Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

1 hour ago, Yes said:

What frame are they supposed to use? 

In this case even on the frame before there’s contact on the ball looks like he’s off. Shame really these pictures didn’t do the rounds more to stop the meltdown.

DD303238-F541-4499-B567-E8574D4A25AE.jpeg

Using that particular frame where it's one before the ball is struck, it's incredibly tight.. even when they were reviewing the goal, I wasn't totally confident that it would be chalked off... but it was.

1. I hate VAR and would love it binned.

2. However, on the BBC Comms they talked about the offside in mm. Definitely considerably more than that. Was a great ball and run, but he went too early. This wasn't a hairs breadth one.

I hope the players are more up for this than I am. 

That's the problem with the cup final being played before the season ends, I kinda feel that the season is done and I'll be happy whatever happens now.

Having said that, I firmly believe that most of the pressure is on Chelsea. Not because of the result at the weekend but because finishing 5th for them will be seen as a failure, especially if the go on the lose the champions league final.

Although it would kind if mirror the fall from grace of last season 5th for us with the fa cup in the bag is still a fantastic season.

It's Chelsea's move tonight, and that could play into our hands 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Using that particular frame where it's one before the ball is struck, it's incredibly tight.. even when they were reviewing the goal, I wasn't totally confident that it would be chalked off... but it was.

Castagne ball watching , don't do it tonight. Chilwell's sneaky runs are dangerous.

• Like 1

Not feeling optimistic … but I just checked the number of likes for @HighPeakFox ‘s OP, and there’s reason for hope.

60% of Ric’s ask worked a treat in the Cup final, and that’s about where we are going into this one.

Gotta hit that sweet spot between greed and humility.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

A heavy defeat would mean Sunday is v difficult indeed assuming Liverpool don’t lose to Burnley …. A narrow defeat keeps it exciting as we would need a decent win against Spurs to keep us in the mix rather than an impossible one 

Forget GD, if it goes to that we'll lose.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Any defeat ends it for us realistically. 

We absolutely cannot lose this game. A draw is OK, though it would be dangerous to approach it with that attitude.

But if we lose we're almost certainly out of it unless Liverpool drop points. 

Not at all, lose tonight still forces Chelsea to win away at Villa to keep it in their hands.

• Like 1

Ashamed to say but my full enjoyment of the FA Cup win depends on us getting top 4. Just wish that had been the final game of the season.

Strange one tonight in that it's kind of must win and most not lose. Be interesting to see the approach if it's level with 10 to go. I'd take a point and pray for a Burnley win tomorrow.

God this game is gonna be tight!

i just hope our boys have enough left in the tank after wembley. Both mentally and physically. Chelski is gonna come at us hard and fast and the attacks will be relentless.

we may try to contain it but if we can’t get the ball to Vardy and nacho we will get suffocated.

im sure Rogers is expecting a barrage so what he does he do do? Sit back and soak it up and hit on the break or try to win possession back?

another nerve jangling match I’m not sure I can handle. I’ve predicted at best a hard fought draw in fact I see a lot of score draws today for some reason. Of course I pray for a miracle and a win. Just don’t know. Will miss Evans badly for his big game calmness. COYF like Bowie said “you can be heroes just for 1 day”

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Castagne ball watching , don't do it tonight. Chilwell's sneaky runs are dangerous.

Albrighton.  Castagne is nearest to us on that photo along the back line (no.27)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He looked so much like the old Vardy on Saturday.

He thrives on the abuse he receives from the opposition and gives as good as he gets.

Let's hope he gets back among the Goals tonight.

I think Vardy's biggest Steptoe grin of the whole day was when Reece James pushed him over.  He loves it.  I think he especially enjoyed that revenge scythe tackle on James towards the end.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Even before the final I always thought whoever wins the FA cup losses the next game . That's what normally happens right ? :ph34r:

Yeah, reminds me of the Spurs game after they beat us in The League Cup Final.  Next game up - Spurs away.  I just knew we'd beat them,  I think we bamboozled them with a guard of honour and bouquets of flowers.  We did the double over them that season and lost the final, the same as 1961.

Edited by murphy

Being in the top 4 all season long, no one can't deny that not getting Champions League qualification would be disappointing. Winning the FA Cup has definitley made me feel a bit more relaxed about tonight and where we finish. I didnt think winning at the weekend would feel as amazing as it currently does.

We have a top class manager and top class players - i dont see them resting on their laurels after working so hard all season long. I think we might sneak something out the game tonight. A win to top off Saturday would just be amazing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It was Albrighton that missed Chillwell's run? 

(Castagne did let Havertz go a bit)

It would be fabulous if we were to get something out of this but surely Chelsea won't slip up on all 3 targets?

A lot will depend where we are in all of this too. Have we got over the phenomenal effort,euphoria,boozing, and becoming superstar DJ's at Wembley in sufficient time?

Kante remains their most dangerous player. Holding back his influence is crucial. Do that and its 3/4 of the battle.

It's being a bit greedy to expect us to turn them over twice in 4 days but with Leicester anything seems possible.

Edited by Blue ROI