Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA CUP WINNERS 2021 -CHELSEA 0-1 LCFC

Couldn’t watch live but just finished watching a recording with the rest of the family. Absolute heroes for me were Tielemans (of course), Fofana, who I thought was immense, and Schmeichel with his 2 unbelievable saves that kept us in it. And of course the supporters who made it there. Thanks goodness Chilwell wasn’t involved in an equaliser! Hopefully he’s crying on his mother’s shoulders right now.

Got a bit nervous when Rodgers went full shithouse at the end, but all good with hindsight.

Finally puts to rest those 60s finals. The first of them I was only dimly aware of, but vaguely remember a lot of anti Spurs chanting in the playground at school. The second I can’t really remember, but was present when they beat MU at Filbert Street a few weeks before. The Man City one I just remember feeling deflated after watching it with the family on an old black and white set with a dodgy picture.

Best club in England to support right now. So privileged.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KansasFox said:

This is a dilemma.  Let me just throw this out there, but I think if we gave it our best efforts we could realistically win the Europa League, but I just can't see it in the champions league.

Would we rather feature in the champions league or win the Europa?

Would love to get on a Sevilla kind of level. Win the Europa (multiple times :P) and treat it as another route to qualify for the UCL that also brings honours.

They're consistently getting into the knockouts there now, too. We've proven this past week that we're a top 4/5 team on merit with two big statement results against Greedy Six clubs, and we can absolutely carry that into European competition. Take PSG, Bayern and an in-form Man City out of the equation and I don't think there's a single team in Europe we couldn't at least give a game right now if we play to the level we know we're capable of.

The fact we still have room to improve is scary. We weren't anywhere near our best against Man Utd, or for the first half today. Keep the spine of this team together and we could be even better. :o

All things said and done though, I will actually forgive the lads a loss on Tuesday now. There are going to be a LOT of sore heads tomorrow around that squad 😂

We'll smash Spurs and parade our shiny trophy in front of the fans on the final day anyway, so I'm still chilled out about the top four lark. :thumbup:

Guest bss9401

Chilwell and Mason Mount feel just like Deontay Wilder did after Tyson Fury got up from that punch and started slapping him around.

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, eunmac said:

Did anyone else get a flashback to THAT goal by Andy Peake when Youri scored?

As Youri was shaping up to shoot I was thinking of how similar it was to the quarter final goal against Man U. I had the same sort of feeling then of Youri having a go but couldn’t see him scoring

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Thank goodness for VAR, or that story would be a lot different right now.

Traditionally, this would have been the point where the 'big club' would have had the rub of the green regarding a refereeing decision and the status quo would have been maintained.

How might history be different if VAR existed 30 years ago?

• Like 1