Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

Just had a quick look at the Chelsea forum.  A lot of pessimism about tonight's game, not the fire and brimstone that I was expecting.  They are on the floor.  I hope their team feels the same.

I wonder if our players have the legs for one more big push.  I feel almost exhausted on their behalf.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

It was Albrighton that missed Chillwell's run? 

(Castagne did let Havertz go a bit)

Yes ,I have been corrected on that. Marc should have done better there having played with him so often.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Using that particular frame where it's one before the ball is struck, it's incredibly tight.. even when they were reviewing the goal, I wasn't totally confident that it would be chalked off... but it was.

I think that looks more off than the one that was given!! 

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Nacho showing off his skills balancing the FA CUP base on his head made me wonder, if he could do that with a ball he could just run through the Chelsea defence and into the net.

If they tried to kick it off him, foot high dangerous play.

Knock him over, free kick/penalty.

:rolleyes:

Interesting thought - that plinth was the only thing that stuck to him on Saturday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Nacho showing off his skills balancing the FA CUP base on his head made me wonder, if he could do that with a ball he could just run through the Chelsea defence and into the net.

There was some South American laddie who did like a 'seal dribble' and it inspired so much hatred he got panelled for it. 

Think balancing it might count as obstruction, someone with a better understanding of the rules might illuminate. 

52 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Just hope the lads aren't sleeping off hangovers from Saturday on the journey to London tonight.

I've definitely got a 3 day hangover for the first time in my life!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Genius

Actually no reason why you couldn't score like this is there?

4 hours ago, ASHCFC said:

You should certainly not be in the least bit sorry sir. Thems the breaks. However, the fact of the matter was that the lino didn't call it off - VAR did. Anyway, it's not like that's the first debatable VAR decision we've seen this season. It's the rules we all have to play by now unitl some clever spark refines the system to stop offside being about millimetres, which I for one don't think it should be.

It wasn't really that close and it should have been spotted by the linesman. There's a clear strip of grass between the unnecessary fat lines they show us that on the full picture is wider than the linesmans leg. 

Kasper   
           Castagne.  Fofana.   Cags

Ricardo.                                    Thomas 

Youri.     N’didi  

Madders 

Kelch.        Vardy.  

Get Ricardo to destroy Chilly if he is playing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Kasper   
           Castagne.  Fofana.   Cags

Ricardo.                                    Thomas 

Youri.     N’didi  

Madders 

Kelch.        Vardy.  

Get Ricardo to destroy Chilly if he is playing.

No chance Riccy is giving Chilwell the run around.

if he picks him it will be so he can stop chilwell. There biggest threats are Mount, James and Chilwell if he plays the latter as attacking wingbacks.

Would not be surprised if he plays an extra midfielder so Kelechi makes way with Maddison playing off Vardy in a 5-4-1 - crucial we start well and don’t concede the longer it is nil nil the more fraught they will get especially wjth a crowd back in tonight!

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It wasn't really that close and it should have been spotted by the linesman. There's a clear strip of grass between the unnecessary fat lines they show us that on the full picture is wider than the linesmans leg. 

It probably was spotted by the lino but they're told to keep their flag down since VAR. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Do it for Craig David, Kel

Kelechi scored a goal on Monday, 

Kelechi scored again on Tuesday, 

Kelechi scored another on Wednesday 

And on Thursday 

And Friday 

And Saturday 

Then he scored on Sunday

• Like 1

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Kelechi scored a goal on Monday, 

Kelechi scored again on Tuesday, 

Kelechi scored another on Wednesday 

And on Thursday 

And Friday 

And Saturday 

Then he scored on Sunday

That's outstanding 👏

30 minutes ago, murphy said:

Just had a quick look at the Chelsea forum.  A lot of pessimism about tonight's game, not the fire and brimstone that I was expecting.  They are on the floor.  I hope their team feels the same.

I wonder if our players have the legs for one more big push.  I feel almost exhausted on their behalf.

If that's a genuine reflection of their fan base it could strongly go in our favour if we're able to get an early goal. Would silence the fans and I imagine they'd be a sense of frustration the longer the game goes on without a response.