Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

Agreed and it’s not like the game needs anymore spice. 

Kasper

Riccy

Castagne

Fofana

Cags

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

I was just thinking about that exact team now wondering how you'd fit Barnes into the team if he was available.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I hope it doesn't become a thing because I won't be able to control myself when we get to the Champions League final.

I'm liking the 'when' in that sentence...

But agreed, has to be saved for the massive matches.

45 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Premier League clubs with a generational hatred for us:

1. Spurs
  2. Everton

In 24 hours we could add Chelsea to the list. :fc:

"How to Win Trophies and make Premier League Clubs Hate You" available in all good bookstores soon.

We are bigger than them both. 

14 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:
1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

Agreed and it’s not like the game needs anymore spice. 

Kasper

Riccy

Castagne

Fofana

Cags

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

I was just thinking about that exact team now wondering how you'd fit Barnes into the team if he was available.

You would drop Castagne from the three centrebacks and play 4-3-3. Only problem is that this shunts Vardy or Nacho out to the left. We are crying out for another wider attacker (well, two really incase one of them gets crocked).

Drop Nacho and put Praet in with Madders/Perez to beef up the midfield. We need someone like Praet tomorrow who's good at receiving and offloading the ball in tight spaces where Chelsea will try to squeeze all over the park. Switch from 3 to 4 as and when needed. 

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Drop Nacho and put Praet in with Madders/Perez to beef up the midfield. We need someone like Praet tomorrow who's good at receiving and offloading the ball in tight spaces where Chelsea will try to squeeze all over the park. Switch from 3 to 4 as and when needed. 

When was the last time Praet actually appeared in a match?  He’s basically Under-ed at this point.

1 hour ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

Can we close this thread which has become an anxiety fest? What will be will be. I'm not worried. Hoping for at least a point and the players will be up for it. Chelsea will miss out on CL. Come on you foxes!!

Being a Leicester City fan is a lifelong anxiety test - I speak from experience!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

You would drop Castagne from the three centrebacks and play 4-3-3. Only problem is that this shunts Vardy or Nacho out to the left. We are crying out for another wider attacker (well, two really incase one of them gets crocked).

Vardy's been excellent providing Kelechi from the left recently when he has been put there, mind you. We ended up with carbon copy goals against Southampton in the Semi then against West Brom.

Don't get me wrong, the standard of defensive opposition is pretty stark between those two and Chelsea, but he did cause them some grief when out wide on Saturday too. The difference was that Kelechi was sitting deeper than usual to be an extra body against their midfield block, which might well not be how they set up on Tuesday. I think there's a possibility that the chance for Vards to be provider could be there.

Edited by OntarioFox

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We’re running on fumes, with a small squad, Barnes, JJ and Evans out, Ünder seemingly disappeared, Ricardo and Maddison not fully fit, Vardy not quite his old self and Praet apparently out of favour and perhaps not back to his pre injury self. Compare that to Chelsea’s huge squad filled with luxury players and we’re up against it for this one.

Still, that was the case on Saturday, yet we still managed a result against the odds. The damage to our top 4 prospects was done earlier against Southampton, Newcastle and host of others earlier. But Liverpool and Chelsea could both point to their own banana skins.

Whatever happens now, an FA cup win, and a second successive finish in the top five means it’s been a hugely successful season, arguably fulfilling the owners pledge to make Leicester City a top 5 club in 5 years.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I thought it was top 4 in 4 years......!!!

The only so called promise/aspiration,I know that came from the Club (owners) was in the Promotion season, & After the title...

was we want & hope to be competing regularly for Top 6, within the Next few years ( The Promotion year,..I believe they said within 6-7 years)...

The only Top 4 quotes, came from within this forum....

I could be wrong..But I do tend to follow "club" statements quite closely...

@davieG  is also pretty sharpe in this aswell...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The only so called promise/aspiration,I know that came from the Club (owners) was in the Promotion season, & After the title...

was we want & hope to be competing regularly for Top 6, within the Next few years ( The Promotion year,..I believe they said within 6-7 years)...

...take a look at @WigstonWanderer embedded details after my post!!!

• Like 1

All set up for Vardy to bag 2 and win the game for us tht seals the champions league spot then will be partying again tonight all the way through until the game against spurs 

I’m pretty relaxed about tonight at the minute. Probably because I’ve convinced myself that we’ll go into the final day 5th.

However, fast forward to the 94th minute when Chilwell scores off his arse again and I may be back to beating up my sofa.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Aren’t they pathetic..... some absolutely mindless questions, yes Brendan managed to gather all of Tuchel’s plans for tonight from a two second hand shake.... Jesus wept.. no wonder British media is in the gutter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

:dunno: Obviously not sharp enough to know why you think that? Although I've not read any of this thread.