Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Spurs looking a bit of a joke this summer, especially if Kane leaves. Not completely writing them off but I think their time in the sun is over - for now. Will be interesting to see what this new manager does and he's clearly got experience but it's hard to see them getting beyond 6th when you consider there's us, the rest of the top 5 and Arsenal. 

Take Kane and Son out of that team and they lose so much of their quality. 

16 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Spurs looking a bit of a joke this summer, especially if Kane leaves. Not completely writing them off but I think their time in the sun is over - for now. Will be interesting to see what this new manager does and he's clearly got experience but it's hard to see them getting beyond 6th when you consider there's us, the rest of the top 5 and Arsenal. 

Take Kane and Son out of that team and they lose so much of their quality. 

Take Kane & Son out & you have an average championship side.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Take Kane & Son out & you have an average championship side.

I'd be happier taking the piss if they hadn't just kicked our ass. We will do well to take six points off of them next season.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'd be happier taking the piss if they hadn't just kicked our ass. We will do well to take six points off of them next season.

We will do well to take six points off any team, but Tottenham have a new gaffer new to English football, a new director of football new to English football, have a set of players who largely are more interested in themselves than the club & are totally skint.

Add to this the possibility of their only decent performers last season could be off & you have a recipe for collapse.

Must tick off their new stadium before their probable doom :thumbup:

Edited by boots60

Spurs lack a midfield general with a brain. Modric and then Ericson provided that but these days they can often look clueless. Having said that if you defend badly against them then Son and Kane will punish you as we found out. Finding that brain has eluded them but if they get lucky with the right player , they will be a threat.

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Spurs lack a midfield general with a brain. Modric and then Ericson provided that but these days they can often look clueless. Having said that if you defend badly against them then Son and Kane will punish you as we found out. Finding that brain has eluded them but if they get lucky with the right player , they will be a threat.

An Sionnach, I challenge you to go onto the spurs forum "The fighting cock" click on any thread, read it for a few minutes & then come back onto Foxestalk & say something nice about Spurs.

Impossible.

4 minutes ago, boots60 said:

An Sionnach, I challenge you to go onto the spurs forum "The fighting cock" click on any thread, read it for a few minutes & then come back onto Foxestalk & say something nice about Spurs.

Impossible.

Football forums often go way over the top , of course Spurs fans are rightly pissed off, its been a disappointing time since the C.L. final. If they start the season well of course  many of them will change their tune. Me, I have been around far too long to make rigid predictions when it comes to football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Football forums often go way over the top , of course Spurs fans are rightly pissed off, its been a disappointing time since the C.L. final. If they start the season well of course  many of them will change their tune. Me, I have been around far too long to make rigid predictions when it comes to football.

Veronica Corningstone Funny Quotes. QuotesGram

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I do think Spurs fans could be pretty pissed off at the moment. It really looks like their club is set from a pretty bad period. If/when Kane leaves they're in real trouble - unless a replacement turns out to be a world beater as well. The reported new manager, Paulo Fonseca has a real job on his hands. If he's not up to it, I really fear for Spurs.

I really am astounded Crystal Palace allowed so many players and indeed their manager's contracts to run down like this, such shambolic planning.

• Like 1

Chelsea interested in a left back for €35m…

https://m.calcionapoli24.it/calcio_mercato/pedraza-napoli-interesse-concreto-giuntoli-lo-segue-da-pi-di-un-anno-n484797-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

“An offer that could come from the top English clubs that follow him with interest and in particular from Chelsea which is currently in pole position for the player.”

Edited by moore_94

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Chelsea interested in a left back for €35m…

https://m.calcionapoli24.it/calcio_mercato/pedraza-napoli-interesse-concreto-giuntoli-lo-segue-da-pi-di-un-anno-n484797-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

“An offer that could come from the top English clubs that follow him with interest and in particular from Chelsea which is currently in pole position for the player.”

That's a lot to chuck at a rotation left back. He really doesn't fully rate Chillwell