Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

ManC history wasn't comparable with the best before they sold out to UAE but it was way better than no trophy since 1955 Newcastle. 

Man City do have history albeit some time ago, they were regarded as the biggest and best supported team in the City.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

ManC history wasn't comparable with the best before they sold out to UAE but it was way better than no trophy since 1955 Newcastle. 

Not correct. I see similarities in the two clubs. Both had/have a rich past history. Man City had not won a trophy since the 1976 League Cup, whereas Newcastle have not won a trophy since 1969 when they won the Fairs/UEFA Cup.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I wouldn't say they were way better. Things change very quickly in football, to put together a quality squad can take a number of years or can all fall in to place quite quickly depending on a number of factors. 

23 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not correct. I see similarities in the two clubs. Both had/have a rich past history. Man City had not won a trophy since the 1976 League Cup, whereas Newcastle have not won a trophy since 1969 when they won the Fairs/UEFA Cup.

Old Euro cup aside, domestically ManC won the old Div 1 title in 1967-68 whereas 3 of Newcastle titles came before WW1 with the last one in the 1920s! 

Newcastle do not have a rich past history in the modern era which ever way you look at it. 

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Newcastle this, Newcastle that. It’s getting annoying. They want success straight away, but to attract big players you need to be playing in big competitions, Newcastle haven’t managed that in…well decades.

We tried the throw everything at it when we had Sven. ‘Big manager’, money on players. Didn’t work. Brought back Pearson and a more measured approach applied, result…. progress, promotion, then thanks to his foundations, premier league.  

it’ll take this season to sort out the mess, next season to stabilise then they can push on.T

To all posters...Don t assume,presume, believe any y of this shit & nonsense.its typical Media clickbait...

Journalists Throwing all possible  permatations into the ring,

Cross Pollonate 2 weeks later, & start another unfounded-scribble round of  noise.

Happens everytime....clickbait  pulls them in...

Edited by fuchsntf

What I find more incredulous than the click bait bs is people on here sucking it all up! 

Newcastle are a poor side in the relegation places , the fact that they now have incredible wealth at their disposal does not immediately fix things!

We all know the January transfer window is incredibly difficult to trade in, couple that with their desperation and their pants will be well and truly down.

As it stands anyone thinking it's  an easy fix or attractive proposition right now is deluded imo. If they get it wrong it could be very ugly!

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Old Euro cup aside, domestically ManC won the old Div 1 title in 1967-68 whereas 3 of Newcastle titles came before WW1 with the last one in the 1920s! 

Newcastle do not have a rich past history in the modern era which ever way you look at it. 

There are similarities between the two clubs at the time of their takeover though, that's really the point. If anything, Newcastle are in a slightly better position in some ways.

They have a larger fanbase than Man City, who have struggled in that area, despite success. Can you really see Newcastle struggling for match day fans if they are even moderately successful?

If marketed correctly, they probably have a larger Worldwide appeal than Man City, who will remain in the shadow of their more illustrious neighbours, until they win another 20 premier league titles or so. Even then, Man U may still be the bigger draw.

Man City also had areas where they were better off at the point of takeover, but overall, these two clubs are/were quite similar. 

Let's just hope Newcastle balls it up in a way that Man City haven't.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

The Glory years under Mercer & Allison...1965-1976...& They were good, that combination has been One of my favourites, Mercer probably One

of the most liked managers over the years, from neutral Top Flight fans...

Should of been persuaded....to carry on permanently to take on the England job..!!

3 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

I ****ing love Brendan, I’d take a bullet up the ah-rse for this one. I’d take an effing truncheon up the ah-rse for this one. Or an umbrella. I would open up an umbrella up inside my ah-rse for this one.

This isn't about Brendan, is it? 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's absolutely no way Newcastle will be competing at the top end of the table within 3 seasons btw. We said all this with Everton who have also spent a fortune and the best they'll probably do is this season where they'll be 6th or 7th.

Everton have dialled back their spending massively. They came up short and the Owner has pulled the funding. Newcastles owners won’t do no such thing, they will spend whatever it takes for success and bragging rights. 

Its hard for us and other fans to admit but Newcastle will genuinely be one of the best clubs in the Country by 2025. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Everton have dialled back their spending massively. They came up short and the Owner has pulled the funding. Newcastles owners won’t do no such thing, they will spend whatever it takes for success and bragging rights. 

Its hard for us and other fans to admit but Newcastle will genuinely be one of the best clubs in the Country by 2025. 

They only dialled the spending back this season, they spent like 70m last season and also got James Rodriguez on about 300k a week.

People are just going way over the top, it only takes one bad transfer window or one bad manager to set them back by a couple of years. They can get around FFP will dodgy deals but only slightly, they can't just spend 500m in transfer fees in one window and increase their salary total by 100%.

Will they improve? Yes. Will they eventually catch the top 4? Yes. But to suggest they'll be fighting for first within 3 years is ridiculous. Give us 300m to spend in the next 18 months and we'd struggle to be fighting for first, nevermind Newcastle.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dames said:

It is FFP that has stopped Everton from spending

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/financial-fair-play-limiting-everton-21258754.amp

5 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Why would he go to a club with no fans and no history to replace possibly the best coach European football has seen 

Rodgers is accused of being deluded but is he that deluded ?? 

Moyes took the Manchester bate and it almost destroyed his career ! Took him 10 years to get over the failure of replacing a Great manager in Manchester 

Guaranteed if Moyes was given the choice again, he’d still take the job. He’d still back himself. To quote Al Pacino from Any Given Sunday, it’s how winning is done. You’ve got to take the risks to win big. 

Same applies here, if Brendan was offered the Man C job. Regardless of who he was replacing, he has to take it. He has to take the challenge. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I can see Newcastle going for a manager who's recently chased the money out in the middle east, someone like Jardim who incidentally is in Saudi managing at the minute.

Similar to us when we were taken over. Go for a big name like Sven who's career had taken a downwards spiral. 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Rodgers is the main man here and I think it will take a lot for us to dispose of his services. With that in mind why would he go to Newcastle - I sense they will operate a 1 in 1 out policy after a couple of bad results. 

Plus who wants to live in the North East?

Supposed to be a lot of great countryside up that way, and some nice places along the coast. If you're on a decent salary you're not forced to live next to cantankerous, boastful Geordies. 

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Supposed to be a lot of great countryside up that way, and some nice places along the coast. If you're on a decent salary you're not forced to live next to cantankerous, boastful Geordies. 

Well Leicesters Major Hight of fame...is nobody outside the midlands, can either Pronounce or Spell our bloody name...

Plus we have the best Club badge....