Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think eventually the offside rule will be revised to benefit VAR. I mean, I’m absolutely elated that it went in our favour, and doubly so it was Chilwell who was on the end of the result.... but I think a decision will need to be made as to what they feel the threshold is for offside. I mean, splitting hairs and all he was offside, so VAR did its job. 

Naturally you’ll be annoyed, but in reality should you have finished us off without that? The amount of talent you have in your squad you probably should have.... obviously I’ve not seen every Chelsea game, but it seems to me like you’re doing a bit of a Wenger Arsenal sometimes? Over passing and not enough cutting edge? Going to be a tough game tonight, call me tinpot but if we lose and eventually drop out of the top four I won’t be as distraught thanks to winning the FA cup.I mean we’ve beaten you twice this season, you’re CL finalists and have £millions worth of talent in your squad. We’ve done remarkably well considering Madders is not 100% and we’ve lost key players like JJ and Barnes. 

Just don’t come and sign anymore of our players in the summer please......

I think it's not possible to say whether that decision or indeed countless others (Kane recently?) was definitively offside. From a Chelsea perspective we're pretty annoyed that the frame VAR chose to use as being the definitive moment shows the ball already travelling from Silva's foot. If a frame only milliseconds before was used who's to say that Chilly would have then been on? It's a very unsatisfactory tool atm, notwithstanding that if I were a Leicester fan I'd not have a bad word to say about it!

We are over-playing sometimes imho. But then again I'm not a pro coach so what do I know.

I think you guys should absolutely be very pleased with the FA Cup regardless. Please don't mistake this comment as being in any way patronising - you have as much right to finish in the CL places as us (maybe more seeing as you're above us atm). I read a comment from another lad here who mentioned that it might not be such a bad idea to set your sights on the Europa next season, and I'd tend to agree. Money aside, it's unlikely any team who haven't paid their dues for several years in the CL is going to win it straight off, so why not make a proper go of it in the Europa?  Anyway, you lads are in the luxurious position of having that Europa berth in the bag already, so why not go for broke and make top four - nothing to lose and everything to gain!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ASHCFC said:

Let's hope for a great game that isn't decided by a digital geometry set.

Nah not having that ..  the game was decided by the most amazing brilliant crackerjack of a goal that you are ever likely to witness ..  :)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

It wasn't debatable. It was clearly off. It wasn't even millimeters. I'm not a fan of how VAR has been implemented but if anything was to vindicate how VAR can be used to address on pitch refereeing error that was it. That was VAR doing its job. I think you probably don't actually care about the rules. 

To say 'it was clearly off' is a bit embarrassing to be honest fella. No need to get antagonistic really. It's in the books now and you've won the cup. No need to try to claim the moral high ground also when all you base that on is 'I'm right, you're wrong, you don't care about the rules.' Wind yourself in mate.

I expect Perez and Evans to drop out with Maddison and Albrighton filling in. Otherwise unchanged.

I think Chelsea will have our number today but it is good going into a game knowing we are not under pressure to win. A win would of course see us over the line but a draw would be a fantastic result too. Would 100% take a draw if offered now.

We must frustrate Chelsea as long as possible. Kante will run the show as normal, let's hope the rest of their team are as lacklustre and wasteful as Saturday though.

1 minute ago, ASHCFC said:

To say 'it was clearly off' is a bit embarrassing to be honest fella. No need to get antagonistic really. It's in the books now and you've won the cup. No need to try to claim the moral high ground also when all you base that on is 'I'm right, you're wrong, you don't care about the rules.' Wind yourself in mate.

I do love fans from other clubs coming on here and it’s nice to see.  Unfortunately it would have been given if VAR hadn’t existed but finally we have got our own back for Erland Johnsen’s despicable dive all of those years ago 😉

• Like 2

Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I do love fans from other clubs coming on here and it’s nice to see.  Unfortunately it would have been given if VAR hadn’t existed but finally we have got our own back for Erland Johnsen’s despicable dive all of those years ago 😉

I appreciate the huge number of friendly people here. It's a credit to your club imho. As I've already said on another post, personal sadness aside I'm well pleased for Leicester and their owners.

• Like 4

Mrs. FFF just asked me how stressed I'll be tonight,  'Will it be like Saturday' she said.

On a scale of 1 -10, she estimated I was 10++.

I've assured her it'll be no more than 6.

After the cup final she then lectured me like a naughty child saying, Don't you ever, and I mean EVER, let me hear you criticise VAR again

• Haha 3

Just now, ASHCFC said:

I appreciate the huge number of friendly people here. It's a credit to your club imho. As I've already said on another post, personal sadness aside I'm well pleased for Leicester and their owners.

Cheers fella, hope you make top four too at the expense of the scousers.  Wife, Father in Law and my kids are all Chelski but were gracious in defeat and congratulated me.  At least they’re not Spuds fans and be bottle jobs.

We don’t really have a rivalry, just Cov that despise us but we don’t care about them!

1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Cheers fella, hope you make top four too at the expense of the scousers.  Wife, Father in Law and my kids are all Chelski but were gracious in defeat and congratulated me.  At least they’re not Spuds fans and be bottle jobs.

We don’t really have a rivalry, just Cov that despise us but we don’t care about them!

I've always liked to think that since we stopped the Spuds and confirmed your league win we've had some sort of affinity. It was my all time favourite draw - ensuring the Spuds failed was like a win tbh :clap:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

I think it's not possible to say whether that decision or indeed countless others (Kane recently?) was definitively offside. From a Chelsea perspective we're pretty annoyed that the frame VAR chose to use as being the definitive moment shows the ball already travelling from Silva's foot. If a frame only milliseconds before was used who's to say that Chilly would have then been on? It's a very unsatisfactory tool atm, notwithstanding that if I were a Leicester fan I'd not have a bad word to say about it!

We are over-playing sometimes imho. But then again I'm not a pro coach so what do I know.

I think you guys should absolutely be very pleased with the FA Cup regardless. Please don't mistake this comment as being in any way patronising - you have as much right to finish in the CL places as us (maybe more seeing as you're above us atm). I read a comment from another lad here who mentioned that it might not be such a bad idea to set your sights on the Europa next season, and I'd tend to agree. Money aside, it's unlikely any team who haven't paid their dues for several years in the CL is going to win it straight off, so why not make a proper go of it in the Europa?  Anyway, you lads are in the luxurious position of having that Europa berth in the bag already, so why not go for broke and make top four - nothing to lose and everything to gain!

I watched the final back in full. And there were definitely several occasions where a more simply pass would probably have cut us open. Mount seemed to be guilty of it a few times, trying too hard maybe? 

Yes it was a ridiculously tight call, and I can appreciate much harder to take then a clear offside. 

Yea, I’d take EL in some ways as we could probably genuinely win that with a slightly deeper squad. I guess our worry is the likes of Youri, Fofana and Barnes et al, will end up wanting to leave for CL football. We’re at that strange crossroads where we are balancing on the edge of the top six but perhaps not quite there yet. Either way we’ve had another great season, but it would be a real shame to drop out of the top four again, when we’ve spent nearly two years in it! 

FWIW.... I saw Chilwell making the run in real time and was whincing because I could see it was trouble. And when it went in I didn't think for a minute it was offside. But when I saw the first replay and freeze frame I said to the wife (who didn't give a monkeys incidentally) "I think he's off you know". Of course it needed the geometry set to confirm but my instinct was it was off. We got lucky don't get me wrong on account it was a great cross and run and we didn't deal with it. But it was offside.

AND... it was runs just like this that were always such pot luck whether it would get called correctly or not So at least now it's not a flip of a coin even if such small margins are or seem to be contentious.

3 minutes ago, Yes said:

What frame are they supposed to use? 

In this case even on the frame before there’s contact on the ball looks like he’s off. Shame really these pictures didn’t do the rounds more to stop the meltdown.

DD303238-F541-4499-B567-E8574D4A25AE.jpeg

No point in debating this. If you think that somehow your image settles any debate then you're struggling fella. I'm not here to be drawn into a debate over VAR. I merely said that 'from a Chelsea perspective' we questioned the frame. Using your image, you can see that Silva is already on the 'upswing' and no player strikes a ball in front of him like that. When there are fine margins the frame chosen can be critical. Lots of fans and pundits have made the same point this season with many debatable VAR decisions.

It's been really nice to chat with some top Leicester lads here. Please don't spoil it by trying to get all tribal and pick an argument with me. It's done now. Enjoy the moment!

8 minutes ago, Yes said:

What frame are they supposed to use? 

In this case even on the frame before there’s contact on the ball looks like he’s off. Shame really these pictures didn’t do the rounds more to stop the meltdown.

DD303238-F541-4499-B567-E8574D4A25AE.jpeg

I swear it is really easy to see that Chilwell’s shoulder is much closer to the “green line” on the pitch than Cags is to the line of the box, and is a really obvious offside, especially compared to some of the more controversial ones this season where it is done by a toe nail

Also makes me laugh all the Chelsea fans crying about the “handball” by Perez which shows they clearly don’t know how to read the rules

2 minutes ago, ourla said:

FWIW.... I saw Chilwell making the run in real time and was whincing because I could see it was trouble. And when it went in I didn't think for a minute it was offside. But when I saw the first replay and freeze frame I said to the wife (who didn't give a monkeys incidentally) "I think he's off you know". Of course it needed the geometry set to confirm but my instinct was it was off. We got lucky don't get me wrong on account it was a great cross and run and we didn't deal with it. But it was offside.

AND... it was runs just like this that were always such pot luck whether it would get called correctly or not So at least now it's not a flip of a coin even if such small margins are or seem to be contentious.

Fair shout. You are absolutely right that it was exactly the type of run that would be 50/50 pre VAR. Whether or not these geometry decisions are good for football or represent the spirit of the game is a whole different debate, but either way it went the way it went and if the same decision had ensured a Chelsea victory I'd not be losing too much sleep over it!

As for tonight's game... really tough one to call...

Chelsea under a lot of pressure to get a win but we are not without some pressure either.

Can only imagine it will be as cagey and tight as on Saturday. 0-0 wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, ASHCFC said:

You should certainly not be in the least bit sorry sir. Thems the breaks. However, the fact of the matter was that the lino didn't call it off - VAR did. Anyway, it's not like that's the first debatable VAR decision we've seen this season. It's the rules we all have to play by now unitl some clever spark refines the system to stop offside being about millimetres, which I for one don't think it should be.

Well said. Every club has suffered from these microscopic decisions . There just has to be a better way !

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Back to tonight 

chelsea aren’t going to fire a blank for a third consecutive game so we will need to score at least two if we want a win 

probably at least two for a point i reckon 

Can I introduce you to… Timo Werner?

Block everyone else and just let him have the ball, easy

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

One too many beers? Or are you talking about another VAR decision?

By VAR standards that was a easy call a few people even called it in real time apparently I wasn't one of them personally but I think the importance of the goal kinds of blurs the line sure it was close but it's offside by any modern era's rules.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

No moral high-ground to be had. It was clearly off side by the naked eye on the freeze frame. No real need to get the lines out. There's none of the dubious suggestion of subjectivity that we hate. Basically the thing we all want. The fact you STILL can't accept that is what's embarrassing. You sound like a fan who's bias makes you blind to basic facts. That's fine we all do it some times, including me during a match, but I don't go on the opposition's forum days later and bang on about it. If you cared about rules this isn't the hill to fight on.

I'm a fella? You know this how?