Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I really don't understand why Spurs aren't seriously considering Graham Potter.

Yes, he doesn't have 'top-level' experience but that's clearly not a deciding factor considering how the Mourinho appointment turned out and the calibre of managers they've recently considered (Fonseca, Gattuso).

What Potter did at Ostersunds was remarkable. He built not just a team but a culture. He's doing the same now at Brighton and, while they're not necessarily better off in terms of league position, he's transformed their style of play and it's widely regarded that they're a top striker away from being a very good Premier League side.

After Mourinho was sacked, Levy spoke about 'values' and a 'Tottenham identity' (to paraphrase). For me, Potter is the perfect candidate if given a couple of seasons and proper money to build a good footballing side and reconnect them with their supporters.

He's certainly up there as who I'd want to replace Rodgers if he were to move on any time soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I really don't understand why Spurs aren't seriously considering Graham Potter.

Yes, he doesn't have 'top-level' experience but that's clearly not a deciding factor considering how the Mourinho appointment turned out and the calibre of managers they've recently considered (Fonseca, Gattuso).

What Potter did at Ostersunds was remarkable. He built not just a team but a culture. He's doing the same now at Brighton and, while they're not necessarily better off in terms of league position, he's transformed their style of play and it's widely regarded that they're a top striker away from being a very good Premier League side.

After Mourinho was sacked, Levy spoke about 'values' and a 'Tottenham identity' (to paraphrase). For me, Potter is the perfect candidate if given a couple of seasons and proper money to build a good footballing side and reconnect them with their supporters.

He's certainly up there as who I'd want to replace Rodgers if he were to move on any time soon.

He'd be mental to go there. He'd be a great choice for a long term project of course but Levy has proven that he wouldn't back him in the transfer window. Pochettino was their best manager in a generation with their best squad in a generation, and even after the miracle/fluke of reaching the CL final THAT was the time to really back him. That was Levy's once in a lifetime moment to really go for it but he ****ed it up as usual. 

The fans would want Potter out after 18 months anyway too. It's a poisoned chalice. Which is why they can't fill the post still.

I can see him being a very good fit for Everton, but they behind the scenes problems of their own. He'd be gone after 18 months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Dunno could be Bury, or Macclesfield like 

Yeah I know there's always someone worse off but it's pretty tiresome seeing the likes of Everton, Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal fans etc. crying about how their club is football's greatest disaster

• Like 2

Surely Spurs should just accept they’ve messed up and give the gig to mason. The fans would get behind him, theyd save some money and they can focus on a proper manager search for next summer. 

It would be embarrassing to accept the job as a 5th choice (or worse) so they won’t get anyone of a top level now 

That Gattuso is some bloke remember him being as hard as nails so not a Spurs type of guy, just shows how disliked Spurs are though worldwide when this guy quits a job after 3 weeks just so Spurs can offer him ther job for him just to turn it down