Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

45 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Weird situation for Chelsea.

They've got 2 bites at the cherry

Which cherry would you fancy your chances of eating? Home to Leicester or Man City on neutral ground? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

You should certainly not be in the least bit sorry sir. Thems the breaks. However, the fact of the matter was that the lino didn't call it off - VAR did. Anyway, it's not like that's the first debatable VAR decision we've seen this season. It's the rules we all have to play by now unitl some clever spark refines the system to stop offside being about millimetres, which I for one don't think it should be.

I think eventually the offside rule will be revised to benefit VAR. I mean, I’m absolutely elated that it went in our favour, and doubly so it was Chilwell who was on the end of the result.... but I think a decision will need to be made as to what they feel the threshold is for offside. I mean, splitting hairs and all he was offside, so VAR did its job. 

Naturally you’ll be annoyed, but in reality should you have finished us off without that? The amount of talent you have in your squad you probably should have.... obviously I’ve not seen every Chelsea game, but it seems to me like you’re doing a bit of a Wenger Arsenal sometimes? Over passing and not enough cutting edge? Going to be a tough game tonight, call me tinpot but if we lose and eventually drop out of the top four I won’t be as distraught thanks to winning the FA cup.I mean we’ve beaten you twice this season, you’re CL finalists and have £millions worth of talent in your squad. We’ve done remarkably well considering Madders is not 100% and we’ve lost key players like JJ and Barnes. 

Just don’t come and sign anymore of our players in the summer please......

Edited by Pliskin

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Further to earlier permutations.....

If my maths are correct, there is only a limited number of scenarios where GD could come into play for us.

With Chelsea:

- If we lose tonight, draw v. Spurs & Chelsea lose at Villa

- If we draw both our games & they beat Villa

With Liverpool:

- If we win 1 and lose 1, while they win both their games

- If we lose 1 and draw 1, while they win 1 and draw 1

- If we lose both, while they win 1 and lose 1

I think you missed one permutation where GD could come into play.

With Man Utd:

- If we win both our games, while they draw both of theirs

- If we win 1 and draw 1, while they lose both of theirs

Edited by WilmslowFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

We know how Chelsea operate. They bin managers off like no tomorrow when needed. Tuchel is as good as gone if he doesn’t win the CL final in my opinion. 

Could happen, lose the fa cup final, drop out of top 4 and then lose the CL final... you never know. Would be very harsh but that is what Chelsea are like. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Could happen, lose the fa cup final, drop out of top 4 and then lose the CL final... you never know. Would be very harsh but that is what Chelsea are like. 

I still think he would get 10-15 games of next season too. There are signs there that he can do well, the two wins over Man City were impressive. 

I expect them to come at us from the start trying to recover their pride.

That could play into our hands provided we counter quickly.

It will be just as close as Saturday with few Goals I expect.

I have a feeling it will end     1-1

Let's just hope we're ready for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We know how Chelsea operate. They bin managers off like no tomorrow when needed. Tuchel is as good as gone if he doesn’t win the CL final in my opinion. 

He's as good as gone if he wins it too...check Roberto Di Matteo

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

That would be amazing and a first for football. I know VAR are good, but are they THAT good?!  Maybe you lads can get another kitty together like you must have for last Saturday and make it happen so we can together eliminate the Scousers :D

7E12407B-E9CC-47C0-B284-B09912BBDD7F.png

35 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

it's not like that's the first debatable VAR decision we've seen this season

It wasn't debatable. It was clearly off. It wasn't even millimeters. I'm not a fan of how VAR has been implemented but if anything was to vindicate how VAR can be used to address on pitch refereeing error that was it. That was VAR doing its job. I think you probably don't actually care about the rules. 

• Like 3

Going to be very very hard to get anything from this in my opinion. We left everything on the pitch at Wembley both physically and emotionally and don't really have any way of freshening up the team. They, on the other hand, have 5 or 6 top class replacements who hardly played on Saturday.

Also though we won we actually created very little in terms of openings and it took a world class goal and a world class save to win the match.

Just not sure what we have left in the tank. Don't think we can start with two up front.

I'd take a draw right now if offered it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No chance.

39 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

And then who would they go for, hmm?

Don’t care how we do it, just hope we win this just so that Fuchs can have a last hurrah against spurs. Felt sorry for him that he was the only one of the remaining legends that didn’t get a run out on Saturday.

in front of our fans, what would you give to see one last left foot worldie special from him before he bows out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

The weight of being an Admin is on my shoulders :( Nah I do it to try to keep the forum ticking over sometimes it works and other times it sinks without notice.

Keep up the Good work..I Enjoy also other Left of Field topics you bring to the table (forum)...

Mind you...what does One expect from someone using, my favourite player as a Member name...:cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’m with Bert. Roman will be pulling Tuchel into his office saying we win that Final at ALL costs. That’s all he is bothered about now.

As an Israeli, Abramovich can now visit Britain visa-free but is not permitted to work or conduct business transactions. Does Chelsea count as work or business, or is it just a hobby?

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yep, literally zero chance. He's improved them no end since he took over without bringing in his own players. He'll be there next season even if they come 5th and lose the CL final.

Agree they'll most likely keep him on this summer, although a bad start to next season could see him gone by Christmas.