Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

As you and others say, it's his final ball, decision making that can let him down (and the one footedness, though the pace and agility compensate for that). Still, it's been markedly improved this year.

This is it 100%. His control and movement are very good. I think he had Winks' brain he'd be an England starter.

10 goal contribution - 5 goals and 5 assists. He's been directly involved in 10 of the 27 league goals we've scored. I'm not KDH biggest fan as I think he's not PL quality but at this level he's the man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2023 at 13:45, foxile5 said:

This is it 100%. His control and movement are very good. I think he had Winks' brain he'd be an England starter.

I am not sure his first touch is better than Harry’s or his general control. The midfield position for England is a very difficult one to break into as Maddison has found but nevertheless he is a great player and one of the best home grown talents we have produced particularly in his position. 

43 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Is it me or does KDH get better as the game goes on? 

Almost every game he seems at 80 mins - 95 mins he's the best player on the pitch 

Combination of his fantastic engine and work rate + us having 70% of the ball.

I think he'll score another hatful after 80 minutes à la Blackburn as opposition midfielders are goosed and can''t track him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Is it me or does KDH get better as the game goes on? 

Almost every game he seems at 80 mins - 95 mins he's the best player on the pitch 

...noticed that since the Coventry game, perhaps not getting better, just a better engine as others tire!!!

He was pretty absent in the Leeds game but nearly made up for it with a header at the end. Would love him to be consistently performing all game.

• Like 1

What the entire central midfield, including KDH, lacks is pace going forward. Its either pass or turn and side or back pass. There is no driving out of midfield that the likes of Tielemans, Mahrez, Maddision and even Kante of the past could do. This is why I quite like it when Ricardo moves to midfield, he is good on the ball and can drive forward at pace. Without a forward thinking and moving midfielder then we have little chance of ever getting Vardy into a game and he will be doing well to finish on 8 goals this season when he should be popping at least 15 and ideally 20+ in this division. Our current midfield, including KDH, would be a goal desert in the EPL.

6 minutes ago, Bazly said:

What the entire central midfield, including KDH, lacks is pace going forward. Its either pass or turn and side or back pass. There is no driving out of midfield that the likes of Tielemans, Mahrez, Maddision and even Kante of the past could do. This is why I quite like it when Ricardo moves to midfield, he is good on the ball and can drive forward at pace. Without a forward thinking and moving midfielder then we have little chance of ever getting Vardy into a game and he will be doing well to finish on 8 goals this season when he should be popping at least 15 and ideally 20+ in this division. Our current midfield, including KDH, would be a goal desert in the EPL.

I'm not having those two are quicker then KDH  lol

4 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Genuinely not trying to be that guy but if I read your post correctly you’ve implied that Youri and Madders drive the ball forward at pace?

That is definitely NOT something that I think we would say were either of their strengths if being honest.

If you said, look up and play a killer ball with minimal fuss/thought process - I’d agree though. 

He needs to manage his game better, Get his positioning better. Why he spent so much of the game on the right I don't know.

Effectively getting in Ricardo's way at times.

If he's playing in the 10 role stay there where he can fill in for Kelechi when he drops deep and also support Stephy.

He should have passed to Stephy instead of shooting that time. But these are the small decisions which win or lose games.

12 hours ago, FLAN said:

How is this thread so quiet. He was woeful yet again today but he gets no criticism?  The KDH hype train need derailing. He can’t play simple passes half the time 

Couldn't agree more. Numbers on paper very impressive this season but his decision making on the final pass lets him down repeatedly.

• Like 1