Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

No, with respect, 'we' didn't. 

After the way he left his ‘beloved’ Celtic? Come off it. We were a stepping stone and fully accepting of that fact if it worked out. All in all it has worked out and has been successful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Not really, he’ll double his wages on a longer contract. If it fails he’ll still get a whopper of a payout and his reputation won’t take a hit because it’ll be seen as a bit of a poisoned chalice. 

He's on 10 million now isn't he? Doubt he'll get double that.

Just now, Dames said:

After the way he left his ‘beloved’ Celtic? Come off it. We were a stepping stone and fully accepting of that fact if it worked out. All in all it has worked out and has been successful.

I think you might be missing the point I was making. 

The whole funny side to this NUFC takeover is that they have not promised big money spending. This could be a spurs job all over again. #commercial value #goldmine

#sodthesquad

Edited by Simoken

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He said he was fully committed to Watford - Walked out

He said he was fully committed to Celtic - Walked out

When something like this involves Rodgers, it’s always a game of wait and see.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays, wouldn’t be surprised if this suddenly ends up turning the other way and he walks.

Said he was fully committed during all the Arsenal and Spurs stuff - stayed :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

You want to wait and be the second one in. 

You like it mushy ehhhhhhh lol

To be honest im not bothered with what happens. If he wants to leave then a door will open. No sense keeping a manager who wont be  fully committed .

If he wants to stay, great things are good.

People will make decisions that they feel are right for them.

I think we all know whoever takes over after bruce gets sacked is a stop gap measure. So in that scenario being the second one in makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I think we perhaps didn't envisage Newcastle being the club he left us for lol

Did you think Celtic fans thought Leicester would be the club he would leave them for? Did you think Watford fans envisaged him leaving them for Swansea?

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not really, he’ll double his wages on a longer contract. If it fails he’ll still get a whopper of a payout and his reputation won’t take a hit because it’ll be seen as a bit of a poisoned chalice. 

Assuming it’s all about money this is of course true.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I remember the board upped his salary quite abit when Arsenal were interested a year or two ago

I imagine it still would've been a similar amount to what Arsenal would have paid him

And he definitely could've had the Spurs job if he wanted it, and I have no doubt they will have tried to contact him for it

• Like 1

Why do people get there nickers in a twist over this sort of stuff has Brendan said he’s off NO Has he said he wants to go NO it’s just the same media B0110cks that’s been spread around us regarding him with moves to Spurs Arsenal ect and all our players in the summer. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

A stepping stone. To Newcastle? 😂

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Assuming it’s all about money this is of course true.

If I were Rodgers all i would see is upsides. If he succeeds he gets so much money to spend and a top top job after. If he fails he ends up even more filthy rich than he is and would still get a relatively top job like Arsenal or Spurs. 

I think.people under estimate our pull on Brendan.

From what I gather Rodgers is happy at the club, he likes it here, is on good money and gets on with Top, to chuck that I'm to go Newcastle could go tits up in so many ways, he could be in and them out of a job in a season of he goes.

Seems like there is a palpable sense of uncertainty and malaise around the club at the moment. Instead of positivity we're hearing (admittedly possibly apocryphal) stories/ rumours of who might leave, we're seeing booing from fans, we're wracked by injuries and seeing very poor performances and results on the pitch. In this context the next few games are really important. Lose them, which looks likely at the minute,  and it will really start to feel like 2016/17 - without the redeeming feature of an excellent run in the CL (by contrast our EL hopes could be all but over in a week's time). Worrying times, I think.