Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Cup Final tickets

31 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Didn't get a ticket then mate?

Haha that did make me chuckle lol

My last Leicester game was Peterborough at home in the Championship in 2009  :D

After being told to be quiet when I tried to start a chant I decided eatching pro football wasn't for me, so started watching Coalville haha. Always said it wouldn't feel right going to Wembley if I've not been to other games.

Just like the Everton game for the trophy lift, I'll be watching the game with my old man. 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Winsum said:

Think the whole manner of distribution has been badly managed. The few tickets should have been available to all season ticket holders and not just those with points This game is a one off and nothing to do whether you travel or not.

Some season ticket holders can not afford or able to travel through commitments.It is another case of the club shooting itself

In the foot on big ticketing decisions

Well by that logic tickets should have been equally available to all season ticket holders, all members, and everyone else too. Some members can’t afford season tickets or have other commitments. Some fans can’t afford memberships. Some can’t afford to go to any games or have commitments that prevent them ever attending...

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Going to the football is as much about the social side of things for me as it is the football itself. I've dreamt of a cup final for as long as I can remember, but even if it gets down to my points level I'll be sat with my mates watching it at home (**** Covid rules, it's two days early). Feels ultimately pointless if my mates aint there to celebrate with me (should we win).

The thought of needing to get to grounds at designated times sounds shit, I hope that is relaxed for next season.

I really hope it is worth it for those who go, £45 to be sat on a coach for hours is a hell of a price.

• Like 2

Working my way through corporate-type contacts, some promising noises but until it's confirmed and you sign the forms (and have a negative test) I'm on tenterhooks.

In fact until I'm in the ground I'll only believe it.

But if it doesn't happen for whatever reason then so be it.

Got to be pragmatic.

24 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Working my way through corporate-type contacts, some promising noises but until it's confirmed and you sign the forms (and have a negative test) I'm on tenterhooks.

In fact until I'm in the ground I'll only believe it.

But if it doesn't happen for whatever reason then so be it.

Got to be pragmatic.

Cant you get the gig for talksport?

38 minutes ago, sishades said:

The points system ensures that no new fans will ever get the opportunity of watching City play away. The same people will always get the tickets, thus reducing the possible future support of any one young or new. This is possibly why the age demographic of away fans and supporters in general is getting older.

That isn't fully accurate. Whilst it does reward those who consistently attend away games or purchase a Season ticket, there are still opportunities for people to build up points and head to games. 

@Yes N'Didi I think made a table of those games that reached General sale/Members or low points to show this. The games aren't always the most desirable, but they do exist. 

Another finger to point is at the league which limits the away tickets needed to be given out.

3 hours ago, Winsum said:

Think the whole manner of distribution has been badly managed. The few tickets should have been available to all season ticket holders and not just those with points This game is a one off and nothing to do whether you travel or not.

Some season ticket holders can not afford or able to travel through commitments.It is another case of the club shooting itself

NO, No & NOOOOOOOOOOOOO  .Shooting itself in the foot would have been issuing cup final tickets to those who have only one year as a season ticket to their name and no aways and ignoring those with a long standing commitment to the club.  Football fans often talk about a lack of loyalty to fans from owners,  well that would have broken the bank on that one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That isn't fully accurate. Whilst it does reward those who consistently attend away games or purchase a Season ticket, there are still opportunities for people to build up points and head to games. 

@Yes N'Didi I think made a table of those games that reached General sale/Members or low points to show this. The games aren't always the most desirable, but they do exist. 

Another finger to point is at the league which limits the away tickets needed to be given out.

Yeah I even got to go to Anfield on general sale because it was a weeknight. Definitely opportunities if you can afford not to be picky.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

2 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Yeah I even got to go to Anfield on general sale because it was a weeknight. Definitely opportunities if you can afford not to be picky.

It's not always convenient, but if you really want to, it's definitely possible. 

54 minutes ago, sishades said:

The points system ensures that no new fans will ever get the opportunity of watching City play away. The same people will always get the tickets, thus reducing the possible future support of any one young or new. This is possibly why the age demographic of away fans and supporters in general is getting older.

Somewhat agree, I go to all away games, and I'd say at least half of them there's tickets still available. 

I know everyone's as much as a fan in their own way, but if I missed out on a ticket of the final to someone who occasionally watches us on TV and only watches us against Manu, mancity ect I'd be pretty miffed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winsum said:

Bitter because you didn't get one?

Yes the away priority points needs to be looked at but the idea that every ST holder gets an equal chance of a ticket is just plain stupid.

If someone has been to 15 away games for the last 4 years they have much more right to someone who only goes to home games.

Some people can't afford a season ticket, this game is a one-off so should we hold a ballot for everyone that claims to follow the club. Suuporter means supporting the club, that means there's a financial outlay involved.

View it as a life lesson.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

This whole ballot and ticket process bringing out the worst of our fanbase. Seems to happen quite frequently these days. Have our fans always been this petty and bitter? 
we’re in the cup final. If you’re going, brilliant - have a class day! If you’re watching at home, brilliant - have a class day! If you’re going to the pub, brilliant - have a class day! Come on boys go get the cup

I would like to say if you are stuck at work have a class day.

2 hours ago, sishades said:

The season tickets added is an issue on that front but I don’t buy that’s the reason our away following is older. The older folk have been going for years, there have still been plenty of opportunities to get away tickets.

In the championship I was going to about 7/8 a season, great escape I lived in Italy for half of the season so probably did about half. Prem winning season I did all bar a couple and I’m now pretty high up.

So many ways the club could have done it. We all have our subjective take on it that would have benefited our selves most. 

I believe Man City gave some tickets to fans they had London addresses for. That would have suited me. I can get to Wembley in under 30m and probably present the least Covid risk to any one else. 

I’ve got over my disappointment about missing out now and will enjoy it on the tv. 

Those of you who are going shout loud and help our team bring back that long coveted trophy! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Big names for big games - ie not me - I understand that completely.

Media tickets are restricted so couldn't even have sneaked in at the back - again, absolutely fair enough.

Good luck with getting them but I'm sure you'll make the most of this possible historic day.

For all us fans, no matter what circumstances  or where your based to be part of an FA Cup final is something special.

I seriously dont think people of a certain age understand the importance of this game.

Waking up on FA Cup final day and watching the tv from 12 onwards and the build up, the coaches leaving the hotels, the players walk about, the band playing...and we COULD  finally get our name etched on that cup...AND it's my fecking 50th the day after...good job I dont drink!!!

Enjoy everyone!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

This whole ballot and ticket process bringing out the worst of our fanbase. Seems to happen quite frequently these days. Have our fans always been this petty and bitter? 
we’re in the cup final. If you’re going, brilliant - have a class day! If you’re watching at home, brilliant - have a class day! If you’re going to the pub, brilliant - have a class day! Come on boys go get the cup

Absolutely we’ve looked like a total bunch of nutters on Twitter. 

Everyone has an opinion, you don’t have to agree with them, just let it go!