Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Champions league final is their priority. They’ll know having beaten Man City twice in three weeks they can do so again. 

I’m with Bert. Roman will be pulling Tuchel into his office saying we win that Final at ALL costs. That’s all he is bothered about now.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’m with Bert. Roman will be pulling Tuchel into his office saying we win that Final at ALL costs. That’s all he is bothered about now.

Pep let them win the last one. Strange team selection and just weird all round performance. Man City will win the CL. Chelsea cannot rely on that one game. However, the players might be eying it and not wish to injure themselves before it, so that might work in our favour. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Pep let them win the last one. Strange team selection and just weird all round performance. Man City will win the CL. Chelsea cannot rely on that one game. However, the players might be eying it and not wish to injure themselves before it, so that might work in our favour. 

Trust me.... Roman will be telling Tuchel he wins that final or he is in the bin. That is all that will matter to Roman now. He’s the one who dishes the orders out. He will want that CL winners money, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see a similar team to the weekend, but Tuchel and Chelsea are under immense pressure to succeed. 

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We can't afford to rotate, we may as well forfeit and give them the 3-0 if we rotate.

If it does come down to GD I wonder how many people will still be lauding Rodgers for us "controlling games" by going at 6 at the back when the opposition were there for the taking :D

I don't particularly like that policy to be honest, I think that it invites the opposition on  and leaves us with less ability to hit back if we did concede, however I also acknowledge that I would be a terrible football manager and off my head, I can't think of an occasion when it hasn't worked this season.  There probably are occasions, but who's to say that if we had chosen not to close games out we wouldn't have conceded more goals and dropped more points making the gd argument irrelevant?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

this is more than just a game for a champions league place i could potentially see a few players leaving if we don't qualify this year. I expect offers will come in for the likes of Cags, Ndidi, Little Wes and Tielemans in the summer

Still likely to sell 1 player regardless of what happens. We've been doing that for 4 years without Champions League.

There's not many clubs around the world better run than us at the minute so bar a handful of clubs the moves would be sideways.

54 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The Bookies dont have much faith in us tonight, they make Chelsea 7/10 favourites and us 9/2, incredible odds when you think we've just beaten them and 2 nil earlier in the season! I've had a £5 win double on Leicester and Lazio at home to Torino. The last of the great gamblers 🤣.

Bookies rarely wrong but I think that's a bit steep. Don't know what our team will be with possible injuries fatigue etc. Could possibly see Morgan or Armarty at centre half with Ricardo and Castagne on the right and Thomas and Albrighton left? There'll be a few tired legs but also the knowledge that if they win this, it defines the whole season! There again, let's be honest, if at the start of the season someone offered 5th, Europa League next year and an FA Cup, I personally would have snatched their hands off. Its Tuesday and we're still FA Cup winners!

If an ambitious young player in the summer can't see the potential benefits of being on the Leicester City journey then perhaps we're best off without them.

Surprised by those odds tbh. Do they think we've got into this position in the first place because we won a raffle?!?! I mean Chelsea are still behind us in the league, right? 

I really doubt that BR and the staff will have pushed the idea this game defines the season. I'm sure the players would have thought it but from a managerial standpoint that seems a dangerous game. One game at a time. 

Your last sentence is spot on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, if Chelsea lose tonight, get overtaken by Liverpool but then win the Champions league, do Liverpool fail to qualify for CL?

Just to avoid you getting an abusive reply.... the Champions League winner is now an extra spot so England would have 5 representatives if this happened...

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

..can see both teams winning..

That would be amazing and a first for football. I know VAR are good, but are they THAT good?!  Maybe you lads can get another kitty together like you must have for last Saturday and make it happen so we can together eliminate the Scousers :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Further to earlier permutations.....

If my maths are correct, there is only a limited number of scenarios where GD could come into play for us.

With Chelsea:

- If we lose tonight, draw v. Spurs & Chelsea lose at Villa

- If we draw both our games & they beat Villa

With Liverpool:

- If we win 1 and lose 1, while they win both their games

- If we lose 1 and draw 1, while they win 1 and draw 1

- If we lose both, while they win 1 and lose 1

My brain hurts!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

..all I saw amongst the Chelsea player's was embarrassment and self pity..

I think you maybe saw what you wanted to see fella. I can guarantee our lads, like yours, are made of stronger stuff and will be motivated. Both teams will want this. Let's hope for a great game that isn't decided by a digital geometry set.

There’s a tendency to overestimate this Chelsea side. As an attacking unit they seen pretty toothless. Kante is not the same player and doesn’t look happy.I think their defence is poor and the CL league final/Euros could be a distraction.

They also looked completely dejected after Saturday’s match and moral may be low.  

If you can stop Mount, then 1/2 of the battle is done. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan

2 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

I think you maybe saw what you wanted to see fella. I can guarantee our lads, like yours, are made of stronger stuff and will be motivated. Both teams will want this. Let's hope for a great game that isn't decided by a digital geometry set.

I wholeheartedly agree, but lets not bring geometry into it, just retain the validity .  :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

I'm not sorry but sunday wasn't even close by VAR standards and if the linesmen wasn't relying on it now a days he'd of caught it he was doing his job properly.

I think this game is already won or lost. It all depends on the mentality of both teams. 

Saturdays win has either focused us and gave us a boost or it has distracted us and made us think it's job done. 

Standing on the field, watching us celebrate has either lit a fire under those Chelsea players or it has sucked the wind from their sails. 

I get a feeling that tonight we will just be watching a result play out that was always going to happen after that final. 

Like an English premium on transfers, there is a top/big/who-actually-gives-a-frig-its-about-merit/monied 6 bias around betting too, its almost like betting has no basis on anything except favouritism.

2 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

I'm not sorry but sunday wasn't even close by VAR standards and if the linesmen wasn't relying on it now a days he'd of caught it he was doing his job properly.

You should certainly not be in the least bit sorry sir. Thems the breaks. However, the fact of the matter was that the lino didn't call it off - VAR did. Anyway, it's not like that's the first debatable VAR decision we've seen this season. It's the rules we all have to play by now unitl some clever spark refines the system to stop offside being about millimetres, which I for one don't think it should be.

11 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

One too many beers? Or are you talking about another VAR decision?

26 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Abraham’s in hot water, his missus was posting crap about tuchel and chelsea 

all over social media over the weekend. doubt he’ll start for them again under tuchel.

I think if I were his OH I would want to be posting as well. I felt sorry for the guy that he didn't even make the squad, especially having had a good run in the cup leading to that match. 

• Like 1