Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Oooooo Brendan’s ****ing magic, he wears a magic hat, he goes drinking with Birchy, when he’s on the lash, he took the boys to Wembley, and won the FA cup, he wants to stay at Leicester and win the ****ing lot oooooooooooooo……..

Yehhhh...:frantics:

Can just see Brendan at the training portacabins on the Tyne whilst Newcastle wait for planning approval on their new training ground. lol

This will be a long term project for the Saudi’s, people are just falling for the media bull crap.

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Seems like there is a palpable sense of uncertainty and malaise around the club at the moment. Instead of positivity we're hearing (admittedly possibly apocryphal) stories/ rumours of who might leave, we're seeing booing from fans, we're wracked by injuries and seeing very poor performances and results on the pitch. In this context the next few games are really important. Lose them, which looks likely at the minute,  and it will really start to feel like 2016/17 - without the redeeming feature of an excellent run in the CL (by contrast our EL hopes could be all but over in a week's time). Worrying times, I think. 

Two months ago after the charity shield , the world was our oyster (according to some). Trouble is every other team was suitably unimpressed.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't deny the excitement/anticipation of a manager change. Win win for me, he stays and hopefully he turns it around or he goes and we have a new era which spikes interest as right now I'm about as excited about out club as I am cleaning out my Guttering. 

Go and pick your favourite Leicester 11 then and revel in nostalgia! 

Leave the gutter for Mark McGee and Peter Taylor. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't deny the excitement/anticipation of a manager change. Win win for me, he stays and hopefully he turns it around or he goes and we have a new era which spikes interest as right now I'm about as excited about out club as I am cleaning out my Guttering. 

I'm 100% behind that whole statement. Couldn't agree more. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes I see now..!

.you enjoy going up & down the ladder, Sorting out the gunge, shinng up there that glitters, hovering around the top..true exciting moments...

Bit there will be those who Insist reminding us its a Show on the lower rungs, that are the problem,Not the  air of potential upon  those higher encholons..

• Haha 1

Honestly think we're underestimating what we have at Leicester. In out and out league terms we're not going to be competing year on year. But we have a squad to compete for cups, we have not only great owners but great staff on the board and most importantly we have stability. Not many clubs actually have stability. Only a fool would walk out of such stability, unless of course there is a much much better offer (which Newcastle isn't, yet). 

2 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

SSN. Spaffing all over this. Apparently sky sports Italy of all places has the inside track. 😂

Not as much as the tabloid doom mongers on here. lol

I think if Rodgers has any sense he’ll want to wait for Newcastle Unitd to gain traction before signing up. I’d also expect he’d want to compete at a higher European level again and Newcastle won’t be able to offer that, yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if he managed one of the big London teams in the future.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Let's not forget, in all the jumping at the first chance he gets stuff, that he killed the Tottenham rumour very quickly in the summer too.

Didn’t really quell the Arsenal rumours though 

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

This thread is proof positive that the media a lot of you are hoovering up are the sports equivalent (or indeed bed fellows) of betting companies. Their job is to stir it up, truth is not their priority. 

Maybe, just figured it was gleeful gluttony for tabloid sensationalism, along with some indignation as we are involved in these reported stories .

Or maybe that’s what you said.  :blink:

19 minutes ago, Dames said:

They are probably now the richest club in the world. Lets not beat around the bush, in terms of potential theirs now far outstrips ours. 

It's Newcastle. They are 19th for a reason, and that reason is they are crap. Even with half our squad out injured we're still better. They're at least three seasons of the best recruitment in footballing history behind us, no matter how much money they've got to spend. If Rodgers went there, he'd be sacked before they reach our level.