Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People over analysing again.

He's just lost a game with a bit of needle and had a camara shoved in his face.

Away from home against a team in form, with a crowd really up for it we did the job in the first half, quieten the crowd and ground out a goal. 

Sending off put us on the back and made a good job of limiting them until they score in the 79 minutes, then the wheels came off a little.

You need adversity to forge a team in fire, this will help them grow them grow.

It was the 1st half performance I'm talking about where we've not turned up. Not having we did a job 1st half,we played like we weren't up for it. Was bizarre. Mavididi and Fatawu were absolutely nowhere, KDH and Cannon's sloppiness on the ball, this was not a collective unit that were meeting the importance of a big game.

Hopefully we learn from this and get the win vs Ipswich, that will go some way to making amends for yesterday.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was the 1st half performance I'm talking about where we've not turned up. Not having we did a job 1st half,we played like we weren't up for it. Was bizarre. Mavididi and Fatawu were absolutely nowhere, KDH and Cannon's sloppiness on the ball, this was not a collective unit that were meeting the importance of a big game.

Hopefully we learn from this and get the win vs Ipswich, that will go some way to making amends for yesterday.

Away from home you go in 1-0 up at half time, you have done your job for the first half.

Playing away from home is often about quieten the crowd, we were taking control to the game from about the 20 minute onwards first half stats reflect that.

Can't be always champagne football in a derby game with a lot of passion.

I'm not surprised Fatawu and Cannon were sloppy, probably the biggest game the have every player in. Massive learning curve fo the likes of Fatawu 19, Casadi 20, Cannon 21, Madds 23, Mcteer 22.  

Even the like of Faes and KDH they are still learning to be the main men and leaders.

No surprise Winks and Vesterguard with the most experience look the most composed.

People expectations are OTT.

We are building something it takes time, the PL title sides core, went though Watford PO defeat, winning the Championship and the great escape.

You are forged by you hard times.

Screenshot_20240114_120644_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Even though we hadn’t turned up and was well below our standard we was at least on par with them at their place. We got the goal but the red stuffed us.

• Like 2

The suggestion of us ‘not turning up’ is perhaps ignoring the impact Robins had on the game tactically. 

The opposition manager can sometimes setup in a way to negate a threat or style of play - and Robins certainly did that in the first half.

In a similar way to how Ipswich tried to combat our midfield dominance via the inverted full back, Coventry made sure they had a ‘box 4’ shape in the middle when out of possession by bringing wingers inside / sitting the striker deep.

Unlike Ipswich however, Coventry managed to do this without sacrificing too much space out wide.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The suggestion of us ‘not turning up’ is perhaps ignoring the impact Robins had on the game tactically. 

The opposition manager can sometimes setup in a way to negate a threat or style of play - and Robins certainly did that in the first half.

In a similar way to how Ipswich tried to combat our midfield dominance via the inverted full back, Coventry made sure they had a ‘box 4’ shape in the middle when out of possession by bringing wingers inside / sitting the striker deep.

Unlike Ipswich however, Coventry managed to do this without sacrificing too much space out wide.

First half we misplaced about 6-7 simple passing options from no pressure at all. We started very very slowly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Away from home you go in 1-0 up at half time, you have done your job for the first half.

Playing away from home is often about quieten the crowd, we were taking control to the game from about the 20 minute onwards first half stats reflect that.

I'm not surprised Fatawu and Cannon were sloppy, probably the biggest game the have every player in. Massive learning curve fo the likes of Fatawu 19, Casadi 20, Cannon 21, Madds 23, Mcteer 22.  

Even the like of Faes and KDH they are still learning to be the main men and leaders.

No surprise Winks and Vesterguard with the most experience look the most composed.

We are building something it takes time, the PL title sides core, went though Watford PO defeat, winning the Championship and the great escape.

Let's hope they learn. A win in what we determine as a big game in 2024 will be an important accolade. Ipswich, Leeds, Southampton all to come. I want minimum 2 results out of those. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

How dare you talk sense on here!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

First half we misplaced about 6-7 simple passing options from no pressure at all. We started very very slowly.

Yeah, that's where my frustration comes from. Really slow start, didn't actively look to press like we had done and probably why I'm reacting by saying we didn't look up for it. Final 15 mins of the 1st half was better, we created the best chance of the half for sure.

It's a game of fine margins. If we win the game then the first half gets forgotten about and we lost the game because we were down to 10 men but the manner of the way we approached it disappointed me. Perhaps I don't get it, this game is not a fixture I'm calm and rational about. I absolutely detest them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

KDH is not the same player when played on the right, He loses something. I can only assume Enzo is doing it to expand his education and awareness.

I thought he was one of the few who played well the other day. His work for the casadei chance was excellent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

KDH is not the same player when played on the right, He loses something. I can only assume Enzo is doing it to expand his education and awareness.

I thought he'd had some decent games in that position, he was struggling to execute simple passes though. Him and Fatawu (I think) had a great chance to create a 1 v 1 and go 2 up and it breaks down and then straight after we're down to 10 men and the rest is history.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

I thought he was one of the few who played well the other day. His work for the casadei chance was excellent

Yes,  That was when he made a move more into the 10 position similar to what he done when winning the Penalty.  He's much more effective in games playing in the 10 role.

Plus Casadai has been improving in the 8 role also then he switches them yesterday. Just a little strange to me.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he'd had some decent games in that position, he was struggling to execute simple passes though. Him and Fatawu (I think) had a great chance to create a 1 v 1 and go 2 up and it breaks down and then straight after we're down to 10 men and the rest is history.

He only seems to come alive when he makes that move into the Centre or 10 role. He seems a little lost when asked to play the 8.

So I just question why Enzo moves him unless it's as I say to expand his knowldge of the game and different positions.

Yes you're right about the 1 v 1.  But would it have broken down on the left, I doubt it. As he's more comfortably there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Is he who we consider the next Mr Leicester City?

After the departure of Andy King? 

Don't think there will ever be another Kingy and he wasn't really one of ours. Which I wonder if that made him appreciate it more with it being a 2nd chance. 

13 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I do think if a big club came in he’d be off like a shot. Not criticism but you can tell he’s very ambitious 

If a premier league club like Liverpool / Spurs make a bid in January he’s off. 

36 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If a premier league club like Liverpool / Spurs make a bid in January he’s off. 

Yeah but it’s the same for any player really. Yes it means a bit more to him because he’s a Leicester boy but it wouldn’t mean enough to stop him progressing his career.