squad, when he probably could have got a more glamorous post if he’d waited a tad longer.

IF Newcastle have silly money to spend, then he’s be better on waiting for phase two of the project when their owners have proven they can run a club, or learnt the ropes. Have improved the team and are on their way past the mercenary stage of filing their squad with people whose careers are on the slide.

Spot on.

6 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Sorry for not knowing the exact details of Man City's history, geez. But it's still not comparable, Newcastle are still quite a way behind from where Man City were at the time. 

I disagree. They were both mid table (at best) PL sides for around 5 years prior to their take over. 

8 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Not really true

Man City filled themselves up with journeymen for the first couple of seasons. The likes of Roque Santa Cruz and many others. 
They took quite a long time to move through the phases of their development and were no bigger than Newcastle are now. In fact, they had a smaller ground and fanbase

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Exactly, Newcastle is really not as an attractive proposition as their fans think it is. The manager after the manager will be the one worth looking at