Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Cup Final tickets

If it’s test event for the euros but generally you have to be in the catchment area of Wembley I don’t see what they’re testing?

Are the Wembley Euro’s games going to be exclusively Londoners?

Surely the travel and infrastructure around the stadium are more key to being tested than the stadium itself?

I’ve never understood the national stadium being in London anyway. Before the plans for it to be rebuilt and there were talks over it being in the midlands that always made more sense. Midlands, you know, middle of the country, central to everyone.

But then England is London I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

If it’s test event for the euros but generally you have to be in the catchment area of Wembley I don’t see what they’re testing?

Are the Wembley Euro’s games going to be exclusively Londoners?

Surely the travel and infrastructure around the stadium are more key to being tested than the stadium itself?

I’ve never understood the national stadium being in London anyway. Before the plans for it to be rebuilt and there were talks over it being in the midlands that always made more sense. Midlands, you know, middle of the country, central to everyone.

But then England is London I suppose.

That’s my thoughts on it. 

In a six week’s time, you are going to have a far larger crowd of partisan support travelling from all over the country. What are you learning if you continue to have 40% of a 25% capacity crowd non supportive who aren’t travelling longer distances? 

Twickenham on Friday 21st and Sunday 22nd for two finals have been selling tickets with no restriction on travel. 

That’s before we look into Chelsea fans and London based neutrals aren’t subject to set out travel plans - despite a huge likelyhood they will encounter fair more people in a far lesser safe mode of transport called the London Underground.

But then again why send a load of Leicester fans on a train down to St Pancras and then have to make the final bit of the journey via the tube?

Like an awful lot of what’s been laid out at times, it makes no fcuking sense 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Of course, if we'd have followed tradition and played after the season end, there would be no problem and the game would have been a fitting showcase at the end of a relatively dull fanless season. Fans would have been happy and the FA made money. 

its the international breaks that extend the league....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

its the international breaks that extend the league....

Accepted, but if our last match is the 23/5, then Saturday 30/5 would be surely acceptable to both finalists who are then likely to both pick sides without one eye on Europe which in financial terms is a bigger priority. It gives both competitions due respect. 

Really thinking That the FA haven’t thought about this much I’m sure Wembley we have quite a lot of Chelsea fans living around the area as they’ll be distributing tickets to local residents again, giving Chelsea a much bigger support that day?

But Good Luck to all who get one make some noise cheer the lads on!

im sure I won’t be eligible for one so I’ll sit by the Tv with a few Beers cheering the Foxes on !! 💙🦊

Edited by justfoxes

1 minute ago, Mint23 said:

I’m pretty sure I won’t have enough points but I’ve never been able to find on the website how many points I actually have, any ideas?

Click on your name at the top, Go to personal information and then see under away priority tickets underneath your mobile number and home priority points 

Edited by hejammy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Of course, if we'd have followed tradition and played after the season end, there would be no problem and the game would have been a fitting showcase at the end of a relatively dull fanless season. Fans would have been happy and the FA made money. 

The FA have probably just listened to politicians and moved it before end of season for a test at bringing fans back rather than waiting till the end of the month so both teams could have more fans attending rather than the meagre few allowed in ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

This I really don't get. It's basically monopolising travel. Why travel in a covid hot box! If one person has it you risk everyone on that coach getting it! 

Yes that was my thinking too, if the argument is they don’t want you to use the tube getting to Wembley I’d like to know how thousands of local residents will be getting to Wembley 

I have a Derby postcode but my old man has a LE post code so if I was to go for a ticket I’m not even sure how that works 

This is where I feel really torn. I can have a crack at getting a ticket with the away games I've been to but my dad probably won't. 

Do I choose to go to an occasion I've been dreaming about since I was a little kid, on my own?

Or do I miss out and watch it from home with the man who's taken me to those games all my life? :cry:

I'm surely not the only one questioning my morals here lol

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TK95 said:

This is where I feel really torn. I can have a crack at getting a ticket with the away games I've been to but my dad probably won't. 

Do I choose to go to an occasion I've been dreaming about since I was a little kid, on my own?

Or do I miss out and watch it from home with the man who's taken me to those games all my life? :cry:

Can see your dilemma, 100%. I'd be watching with my old man, you won't get those memories back and you'll remember the day with him if we win it long after he's gone (Sorry for being bland)

• Like 3

I probably could just about get a ticket but wasn’t going to go anyway because it sounds like the opposite of an enjoyable day out. Definitely swerving it now - even if the club fold on the coach issue.

It’ll be so sterile and convoluted.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I probably could just about get a ticket but wasn’t going to go anyway because it sounds like the opposite of an enjoyable day out. Definitely swerving it now - even if the club fold on the coach issue.

It’ll be so sterile and convoluted.

Club don't have a choice on the coach travel because it's a gov test event. Man City had to do it for the league Cup Final. 

Non essential travel out of Northern Ireland is still prohibited- surely the FA Cup final counts as essential? 

43 minutes ago, TK95 said:

As much as you would love to be there in person, being with your daD if we win will  give you memories for the rest of your life. We may get to another cup final, you won’t ever get another dad to talk to again about the game

• Like 2