Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh god no, I hope they dick you. 

The great thing is, whoever dicks who, it'll be the UK family that wins in the end. I'm sure come the final whistle we can all agree that's the main thing. 

• Haha 2

In light of covid, it really is ridiculous that these two are playing in Scotland given how many games have been moved to cities like Budapest. I mean, Christ, you couldn't really get a much more convenient country for these two than Hungary. 

2 minutes ago, bfox said:

Bit odd, ref blowing for time with 20 seconds left and Croatia had the ball at the edge of the box 

Friday, innit?

I bet he said “Pub?” To the other officials.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Feel bad for saying it but part of me would love Czechs to beat England and Croatia to finish 2nd in the group. Wouldn't mind if Scotland squeaked 2nd either. England are so uninspiring and it might get Southgate the sack of we don't make the group. 

England went out of the last Euros against Iceland. Our players just don't seem to have the motivation for international tournaments which is weird as they nearly always qualify at a canter. No energy, enthusiasm, pride. 

Scotland were the better team and deserved to win. A point is probably better for England but in the scheme of things, I don't really care tbh. 

• Like 1

the group has been piss poor so far

Croatia= look older unmotivated and nowhere near the group of three years ago, better second half today but didnt deserve the win

Czechs-great first game, but inconsistent wont go beyond the 2nd rtound for me

England; talent galore, but a manager who seems afraid of letting the team express themselfs against anybody decent. horrendous tonight, 

Scotland: improved under clarke deserved the three points tonight, lack quality up front and out wide, dykes players for qpr and adams ings understudy for a reason.

I will add players are tired its been  2 year season, but its been poor the euros so far the games have been so pedestrian its being fall asleep time for a lot of games

hopefully it improves in the knock out stages.

I'm seeing a lot about finishing second in the group being better for us. However if we finish 1st we get a more difficult 2nd round game (likely Portugal/Germany), however IF you get through that, that side of the draw is looking pretty empty and there's a clear route to the final. If we finish 2nd then it's likely an easier 2nd round game but then we'd have to beat two of Italy/France/Belgium to get to the final, which quite frankly we wont do. 

id be very very surprised if we make it to the semi final's tbf, like some have predicted, as frankly we arent good enough

Southgate isnt good enough as a manager, baffling subs/team selection etc, even watching us under Puel had a tad more about it than that

he might have took us to a WC semi final but you look back at that run we got incredibly lucky with our route there

imo England need a change of manager after the tournament, rather than a  FA yes man 

on the group as a whole, it is a decent result in terms of the group, as there is all to play for in the last game for Croatia and Scotland

Guest ttfn
3 hours ago, Lionator said:

I'm seeing a lot about finishing second in the group being better for us. However if we finish 1st we get a more difficult 2nd round game (likely Portugal/Germany), however IF you get through that, that side of the draw is looking pretty empty and there's a clear route to the final. If we finish 2nd then it's likely an easier 2nd round game but then we'd have to beat two of Italy/France/Belgium to get to the final, which quite frankly we wont do. 

Not to mention we’d lose home advantage in the second round.

I would far rather win the group and go out in the last 16 with a bit of pride than limp into the last 16, beat Slovakia on penalties and then get hammered by France in the quarters.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Not to mention we’d lose home advantage in the second round.

I would far rather win the group and go out in the last 16 with a bit of pride than limp into the last 16, beat Slovakia on penalties and then get hammered by France in the quarters.

I'm 1000% cheering you on to win your group. Absolutely. 

Definitely want you to get Portugal, Germany or France in the next round. 

Then all we have to do is limp in to the quarters and we win football for another four (well, three) years. :cool:

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm 1000% cheering you on to win your group. Absolutely. 

Definitely want you to get Portugal, Germany or France in the next round. 

Then all we have to do is limp in to the quarters and we win football for another four (well, three) years. :cool:

Southgate took the point knowing full well topping the group is a bad idea… Scotland were the easiest team to ensure we got that point to control matters 

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Southgate took the point knowing full well topping the group is a bad idea… Scotland were the easiest team to ensure we got that point to control matters 

Hahahaha. Behave. 

You weren't good enough on the night to beat Scotland at Wembley. That's the stone cold fact. 

If you want to bury your head in the sand by telling yourself that getting the point was the gameplan then fine but trying to convince others of that is absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 2