Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Christ

Has actively regressed this year, great player but not the next Maradona. Think he'd be truly one of a kind under a great manager like klopp or pep, but under that useless Ole he won't really improve drastically 

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Jesus Christ Everton are gonna be even more boring 

Nuno is capable of playing decent football - depends which nuno get his feet under the table. If he feels under a lot of pressure (which he never had at  wolves) , then could be the turgid nuno. 

@TheBear is there any talk about nuno’s departure and transfer budgets there  ???  Heard a few snippets that money is v v tight .....

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nuno is capable of playing decent football - depends which nuno get his feet under the table. If he feels under a lot of pressure (which he never had at  wolves) , then could be the turgid nuno. 

@TheBear is there any talk about nuno’s departure and transfer budgets there  ???  Heard a few snippets that money is v v tight .....

Most Wolves fans I’ve seen talk about it say they think it was covered up that he was sacked as a favour for everything he’s done for the club. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

More boring 352/343 negative football for Everton. At least they'll be a bit harder to beat now so that's a plus for them I guess. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

No matter their reputation, there's no guarantee they will adapt quickly or at all to the rigours of the Prem. It's also possible that they won't gel with the squad, and could even be disruptive.

Could say that about any signing by any club.

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

More boring 352/343 negative football for Everton. At least they'll be a bit harder to beat now so that's a plus for them I guess. 

Their fans seem genuinely gutted tbh .

Expected another big name .

Well the last one lead them to 10th then buggered off to Madrid at the first opportunity.

Maybe Everton fans need to realise they aren’t the club they think they are?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, davieG said:

There's other aspects of the game that have been allowed to pass, the 10yd free kick rule to stop quick free kicks, throw in location, obstruction, time wasting are all pretty much ignored as well as the obvious ones like diving, feigning injuring, exaggerating injury, cynical fouling to stop break outs from defence with defenders taking it in turns to get the yellow card as in 'one for the team' - It's all cheating.

And sadly all more or less endorsed by ex footballer pundits.

Agree with all of the above bar cynical fouls. I don’t think that’s cheating. The rules could be changed to clamp down on it for sure.

We desperately need a kind of sin bin and general clamping down on behaviour. I work in education and there's a clear pathway of punishment.

I'd start with 

- don't approach the ref unless called

- if you disagree with a decision, you and your captain can argue the point

- if you shout or swear at the ref - instant yellow

I think a big part of the problem is these are millionaires and feel above it. Plus they're backed up by team mates. You don't see it in other sports. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Word is we will likely be "creative" and may have to sell to buy. The reality is we're not close to being in any trouble with FFP, although we did get fined by UEFA when we were in the Europa League, we got punished by their more stringent rules. Mainly because we still had The Championship seasons in our 3 year accounts where we got much less TV money. Fined for getting into Europe too quickly basically. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Not necessarily. Wolves was the only team he's ever played 3 at the back. Valencia and Porto he used 4 at the back.

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Agree with all of the above bar cynical fouls. I don’t think that’s cheating. The rules could be changed to clamp down on it for sure.

Surely an intentional/cynical foul for gain is cheating?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t necessarily think you’re wrong. I just feel the punishment could be steeper to deter it.

Of course it should although like most things in football it's not always easy to judge and the difficulty is there's nothing between a yellow or a red for last man. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

We desperately need a kind of sin bin and general clamping down on behaviour. I work in education and there's a clear pathway of punishment.

I'd start with 

- don't approach the ref unless called

- if you disagree with a decision, you and your captain can argue the point

- if you shout or swear at the ref - instant yellow

I think a big part of the problem is these are millionaires and feel above it. Plus they're backed up by team mates. You don't see it in other sports. 

You just know there would be bias in this too though with the non "big 6" teams getting penalised the most 

Edited by TK95

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

I think Nuno can do well there tbh

If they cut out their pathetic attempts to be a "footballing" team and get it on Calvert-Lewins head they could cause a few problems. He will try to cut their goals against by 10 as his first priority. They will still cause us problems though, they always do.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

As a Football Fan I feel for the Everton Fans. They've had their hopes for the new season shattered by a Manager who had no love for Everton.

They're gutted and feel cheated as we would if Brendan were to leave in the middle of our project.

When added to  Yesterday's events, Football is a tough business. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Everton soon to become Portugal Mark 3.  After Wolves n the national team.

Except that Everton don't have any ties to Mendes, and Nuno is just a friend and client. Might mean one or two favours for him but I doubt they'll just start funnelling young Portugese players like Mendes does at Wolves. 

On 12/06/2021 at 07:04, foxfanazer said:

And they haven't even got anyone with genuine pace like he had with Adama Traore to execute his only plan b

Hears whispers of his impending sacking. Puts traore on the transfer list, gets sacked. Signs traore. I smell a rat. lol