Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well with today’s results I think he’ll rotate a bit as as things stand, we have officially qualified. 

Still think winning the group is our best outcome if we want to go far. The last 16 would be tough but win that and the confidence and the route opening up a bit would make it interesting. Obviously right now a win vs Germany, France or Portugal would be unthinkable but you never know.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Still think winning the group is our best outcome if we want to go far. The last 16 would be tough but win that and the confidence and the route opening up a bit would make it interesting. Obviously right now a win vs Germany, France or Portugal would be unthinkable but you never know.

No need to push the boat out though in my view, let’s rest players and not risk injuries 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

No need to push the boat out though in my view, let’s rest players and not risk injuries 

Oh yes, he could rotate and us be stronger anyway.

E.G

Pickford

Trippier

White

Maguire

Walker

Rice

Bellingham

Grealish

Foden

Sancho

Rashford/DCL

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You seen the quarter final and semi final route we'd have if we don't come top though?

Isn’t finishing third the best lol I’m all for winning just feel it doesn’t matter. We could get Spain if second… third not sure about though 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You seen the quarter final and semi final route we'd have if we don't come top though?

I’m not too arsed. The nerves of a knockout game in a summer tournament are what it’s all about 

Much rather face France/Germany/Portugal at home in R16 than somewhere where we have pretty much zero fans in the QF. 

That, coupled with the momentum of actually winning a game convincingly could do wonders.

Going into R16 after a dismal performance vs Scotland and Czechs would be terrible. 

Just now, Izzy said:

I really don't like this business of third place x 4 getting through. 

Either go back to 16 teams in the Euro's or extend it to 32, but six groups of four is daft IMO

It should have stayed 16. If it was extended to 32 then I can't imagine any half decent team wouldn't qualify and would make the whole qualification even more pointless.

12 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It should have stayed 16. If it was extended to 32 then I can't imagine any half decent team wouldn't qualify and would make the whole qualification even more pointless.

I reckon they should go the whole hog and extend it to 48. As it happens there are only 44 countries in Europe according to the UN, so every team would qualify and they'd have to invite four more from other continents. However I still think they should make all the teams play in qualifying matches for the tournament and then use the places in those tables for some complex seeding system in the competition proper. It will be cosmic.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1