Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

I absolutely want it done ASAP, but it has been a while since we had some final day drama go our way. The Forest 3-2 game in 2013 being the last and the Izzet goal v Watford before that? A lot of our successes have been done in advance of the final game or two in recent years. Any other final day drama has been less favourable (Stoke away and United at home last season, not that they're remotely comparable emotionally) 

I am worried that it'll be after a touch of after the Lord Mayor's show tonight, but we'll see. Another game of the first goal being huge. If we get it and frustrate them for a period afterwards then the crowd and players could lose patience, but if we concede it then Tuchel will likely rinse the life out of the game. 

Don’t know if a team sheet has been put out yet , we don’t get much down under .would it be better to rotate the team and play for a draw , leave YOURI and Wilfred  on the bench and have them fresh for the Spurs game . But I quess the boss would ask them if there ready to go , and with only to games to go maybe they can do it two more times for us . 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

:dunno: Obviously not sharp enough to know why you think that? Although I've not read any of this thread.

Your the goto ( for me)...you are quick to post statements from the club, or from club-site..:)..

• Like 1

Neither team is short of motivation, and they are a wounded animal. Could be a bad or good thing. Neither team will be under estimating the other, and with so much on the line I think it will be another cagey affair with one goal, or nothing at all, to separate the teams

Edited by FoxesWalk

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A heavy defeat would mean Sunday is v difficult indeed assuming Liverpool don’t lose to Burnley …. A narrow defeat keeps it exciting as we would need a decent win against Spurs to keep us in the mix rather than an impossible one 

I see your point, but the difference is marginal, isn't it?

Worst-case scenario on the last day is that we're 1 point behind Chelsea with a worse GD and behind Liverpool on GD.......so, even if we lose, both the others would still go into the last game needing a win.

Last-match standings if we lose by 1 goal and Liverpool beat Burnley by 1 goal:

3. Chelsea 67pts, +23 GD

4. Liverpool 66pts, +22 GD

5. Leicester 66pts, +20 GD

Last-match standings if we lose 11-0 and Liverpool win 11-0

3. Chelsea 67pts, +33 GD

4. Liverpool 66pts, +32 GD

5. Leicester 66pts, +10 GD

....i.e. even under an extreme scenario, we'd still be very much in contention & a simple win v. Spurs would suffice if either of others failed to win

Even under the first, 1-goal scenario, if it came down to GD we'd have to make up 2 goals on Liverpool or 3 goals on Chelsea (depending on goals scored)....already a big ask.

Anyway, hopefully we win and Agent Wood does his job tomorrow, allowing Ginger Mourinho to gloat about winning despite a lack of poundnotes. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Your the goto ( for me)...you are quick to post statements from the club, or from club-site..:)..

The weight of being an Admin is on my shoulders :( Nah I do it to try to keep the forum ticking over sometimes it works and other times it sinks without notice.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Don’t know if a team sheet has been put out yet , we don’t get much down under .would it be better to rotate the team and play for a draw , leave YOURI and Wilfred  on the bench and have them fresh for the Spurs game . But I quess the boss would ask them if there ready to go , and with only to games to go maybe they can do it two more times for us . 

We can't afford to rotate, we may as well forfeit and give them the 3-0 if we rotate.

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I see your point, but the difference is marginal, isn't it?

Worst-case scenario on the last day is that we're 1 point behind Chelsea with a worse GD and behind Liverpool on GD.......so, even if we lose, both the others would still go into the last game needing a win.

Last-match standings if we lose by 1 goal and Liverpool beat Burnley by 1 goal:

3. Chelsea 67pts, +23 GD

4. Liverpool 66pts, +22 GD

5. Leicester 66pts, +20 GD

Last-match standings if we lose 11-0 and Liverpool win 11-0

3. Chelsea 67pts, +33 GD

4. Liverpool 66pts, +32 GD

5. Leicester 66pts, +10 GD

....i.e. even under an extreme scenario, we'd still be very much in contention & a simple win v. Spurs would suffice if either of others failed to win

Even under the first, 1-goal scenario, if it came down to GD we'd have to make up 2 goals on Liverpool or 3 goals on Chelsea (depending on goals scored)....already a big ask.

Anyway, hopefully we win and Agent Wood does his job tomorrow, allowing Ginger Mourinho to gloat about winning despite a lack of poundnotes. :D

If it does come down to GD I wonder how many people will still be lauding Rodgers for us "controlling games" by going at 6 at the back when the opposition were there for the taking :D

The Bookies dont have much faith in us tonight, they make Chelsea 7/10 favourites and us 9/2, incredible odds when you think we've just beaten them and 2 nil earlier in the season! I've had a £5 win double on Leicester and Lazio at home to Torino. The last of the great gamblers 🤣.

Bookies rarely wrong but I think that's a bit steep. Don't know what our team will be with possible injuries fatigue etc. Could possibly see Morgan or Armarty at centre half with Ricardo and Castagne on the right and Thomas and Albrighton left? There'll be a few tired legs but also the knowledge that if they win this, it defines the whole season! There again, let's be honest, if at the start of the season someone offered 5th, Europa League next year and an FA Cup, I personally would have snatched their hands off. Its Tuesday and we're still FA Cup winners!

If an ambitious young player in the summer can't see the potential benefits of being on the Leicester City journey then perhaps we're best off without them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The Bookies dont have much faith in us tonight, they make Chelsea 7/10 favourites and us 9/2, incredible odds when you think we've just beaten them and 2 nil earlier in the season! I've had a £5 win double on Leicester and Lazio at home to Torino. The last of the great gamblers 🤣.

Bookies rarely wrong but I think that's a bit steep. Don't know what our team will be with possible injuries fatigue etc. Could possibly see Morgan or Armarty at centre half with Ricardo and Castagne on the right and Thomas and Albrighton left? There'll be a few tired legs but also the knowledge that if they win this, it defines the whole season! There again, let's be honest, if at the start of the season someone offered 5th, Europa League next year and an FA Cup, I personally would have snatched their hands off. Its Tuesday and we're still FA Cup winners!

If an ambitious young player in the summer can't see the potential benefits of being on the Leicester City journey then perhaps we're best off without them.

Some really good points. I suspect the bookies have assumed we've gone on the piss, and I doubt that's been the case.

• Like 3

Three teams vying for two places .... and I think most people would say we are third favourites on paper. Thankfully, this team/club has a history of defying odds. We go all-in tonight and then that’s our season done. This is it. THE game. Two years in the making, but tonight we have destiny in our own hands, once more. JFDI you fabulous Foxes!!! 

• Like 1

Further to earlier permutations.....

If my maths are correct, there is only a limited number of scenarios where GD could come into play for us.

With Chelsea:

- If we lose tonight, draw v. Spurs & Chelsea lose at Villa

- If we draw both our games & they beat Villa

With Liverpool:

- If we win 1 and lose 1, while they win both their games

- If we lose 1 and draw 1, while they win 1 and draw 1

- If we lose both, while they win 1 and lose 1

59 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did hear Rob on the O&C pod that Brendan made sure they all went home nice and early on Saturday, no slacking off just yet

(Home beer consumption numbers are currently unavailable)

I saw a couple of pictures of a few players not looking the best, not going to name names. But, it got me a tad worried.

Still pictures son't tell the full story though.

• Sad 1

this is more than just a game for a champions league place i could potentially see a few players leaving if we don't qualify this year. I expect offers will come in for the likes of Cags, Ndidi, Little Wes and Tielemans in the summer

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

A heavy defeat would mean Sunday is v difficult indeed assuming Liverpool don’t lose to Burnley …. A narrow defeat keeps it exciting as we would need a decent win against Spurs to keep us in the mix rather than an impossible one 

Any defeat ends it for us realistically. 

We absolutely cannot lose this game. A draw is OK, though it would be dangerous to approach it with that attitude.

But if we lose we're almost certainly out of it unless Liverpool drop points. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I saw a couple of pictures of a few players not looking the best, not going to name names. But, it got me a tad worried.

A fair few of them don't drink though at all so I think we should be OK. 

23 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I thought Chelsea were a bit long tbh. If I was a bookie I'd have been pricing them at around 2/5 tonight :D

6 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

this is more than just a game for a champions league place i could potentially see a few players leaving if we don't qualify this year. I expect offers will come in for the likes of Cags, Ndidi, Little Wes and Tielemans in the summer

That could still happen even with champions league football. If the player longs to play at a massive club and one of them comes in, whether we have champions league football or not, they are likely to want to go. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

A fair few of them don't drink though at all so I think we should be OK. 

I was going to say it's mostly the English lads I worry about, the foreign players generally aren't drinkers. 

The bookies aren’t assuming anything. They are just reflecting the market.

If we’re long odds to win tonight then it’s because the punters don’t think we’re going to do it. To be honest if I was a neutral supporter I’d be going for a Chelsea win after the cup final loss, but obviously really hope to be wrong 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Urgh, cannot blame them, but a concern for sure.

34 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Chelsea will celebrate goals tonight like they've just won the Champions League after losing the Cup final. 

Top 4 is their priority. Its going to be very difficult for us tonight. 

Champions league final is their priority. They’ll know having beaten Man City twice in three weeks they can do so again. 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We can't afford to rotate, we may as well forfeit and give them the 3-0 if we rotate.

If it does come down to GD I wonder how many people will still be lauding Rodgers for us "controlling games" by going at 6 at the back when the opposition were there for the taking :D

Can promise you if we miss out on goal difference nobody will be talking about us failing to score more in our wins, and absolutely everyone will be talking about Newcastle and Southampton.