Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

The suggestion in the Athletic article is that the main reason Southgate doesn't pick Grealish because he doesn't fully trust him to press and maintain position when England don't have the ball, whereas he trusts Mount to do that. If true, this would reinforce the impression that he's more concerned with avoiding defeat that winning games, which might work during the group stage (and in our case, it is working as we are almost certainly through to the last 16), but clearly won't take you very far in the knockout stage unless your plan is to take every game to penalties and win the shoot-out, which seems a little risky.

Obviously Southgate is not going to be sacked two games into a tournament in which we have four points, but if we bomb out in the round of 16 he may consider his position. The question then is who would replace him. I can't think of a single English candidate that I'm confident would do the job much better, and I'm not sure that any of the truly elite foreign coaches would take the job. So who would we end up with?

I think Graham Potter would be worth considering. At least he would get us playing decent football and he'd have the forward players at his disposal to make the most of the chances that that football produces, unlike at Brighton.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Athletic have done an article which suggests the relationship between Grealish and Southgate is fraught. Also referencing that some of the squad think he has favourites. Not a good sign 

Seems fairly obvious to casual observers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Honestly people will say it's flippant but this lad's habit of having a laugh and a joke with opponents irked a lot of our fans, a lot of Chelsea fans and has now possibly robbed him of a start in a major tournament.

Brilliant isn't it? :ph34r:lol

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Young Billy Gilmour might have just saved Southgates job... Forcing him maybe to play Graelish or Sancho and move Mount deeper. 

It was really noticeable on Friday that the STV pundits and Commentators were unable to call him just "Gilmour".

It was WeeBillyGilmour, YoungBillyGilmour, and when he was really impressing, YoungBilly.

lol

• Haha 1

This is part of the problem with some modern day footballers (not all). Care more about hugging and laughing after a game. I get it but also, i dont.

Be friends outside of the pitch. While on that pitch or in the stadium  its enemy #1. When you take that out of the game it dilutes it for me.

Chilwell didnt even play, why is he even allowed to hug an opposing player after the game? (If thats what happened).

Good player but that part of his game needs to be binned.

• Like 1

Surely they must have been out with gilmour after the game or something like that. I know chilwell was hugging him after the match, but surely gilmour had more often and close contact with some of the England players during the game? 

Or maybe Southgate was pissed off with his attitude after the match maybe? 

Edited by Wakeyfox

I don’t suppose it’s being the realms of possibility that the Chelsea trio met up away from the pitch too. It is a bit daft off only two England players have to isolate after the whole Scottish squad and management team gave Gilmour hugs, cuddles, kisses, happy en…no I won’t lower the tone