Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

weve got to many flair players but the defebsuvr is shite so he has to play teo holding players 

id go 4 5 1 

tripper stones mings chilwell

rice

foden   grelish  mount 

kane

Someone else tell him. I'm laughing too hard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

weve got to many flair players but the defebsuvr is shite so he has to play teo holding players 

id go 4 5 1 

tripper stones mings chilwell

rice

foden   grelish  mount 

kane

No wonder we’ve been shit we’ve been a man down all tournament 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, shailen said:

Are we not better off winning the group? We'll get France or Portugal most likely who will both be tough to beat. 

Does it matter? If we wanna win it we’ve got to beat them all. 

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

Does it matter? If we wanna win it we’ve got to beat them all. 

I do hear this a lot and I get the point, but I'd rather we face one or two elite nations and much further in the competition.

Did we think we were really justified to be semi finalists in the last world cup?  but the route we had was incredible and had we beat Croatia we'd have been in a world cup final. 

With Croatia and England performing as they are, this isn’t just a dull group, it’s an eyesore.  Five goals in eight matches.  For the neutral, none of these sides look like they will add much to the knockouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Do you think if we crash out at the quarters, the FA will retain Southgate?

100%. I'd go as far as saying getting through the groups (would take a disaster to not) has already bagged him Qatar. They've proven previously how low the expectations really are which is why ultimately above anything we lag behind the real top teams, even though as a country we have everything in place to be one of them. Hodgson surviving Brazil was the proof. Russia will be seen as the credit in the bank even if I think you can give the draw as much credit as Southgate, who did OK, but nothing special.

I've said for a while I can only see this ending in tears again. I thought we did OK against Croatia, but Friday was a disgrace and the cracks are really starting to appear. I've seen nothing to suggest we can beat anyone good. To be honest I think even if we run into Sweden we'll have problems.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shailen said:

I do hear this a lot and I get the point, but I'd rather we face one or two elite nations and much further in the competition.

Did we think we were really justified to be semi finalists in the last world cup?  but the route we had was incredible and had we beat Croatia we'd have been in a world cup final. 

Yeah. Of course everyone wants the easiest route. Fact is the first time we came up against a good team in the World Cup we lost. 

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah. Of course everyone wants the easiest route. Fact is the first time we came up against a good team in the World Cup we lost. 

Agreed and they weren't even that good! But the route allowed us to get there and had we beat them then anything would have been possible in a one off game in a final against France! Had we had France's route to the final, I think we'd have struggled to even get past the last 16 tie. I don't always buy the argument that the best team wins and that you've got to beat the best to win a tournament. Let someone else hopefully do that for us!! 

England are almost definitely through to the round of 16 so why not mix it up?

Play Maguire and Henderson to build their fitness and match sharpness, and Sancho if he's coming back from injury. Rest Kane (who looks fvcked) for Calvert-Lewin. 

Edited by Nalis