Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA CUP WINNERS 2021 -CHELSEA 0-1 LCFC

1 minute ago, RichmondAsianElephant said:

Every citizen in Leicester should be proud. This is the greatest underdog story ever in world sport. The last 7 years for Leicester has been the biggest underdog triumph ever on the plannet. Nothing beats this acheivement  

We epitomise the underdog story. It's really quite unbelievable the journey we've been on since we've been promoted to the prem. Honestly could see us being successful for a long, long time.

Just now, Brooksy said:

Still absolutely buzzing. Why does this feel better than the prem win? YESSSSSSSSSS

The Premier League was truly incredible, that will never be done again. But it did feel a bit "flukey" even if it was anything but. There wasn't any pressure from the outset, we built up incredible momentum, all the top teams had an off year, etc. Still for me the greatest story ever in sport, but it was unexpected.

At the start of this season, we all knew we had a chance to win this cup. That we were good enough to do it and it was high time we put a run together. And we did it, winning a high pressure game against a team that is going to be in the Champions League final. People will say we were the underdogs, but after 36 games in the Premier League, we sat above our opponents coming into today's game. We had unfinished business with the FA Cup, 4 finals and 4 losses, and a team like Leicester should have won it once in the past at the very least.

Now it's done and dusted! The set is complete, and this team proved they were good enough to win a cup we all felt we should have won at least once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wasn't it great to finish the match with four of the original immortals on the pitch - Kasper, Albrighton, Morgan and Vardy (not including Kante).  £3m combined fee for that lot and look what they have given us!

I'm especially pleased for Big Wes.  He must have thought his race was run, a great career fading away and then a dramatic final twist.  An FA Cup final cameo and a winners medal to add to the collection.  What a swansong.

Also, a cup final with three academy products - Thomas, Choudhury and Chilwell, (unlucky Ben :D).  Should have been four but for injury.

I can't articulate how I'm feeling but I intend to just wallow in it for the foseeable like a pig in the proverbial grinning like a simpleton.

• Like 3