Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Well said. Every club has suffered from these microscopic decisions . There just has to be a better way !

That's what it was designed for, to get the microscopic decisions right. I know it can seem frustrating at times.

But if people just accept the decisions and move on then it won't feel as bad.

To work it has to be onside or offside, That's the simplicity of it.

• Like 2

Why are we responding to this Chelsea fan? Came on here claiming they saved football and now got his knickers in a twist over VAR. 

Waste of time. Stick to your own forum pal, we don’t care.

• Like 1

Perez neither scored it nor assisted it. That's why it wasn't rule out - that's my understanding. 

5 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

According to the FA laws of the game handbook, handball is given if “after the ball has touched their or a team-mates hand/arm, even if accidental, [a side] immediately”:

“Scores in the opponent’s goal”  

or

“creates a goalscoring opportunity”.

The laws continue:

“Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a players hand/arm”:

“Directly from the players own head or body (including the foot)”

And doesn't this show that the rules say it shouldn't be handball? Since the ball came off his leg and then hit his hand? 

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

That's what it was designed for, to get the microscopic decisions right. I know it can seem frustrating at times.

What are the specifics of the 'Wenger' rule change for next season out of curiosity?

I am of course delighted that VAR chalked their goal off, but in an ideal world of rule interpretation i'd want the lines drawn at feet. In which case, the goal probably stands. Chillwell is off because he's leaning into his run. Calling offside based on chest position does strike me as picky - you aren't using your chest to chase the ball, and it also introduces ambiguity where the position of arms are concerned and having to judge what is and isn't a 'ball playing' part of the body.

Lines at feet would only really become a problem in the one-in-a-million scenario where someone is already airborne for a diving header, with their body off but feet on, at the time the ball is played. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

What are the specifics of the 'Wenger' rule change for next season out of curiosity?

I am of course delighted that VAR chalked their goal off, but in an ideal world of rule interpretation i'd want the lines drawn at feet. In which case, the goal probably stands. Chillwell is off because he's leaning into his run. Calling offside based on chest position does strike me as picky - you aren't using your chest to chase the ball, and it also introduces ambiguity where the position of arms are concerned and having to judge what is and isn't a 'ball playing' part of the body.

Lines at feet would only really become a problem in the one-in-a-million scenario where someone is already airborne for a diving header, with their body off but feet on, at the time the ball is played. :P

These were my thoughts. Hence why when playing players will hold their feet back to appear/ stay onside. Rather than worrying about their arm position. 

• Like 2

Frustrating having Barnes out for this (and all the other games he's missed). His pace against a side that will need to be on the front foot, baring an early goal, would be invaluable.

Our attacking options off the bench are still pretty average due to the injury and form of Barnes and Under. Whoever doesn't start out of Perez and Maddison is the only real attacking change we can make. Those who have come in since the injury have been fantastic in the most part, particularly Iheanacho, but it would be nice to have the option to mix things up if and when required. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

No it wasn't. It was brought in to correct 'clear and obvious' errors - the huge clangers. I don't think anyone really wanted it to be this forensic. Still, I'm not complaining after Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Frustrating having Barnes out for this (and all the other games he's missed). His pace against a side that will need to be on the front foot, baring an early goal, would be invaluable.

Our attacking options off the bench are still pretty average due to the injury and form of Barnes and Under. Whoever doesn't start out of Perez and Maddison is the only real attacking change we can make. Those who have come in since the injury have been fantastic in the most part, particularly Iheanacho, but it would be nice to have the option to mix things up if and when required. 

You’re right. We need more from the attacking players, including Vardy. Kelechi’s form and Youri’s absolute rocket has practically made our season.going forward-  Vardy Perez Maddison can even Chuck Albrighton in there we need a big effort tonight then against Spurs. 

41 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

By VAR standards that was a easy call a few people even called it in real time apparently I wasn't one of them personally but I think the importance of the goal kinds of blurs the line sure it was close but it's offside by any modern era's rules.

Oh I agree entirely, however it occurred on Saturday and not Sunday. Hence my post 😂

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

You’re right. We need more from the attacking players, including Vardy. Kelechi’s form and Youri’s absolute rocket has practically made our season.going forward-  Vardy Perez Maddison can even Chuck Albrighton in there we need a big effort tonight then against Spurs. 

Won't be necessary against Spurs if we win tonight.

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No it wasn't. It was brought in to correct 'clear and obvious' errors - the huge clangers. I don't think anyone really wanted it to be this forensic. Still, I'm not complaining after Saturday.

So where is the line drawn 2 inches 6 inches. The point is it cannot be arbitrary. It has to be either onside or offside.

The sooner everyone realizes that there will be less questioning of it.

It's working fine right now.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I expect Perez and Evans to drop out with Maddison and Albrighton filling in. Otherwise unchanged.

I think Chelsea will have our number today but it is good going into a game knowing we are not under pressure to win. A win would of course see us over the line but a draw would be a fantastic result too. Would 100% take a draw if offered now.

We must frustrate Chelsea as long as possible. Kante will run the show as normal, let's hope the rest of their team are as lacklustre and wasteful as Saturday though.

Perez needs to stay in we better with him in the team.

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Abraham’s in hot water, his missus was posting crap about tuchel and chelsea 

all over social media over the weekend. doubt he’ll start for them again under tuchel.

Not exactly his fault though. 

I'd take him at Leicester this summer!

Just now, Dickov22 said:

Not exactly his fault though. 

I'd take him at Leicester this summer!

No but if he was out of favour already then done him no favours! If tuchel isn’t a fan he can just use that as an excuse now. 

Im not sure I would. For 40-45 mil I think we can spend our cash better elsewhere. No doubt he’s a big goal threat though, he’ll score goals next club he joins 100%