Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

On 22/10/2023 at 10:10, StriderHiryu said:

Diego Maradona was totally one footed, but it didn't hold him back!

5 Goals, 4 assists in 12 games. The top ranked player statistically in the league. If we were a Premier League club, our transfer forum would be going crazy saying this is a player we should be looking to sign. What level can he get to? That we don't know yet, but he's clearly pretty good, and he has gone up a level since the first international break, the stats back him up on that.

Despite all that, he's still got room for growth. Right at the start of the second half, he had a chance that someone like him could / should bury. But he still made the decisive play to setup Fatawu. But I think it should be noted that this season is the most attacking he's been used with us, so he's learning as he goes. That's why he's still a bit rough round the edges on certain things.

He's very "kevin nolan" isn't he.........   really strong in the Championship... competent in the Premier League... but never going to earn huge amounts of england caps

Guest Sideshow Faes

Think he's having a really good season and it will be interesting to see if the confidence this gives him means he can push on once we get promoted. With Enzo in charge and better players coming in hopefully he can continue there.

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

He's very "kevin nolan" isn't he.........   really strong in the Championship... competent in the Premier League... but never going to earn huge amounts of england caps

How many great club players, were happy with that accolade.. 

Shows how 

some fans /media try & twist a negative knife, where no wound exists, just to smack off a cynical remark... 

There is not one fan that wouldn't stand high and be proud of "just  a club career"  one footed to booted, really rubs the noses into those nonachievers commentators.. 

He is an old Alan Ball type  player, 

That Scandinavian East European clubs, produced for decades... All or most loved by their fans, often proclaiming "he is one of us".. 

Bloody treasure..!! 

• Like 1

wasn't intended as a negative comment.... just an observation.... 

A comment above mine was saying if he fixes all his faults he could be an england starter.... I don't see it that way... I think he will fall into the Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan, type category.... which is about a million times bigger than anything i achieved in the game. 

He's a very good player. And the league stats currently have him as one of the best in the division. Yet I still think KDH routinely makes poor decisions when there is a positive pass on. However if he can iron that flaw out he will be a top top player. I already think his engine & after burners are probably one of the best around. Do a bit of fine tuning and he will be coveted by the big boys. 

• Like 2

Final ball still needs work, and I'm not sure if he's a box to box midfielder who's been asked to be more creative due to the division we are in, or if that part of his game will just always hold him back from the next level.

Regardless, he's probably the best player in the league. Only one to have 10 G/A so far.

9 hours ago, LVFox said:

Final ball still needs work, and I'm not sure if he's a box to box midfielder who's been asked to be more creative due to the division we are in, or if that part of his game will just always hold him back from the next level.

Regardless, he's probably the best player in the league. Only one to have 10 G/A so far.

As we will likely find out next season, the gulf in class to produce end product week in, week out in the PL requires plenty. Unless he's improving significantly under Maresca then he's a 5 goals 5 assists PL player IMO which is decent but he's on for 30+ goals and assists this season 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As we will likely find out next season, the gulf in class to produce end product week in, week out in the PL requires plenty. Unless he's improving significantly under Maresca then he's a 5 goals 5 assists PL player IMO which is decent but he's on for 30+ goals and assists this season 😂

Agree, and that influence should create those targets for this season

If the squad advances & evolves, KDH should be expected to deliver 8-12 goals a season, plus open end assists…but again that will not be always the end measure of such players,there is alway those that fit in the odd good goal,but more value with assists to assists.

At present just embracing watching his game,and though not insisting..he could

( not should) of had another 5 goals on his tally books..Cutting across or around that penalty area,doesn’t half cause problems and a joy to see..q

But first let’s take it step by step and enjoy the journey,with stops for donuts and the odd juicy Bacon Butty..

16 hours ago, LVFox said:

Definitely think a box to box role is his game. He's bloody quick for a centre mid, great engine and reasonably physical. Hard to judge too much off last season but when compared with his first season, he been moved from a more box to box role to an attacking one and I think it limited his impact. 

As you and others say, it's his final ball, decision making that can let him down (and the one footedness, though the pace and agility compensate for that). Still, it's been markedly improved this year.