Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

14 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I can't see Rodgers risking Amartey. More likely Castagne as one of the back three and Albrighton or Ricardo at wing back.

I agree withthis. I don't think Amartey is good enough on the ball, especially with the way Chelsea press. Depending on Ricardo's fitness I would play Ricardo at Wing Back in front of Castagne. Albrighton if Ricardo is not fit enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

lol I've just finished a nightshift. I couldn't work out why I had to put Maddison on the left, was staring at it for ages.

Maddison central with Perez, I guess, wide.

I'd keep the two N'didi's but bring Guppy in on the left 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I can't see anything other than a win for us to be honest. The lads will have gone away, had an alka-seltzer on Sunday and back in training and focussed on Monday morning. Rodgers will have told them they can party as hard as they want (looking at Maddison) after this coming weekend. Now they have to go and complete the job.

Chelsea are dazed, Tuchel will make another raft of changes today, no settled line-up for three matches now as he chases that elusive win, and we will be to strong for them.

0-2 Leicester, Tielemans and Nacho

Beating Chelsea 3 times this season would be incredible, especially given they are in the CL final. I do have a good feeling about today

Edited by foxes_rule1978

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Huge pressure on Chelsea, let's see of they can cope for once instead of us. I am somewhat relaxed/can't bring myself to think about it.

These last 2 wins have been dug out at a time when we were being trumped up as the next Spurs. Whatever happens, as we had shown for the last few months when we wobbled, we are improving our mental strength and its been a sensational season.

Go out on your sword Leicester, we can do this.

I just pray they didn't overdo the celebrating, doesn't take that many beers to make you not close to your normal levels! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of confident fans here...I'm not quite the same. I think they can freshen up their team a lot more than ours.

I obviously want top 4 but tbh the final on Saturday was amazing....if it means we finish 5th and FA cup winners, that's more than acceptable.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got back to 1 up top. Vardy for 60 mins and then bring Kel on. Said it before but Kel has never started this many games in a row and is starting to look a tiny bit leggy.

• Like 2

I don't think you can question our grit and ability to perform under pressure, but we will no doubt need a slice of luck too. It could make the difference. Hope the Football Gods are with us one more time :sweating:

• Like 1

I expect we'll lose.  They have a bigger squad available, they'll have their fans in the stadium, and they should want to get the better of us after the cup final.  Hopefully not a heavy defeat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I expect we'll lose.  They have a bigger squad available, they'll have their fans in the stadium, and they should want to get the better of us after the cup final.  Hopefully not a heavy defeat.

That’s the spirit.

• Haha 1

Before Cup final I thought we looked a little shaky, but we managed to get a result at Man Unit and obviously bagging the big one.

They will be on cloud 9, no way could their confidence have dipped since Saturday. I'm hoping for a big performance tonight.

Last time i predicted a result we lost... So I'll just say this. This game is very much in our hands. These lot ain't man city. They're beatable though it won't be easy. 

• Like 1

I have read Tuchels explanation regarding leaving Abraham out of the squad for the final, already had forwards on bench etc, wouldn't be surprised to see a completely refreshed front line, the likes of Abraham, Havertz and Pulisic with Mount just behind. Similarly should we look at Maddison, Ricardo, Praet for freshness? Love Albrighton but if Chilwell plays should we opt for a defensive wing back instead which would be Ricardo or Castagne with someone else at CB?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I have read Tuchels explanation regarding leaving Abraham out of the squad for the final, already had forwards on bench etc, wouldn't be surprised to see a completely refreshed front line, the likes of Abraham, Havertz and Pulisic with Mount just behind. Similarly should we look at Maddison, Ricardo, Praet for freshness? Love Albrighton but if Chilwell plays should we opt for a defensive wing back instead which would be Ricardo or Castagne with someone else at CB?

Attack chillwell, he ain’t gonna be pushing forward if he’s got Ricardo and castagne to chase

• Like 1

Pogba on Kante:

"He's the most beloved player in the history of football. You've got to love him, you cannot hate him, it is not possible. He is humble, kind, professional. He will never complain, he will work.

He's got everything. He's good technically, with a good passing quality, and he's everywhere on the pitch. I even say he appears out of the ground! You don't see him, and — poof — he's out! He gets the ball, he has the finish. He's everywhere.

"To have a player like that by your side, what more can you ask for?'"

Needless to say if he misses out tomorrow, that would be a nice gift for us.

Edited by Deeg67