Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

24 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I expect we'll lose.  They have a bigger squad available, they'll have their fans in the stadium, and they should want to get the better of us after the cup final.  Hopefully not a heavy defeat.

They need to win two games and we only need to win one, tonight.

31 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

we haven't actually played that well for the previous 4 games (despite some obviously great results haha) so hopefully we're due a good performance tonight

To be fair at this stage of this its all about result, rather play rubbish and win then play brilliant and lose!

I can’t decide if having just beaten them gives the upper or lower hand psychologically.

I think this game is one of the least predictable of the season, can see both teams winning. Going to go down the middle and predict a draw, we have a great away record, and good record vs Chelsea in general over the past few seasons. 

Hopefully the boys are absolutely flying and go into tonight with no fear. Don’t expect us to get a result to be honest I assume chelsea will want to kill us, but you never know. The wheels might come off for chelsea at the business end of the season. Lost Saturday, if they get beat tonight that’ll be them done for top 4, and then they got Man City in CL final. Could lose all three 

• Like 1

So it's only home fans there tonight right? Vardy to rediscover where the goal is and stand, grinning and bathed in boos, as bottles and coins rain down around him, having just completed a hat trick? 

• Haha 1

we want top 4 but let's be honest, we've won the FA cup (!!!!) and we're going on a european tour next season. Feels like a free hit to me and hopefully the players have a similarly relaxed attitude. Counting on Brendan to get this one right tonight.

Did hear Rob on the O&C pod that Brendan made sure they all went home nice and early on Saturday, no slacking off just yet

(Home beer consumption numbers are currently unavailable)

• Haha 2

Abraham is a threat ngl. He's that type of player who can score against us. Not because i like him but i still see him as a threat. Got to watch out for him. I've called him bamby on ice before because that's what he is but for some reason players like him (for example, crouch) always seem to score against us. 

Edited by NasPb
  • Haha 1

looking at Chelsea's last 5 games TT tends to rotate 3-4 players each time even between the big games. Havertz, Pulisic  Chilwell and  Kovacic (just back from injury) will probably come in for this one with James moving to right wing back. Hopefully these lot will fall apart after the recent defeats just like they did earlier in the year. 

Guest bennytwohats
29 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I can’t decide if having just beaten them gives the upper or lower hand psychologically.

I think this game is one of the least predictable of the season, can see both teams winning. Going to go down the middle and predict a draw, we have a great away record, and good record vs Chelsea in general over the past few seasons. 

I feel the same way. At times convince myself we’ve got the upper hand, at times the opposite.

Think it’s on a knife edge tbh, and a draw would be a fantastic result for us as it leaves it in our hands last day of the season.

Going to be a long day!

I'm predicting lots of swings this week.

Chelsea slam us 5-1 tonight.

Burnley beat liverpool 3-1.

We beat spurs on the final day with a comfortabl victory and and celebrate wrapping up Champions league qualification in front of our fans.

Think we have the psychological edge tonight. Beat them twice already so nothing to fear but our own lack of focus and complacency.

I have a feeling that Tuchel keeping the player's out on the pitch whilst we received the trophy and celebrated might back fire. Watching the footage on the TV their players looked absolutely destroyed and lots simply couldn't watch. A team with real grit and determination would have studied us like a hawk and committed those images to memory to unlease tonight but instead all I saw amongst the Chelsea player's was embarrassment and self pity. 

My only real concern is how our players handle playing in front of a home crowd particularly if it's tight in the closing stages, Chelsea step it up a gear, and the fans respond in kind. 

Big game but the weekends events have completely changed my outlook on the situation so I won't be too disappointed if things don't go our way tonight, after all we have a nice shiny piece of silverware to go home to. 

Edited by ian__marshall