Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Cup Final tickets

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

The season tickets added is an issue on that front but I don’t buy that’s the reason our away following is older. The older folk have been going for years, there have still been plenty of opportunities to get away tickets.

In the championship I was going to about 7/8 a season, great escape I lived in Italy for half of the season so probably did about half. Prem winning season I did all bar a couple and I’m now pretty high up.

The old biddies weren't around when I used to go to away games 25 years ago. Looking at the approx age of the old dears now, they'd have been in their mid to.late 70s at that point. So they ain't been going that long. 

I wonder when they actually caught the bug and jacked in bingo and scooting round poundstretcher to start going down the City?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The old biddies weren't around when I used to go to away games 25 years ago. Looking at the approx age of the old dears now, they'd have been in their mid to.late 70s at that point. So they ain't been going that long. 

I wonder when they actually caught the bug and jacked in bingo and scooting round poundstretcher to start going down the City?

Bah, bloody glory hunting coffin dodgers!

6 hours ago, acb said:

Had a ST for 40 odd years. easily enough points but wont bother. Football for me is going with mates, a few beers, the atmosphere in a free world. Not this garbage being served up. God help us if next season demands this carry-on.

Same here.

why didn’t we get the option of train travel like Man City fans did? At least that lets you off the leash for a while

4 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

You've answered your own question there

So Man City fans can go on the train and get out and breath and we’re not allowed to?

just wondering why we weren’t given the chance. Mind you, nearly all the rules they have come up with are illogical or inconsistent 

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I'd say at least half of them there's tickets still available

Not so Im afraid, The only time I have managed to get an away ticket was to buy one of someone who could not go. 

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Bitter because you didn't get one?

Yes the away priority points needs to be looked at but the idea that every ST holder gets an equal chance of a ticket is just plain stupid.

If someone has been to 15 away games for the last 4 years they have much more right to someone who only goes to home games.

Some people can't afford a season ticket, this game is a one-off so should we hold a ballot for everyone that claims to follow the club. Suuporter means supporting the club, that means there's a financial outlay involved.

View it as a life lesson.

To extend that a bit further, how about attending games over a lifetime, including the 300 to 400 plus games that i attended when we were shite. Sure does beat the johny cum lately who went to a handful over the last year or so. And before anyone asks, yes i am bitter and twisted at missing out so there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I'm still confused about tomorrow - is it first come first served at 1pm, or is it a ballot?

Didn't bother to think about it as genuinely didn't think there would be any left.

1pm Tomorrow for STH with 307+ away points 

12 minutes ago, sishades said:

To extend that a bit further, how about attending games over a lifetime, including the 300 to 400 plus games that i attended when we were shite. Sure does beat the johny cum lately who went to a handful over the last year or so. And before anyone asks, yes i am bitter and twisted at missing out so there.

I'm not bitter. But I hope it opens up a conversation what it is to be a fan. 

This notion that the old dears on fox travel are 'better' fans is, frankly, nonsense. Most are there simply as they have nothing better to do. 

There are all sorts of grades of fan. 

I represent my club in the office in London. In a Spanish beach bar. In conversation with an American client. Or lending my elderly neighbour who avidly follows us on radio Leicester my season ticket for a match I can't make 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

1pm Tomorrow for STH with 307+ away points 

yes but what does that mean - I sit in queue and try to buy?

Or at 1pm I can give details to enter a ballot

As surely this is the point where the 2k or whatever is left get snapped up super quick as must be another 5/6k in this band?

Been following the foxes since 1971.Been a season ticket holder since 94 been to hundreds of away games in that period.Went to all champions league games away apart from Copenhagen  due to holiday.Got one ticket for Sevilla.Blagged a ticket for Porto in the town so just wanted to be there for the atmosphere.Been to all league cup finals.Took my daughter to last game at filbert street aged 9 and she was hooked so shes been season ticket holder since the new stadium opened (walkers).When she left school at 16 She never missed a game for 5years home and away so today she got her cup final ticket.(so not an old biddy) .Not enough points for me so wont be going.If the pubs were open and nite out in the smoke I would definitely be there regardless if I had a ticket.People need to remember  the dross we watched  years ago and now were flying high so if your fortunate to get a ticket for the final enjoy the day I certainly will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

yes but what does that mean - I sit in queue and try to buy?

Or at 1pm I can give details to enter a ballot

As surely this is the point where the 2k or whatever is left get snapped up super quick as must be another 5/6k in this band?

Yes, at 1pm you'll be put into an online queue to buy the remaining tickets when trying to access the ticket website. Unless you phone in which it'll be a phone queue. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Can I check when you have submitted your form, are you suppose to receive a confirmation email of some sort.

I didn't get anything after I submitted it. 

I did get one for my covid test that I booked though. That's about it. 

17 hours ago, sishades said:

The points system ensures that no new fans will ever get the opportunity of watching City play away. The same people will always get the tickets, thus reducing the possible future support of any one young or new. This is possibly why the age demographic of away fans and supporters in general is getting older.

Most away games made all season ticket holders or members last time we had fans in the grounds.

I think a lot of people give up without looking tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How the hell do you find out how many points you have? I've logged onto LCFC. Com but I can't see my points total. Not expecting it to be enough as I don't do away games anymore. 

If you sign into the website then click on tickets at the top, you then have to click on your name at the top right and select personal details and it’ll be in there.  For some reason it doesn’t work every time for me and I’m sure I shouldn’t have to click on tickets first but that’s the only way I’ve been able to find mine - don’t think my 80 points will get me to the cup final though!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

If you sign into the website then click on tickets at the top, you then have to click on your name at the top right and select personal details and it’ll be in there.  For some reason it doesn’t work every time for me and I’m sure I shouldn’t have to click on tickets first but that’s the only way I’ve been able to find mine - don’t think my 80 points will get me to the cup final though!

Thanks @Mint23. I've got 272 :(