Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I got no problem with Brendan going or deciding that he needs a new challenge. He’s done a good job here and won us a trophy. I’d like him to stay but that’s life and it happens. 

My bigger concern is he is going to a club with the financial power to rip up our squad. With players in this squad who do have a lot of respect for him. Losing a manager alongside key players is worrying. 

If Rodgers goes Newcastle, not a single player will follow him. The club aren’t naive. Newcastle are going to get stone walled in some ways as every club sees them as such a rival 

If Rodgers left I'd shake his hand and thank him for 15th May 2021, a day which every Leicester fan will never forget. Even though it would be sad to see him go, perhaps this move maybe best for both parties... on league level he's took Leicester has far as he could.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox forever said:

Any decent big name manager would be crazy to take Newcastle job now. You want to wait and be the second one in. 

but thats known by everyone - if rodgers goes there then is he on a win win ??   whatever happens he gets a huge sum of money. he is either successful over the next two/three seasons and stays on (makign even more dosh) or he is used by the owners to stabalise and then ditched for a 'category 1' coach.  in that case his reputation wont be that sullied.  the danger of staying here is that if the squad has gone stale, he will be expected to turn it around to prove his capabilities.  

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbf we are in prime position for Newcastle to copy and buy from - they basically wanna be us but with enough money to bridge that gap between 5th and the top 4. 

it probably doesnt seem v complicated to their owners.  if little old leicester can do what theyve done over the past half dozen seasons with hardly any money ......

Just a thought Chris Wilder ex Sheff Utd spent 2weeks with Rogers a couple of weeks ago at Seagrave and said how good the training ground and football club are ran.Maybe he will take over as interim Manager for a while and if he succeeds they may offer him a couple years contract just a thought.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I disagree. Youri could go, as don't think any of the big teams will pay the money for someone out of form, and others could go if we see it as an opportunity to fleece them, just as we did with Man U with Maguire and Chelsea with Chilwell. 

The club won’t sell simple as. In fact it will be a point of his settlement agreement. Youri is obviously a special case as we have no control to a point 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Why not? History proves to us that they will sell at the right price. 

Especially if the player in question is not going to sign a new contract

He will take it if offered. He knows he’s got a huge job of turning it around here and after winning the FA cup probably thinks he can leave on a high with his reputation intact. He’ll rightly go down as a legend here but I think he’s done as much as he can.

Even if he does bad at Newcastle the financial benefits will be too hard to turn down, its probably an easy £50 million for the bloke. His reputation will survive a stint there.

i’ll wish him well but a move will work out best for all parties especially if we get a fee.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why not? History proves to us that they will sell at the right price. 

As I said probably be part of the settlement case that Rodgers can’t go after Leicester players. Just like what happened with Celtic.

Clubs aren’t daft they won’t want to better Newcastle unless it’s insane sums. In fact I’d wage clubs will happily sell to the existing big six at lesser sums 

Obviously Youri is different cos of the contractural situation. But Fofana etc? Can’t see it 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I disagree. Youri could go, as don't think any of the big teams will pay the money for someone out of form, and others could go if we see it as an opportunity to fleece them, just as we did with Man U with Maguire and Chelsea with Chilwell. 

I would expect Youri to be back across the channel for his next move. His game is better suited to Italian football in my opinion.

• Like 1

I really cannot see him going to Newcastle.  He would be starting from scratch.  The team needs rebuilding, the facilities need rebuilding.  I just cannot see him walking away from us and going to Newcastle which will take a few years to get to where we are.  

1 minute ago, Hales said:

I really cannot see him going to Newcastle.  He would be starting from scratch.  The team needs rebuilding, the facilities need rebuilding.  I just cannot see him walking away from us and going to Newcastle which will take a few years to get to where we are.  

giphy.gif?cid=549b592d5c1a6f7c39784b4132

• Like 2

As others have said Rodgers is very much a ‘brand Brendan’ person, he knows his stock is very likely to fall here if we stagnate and go backwards and so jumping into new challenge with us still FA cup and Community Shield holders and in Europe is perfect timing for him.  Hopefully we’ve got this scenario in the planning and know who we want to succeed him. 

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

He will take it if offered. He knows he’s got a huge job of turning it around here and after winning the FA cup probably thinks he can leave on a high with his reputation intact. He’ll rightly go down as a legend here but I think he’s done as much as he can.

Even if he does bad at Newcastle the financial benefits will be too hard to turn down, its probably an easy £50 million for the bloke. His reputation will survive a stint there.

i’ll wish him well but a move will work out best for all parties especially if we get a fee.

I’m curious. In this scenario of it “working out best for both parties”, have you factored in who we’ll get to replace Rodgers? 

1 minute ago, Hales said:

But maybe the biggest payday of his life would make him take on the rebuilding job at Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I can't see that being viable to be honest. What happened with Celtic and Edouard was down to pettiness from Celtic, our owners don't operate in that fashion. 

Youri: 100% can see happening and we'd probably welcome the interest in order to help us negotiate a high price, whether that be Newcastle or anyone else. At the end of the day, Newcastle essentially have a bottomless pit of money now and like I say, everyone will have a price, even if it is a ridiculous amount. I just can't see us saying "no we won't deal with you at all" when there is potentially massive transfer fees there for players who may not actually warrant them (i.e. Chilwell and Maguire in the past) 

The clause had a time spell on it. It had expired by the time we went to negotiations for Edouard. 

Wait and see. PL clubs already play these games between each other - see Arsenal and Maitland Niles. It will have to be very silly money for the deals to happen. However what that will do to Newcastle is when they want to sign the real top quality, they will charged unsustainable sums. 

Man City already have ridiculous sums of money but they are quite coy about over spending